Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How are you dealing with the Covid 19 lockdown?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Morrigu, the way I've seen it over a couple of decades is - do your research. How rare is the real estate you are seeking or can afford? Consider renting and not sellng your existing property. I've seen it all too often where one partner loves it and the other struggles to even like it. You will make the most of wherever you are. You are that type of person.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:10 pm

^ very good advice PP!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:24 pm

Borders are apparently due to open soon, so we should be able to takeoff in the van! Going up that way, hopefully we can fly the girls up to join us on Fraser Island for a weekend. I love Hervey Bay, it’s beautiful up there.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:47 pm

The NSW-Vic border has not been closed this whole time. Go cruisin.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:34 pm

want to head to the top end, and hubby likes to wait til its really $$%^%%$ cold here to go on holidays!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:02 pm

Ugh, reading my last post, missed it by that much!

So I finally shook of the Covid sads, decided to start doing some spring cleaning, rearranging, etc. under the stairs has been a death zone since we moved in, I wanted to chuck a piece of left over carpet down, but hubby was going to put wood down like everywhere else, he started but well, I mean I know it’s only been 12 years, I don’t like to nag, but I’m sick of tripping on the loose bits, and trying to dust, not to mention dodging the it will do random filing cabinets and book cases! So this morning I thought I’d tidy it a bit! By 10 am I had it completely empty, including a bloody big industrial 4 draw filing cabinet, which was just filled with random shit and old accounts books. It took a few c words but it’s in the back yard! And then I looked at the piles of folders, jackets and all sorts of shit! I have no idea how it all fitted! There was a carpet runner I forgot I had shoved under the bottom step, used to be in the movie room, so I screwed it down to the (very) floating boards! A few more f and c words got 2 book shelves back in there, and I filled in the gap that the dogs use for a cubby, they got a few more toys back! I guess that’s another one day! I half filled the recycling bin with books I can legally dump, and chucked away a shit load of obsolete PC cables, and various Chargers etc. and I found our old dial up phone.! That will make a neat prop! I unscrewed the artfully random screws and hooks, and ordered a stand thing will shelves and a rail from Kmart. We forgot to put a light under the stairs, luckily there is a power point and we have one of those 1.2 m long work lamps in there, it fell off the cabinet, but it’s ok, my head broke it’s fall! I also met the stairs a few times, so I taped s pillow to the worst offender, and the next time it didn’t hurt, but the tape ripped half my hair out!

So 4 or 5 hours later, the books are in order, the house papers are in order. Various random hubby crap is neat, so now I have the bug, and the postie will be making a few visits! I’m going to fix up every cupboard in the house!

And I got a nice humph from hubby for me efforts! I think he took offence to “its ok, I screwed the carpet to those loose boards!” Sensitive **** today!

I’m a gunna chop, I mean trim, those his choice trees in the front yard next week! To his credit though, he bought wall and ceiling paint a couple of weeks ago!

So what things have you been putting off for years? And has Covid got you motivated?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:20 pm

Hah, nice work.

I'm still on light duties but with the feeling of spring in the air, I got motivated on some stuff that's 25 years over due.

Got outside yesterday with scrapers. Both front doors are timber with 4 glass panes, took my time removing paint from the glass where the door had been painted and no one put down masking tape.

Today, after I'd done my meetings, got onto the 2nd front door which is not in great shape, and the windows. Linseed putty on the windows, builders bog in the gaps, cracks and spaces in the door, all troweled down with the small tool.

Also pulled the 1950's doorbell button off the first front door and with a bit of steel wool cleaned over 50 years of finger grime off. Looks like a bought one. Very Happy

Made a To Do list. I become unemployed in about 10 weeks so got enough jobs to last me past Xmas even if I cheat and start some now.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:24 pm

My mum wanted to go to Bunnings just before stage 4 lockdown was announced and buy paint and paint the house but luckily she didn't get the chance as I needed the money more!

But now she is talking of getting online and ordering some next pension day and doing it anyway. The reason she wants to paint is the 2 kids, 3 and 7 have turned the walls into their own arts studio, in every room of the house!!!

There is one massive problem with her plan to still do it though, the 3 y.o does go to childcare 2 days a week, but the 7 y.o won't be going back to school till early October, so I'm not quite sure when she thinks she is going to get any chance to paint with them still in the house!!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:32 pm

Yikes.

Buy her 20 litres of sugar soap.

From practical experience, you can't just paint over pencil or crayon on walls, it bleeds straight through multiple coats. Unless you paint it black.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:59 pm

Who’s kids are they?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:19 pm

Texta also! Had to buy washable textas but no idea if the actually come off any easier and the damage is well and truly done.

My sisters kids.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:42 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Texta also! Had to buy washable textas but no idea if the actually come off any easier and the damage is well and truly done.

My sisters kids.

so why isnt she cleaning and painting it then

and no, mine didnt, not after the first time anyway!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:44 am

My kids got into the walls in my sons room, after a few discussions I cut a deal and let them go nuts in that room but no where else in the house. It worked.

Then of course when he's a few years older, and wants to have friends over, that look isn't cool.

tried sugar soap, sand paper, various spray and wipes, in the end 2 coats of black paint did the trick.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:00 pm

You guys need to get onto those magic erasers! They're the best.

https://home.howstuffworks.com/magic-eraser.htm

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:02 pm

nope, no magic erasers!

one whack on the arse and a dont you dare do it again, heres some paper did the trick

and **** the naughty corner!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 8 of 15   

Jump to: