Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How are you dealing with the Covid 19 lockdown?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Nothing like an irrelevant hypothetical, is there? He's just posting more partisan bilge. "6 months into the Dandemic"? Pull the other one.

I've had it. I have plenty of sympathy for people who are doing it tough, or feel that they are. I have no sympathy for those who are just engaged in political trolling.

IMO it'd be a lot better if there were a DAndrews thread in VPT where that stuff could be moved.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:13 pm

think positive wrote:
cheers mate - She hates group assignments for the most part, because She has had some lousy groups, but like you She wont let anyone down. Im not sure your circumstances, but is there someone you know locally you can meet at their gate and walk with? Im one of those annoying people who talks to everyone, so even if i walk alone, i end up with conversation, and honey, we all need conversation. cheers, you got this mate, only 21 today, so surely this is nearly over xx

It’s funny because I often feel like my work in a group isn’t as good as my individual work and my classmates probably think I don’t know much!

Yeah I do with a mate when he works from home, so those days are good, but then he’s back at work and the loneliness comes back.

I’m not the greatest social person, I like talking shit with people I know about common problems. I’m the king of the post meeting/training car park chat that has gone on for hours!!!

But it’s interesting around here, in the early days people were still friendly out on the walks but now people avoid strangers like you’ve got the plague and chances if anyone in this area actually being positive for Covid are extremely low
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:36 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
think positive wrote:
cheers mate - She hates group assignments for the most part, because She has had some lousy groups, but like you She wont let anyone down. Im not sure your circumstances, but is there someone you know locally you can meet at their gate and walk with? Im one of those annoying people who talks to everyone, so even if i walk alone, i end up with conversation, and honey, we all need conversation. cheers, you got this mate, only 21 today, so surely this is nearly over xx

It’s funny because I often feel like my work in a group isn’t as good as my individual work and my classmates probably think I don’t know much!

Yeah I do with a mate when he works from home, so those days are good, but then he’s back at work and the loneliness comes back.

I’m not the greatest social person, I like talking shit with people I know about common problems. I’m the king of the post meeting/training car park chat that has gone on for hours!!!

But it’s interesting around here, in the early days people were still friendly out on the walks but now people avoid strangers like you’ve got the plague and chances if anyone in this area actually being positive for Covid are extremely low

yeah junior said the same yesterday, people aint friendly anymore! we saw a guy this morning with no mask and she said he looks like hes ready for a fight, and i said thats the guy i told you about yesterday!

i hope your mate can work from home more so you have a walk buddy, cheers

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:53 pm

K wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Nothing like an irrelevant hypothetical, is there? He's just posting more partisan bilge. "6 months into the Dandemic"? Pull the other one.

I've had it. I have plenty of sympathy for people who are doing it tough, or feel that they are. I have no sympathy for those who are just engaged in political trolling.

IMO it'd be a lot better if there were a DAndrews thread in VPT where that stuff could be moved.

^ Said like you are not the poor bastard who'd have to move it.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:56 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
K wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

^ Said like you are not the poor bastard who'd have to move it.

you get paid well enough to do it!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:02 pm

The "poor bastard" I had in mind was David, TP.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:09 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
The "poor bastard" I had in mind was David, TP.

ah well he gets equal pay from nicks yeah??!!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:11 pm

Yep, I’m on a Band 3.2 casual rate of $50 an hour, with overtime and weekend loading – pretty good coin, really! Thinking of taking on bulletin board moderation full-time, so I can be set for life. Wink
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:36 pm

David wrote:
Yep, I’m on a Band 3.2 casual rate of $50 an hour, with overtime and weekend loading – pretty good coin, really! Thinking of taking on bulletin board moderation full-time, so I can be set for life. Wink

do you get yellow card bonuses??!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:38 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Thank you to those who were supportive

Partisan trolling? Yeah that’s why QLD and WA are used as examples of a happy place to be...My Aunty is pro Labor and ready to kill herself.

The only thing that shits me is when Dan working full time with a massive pay rise tells everyone he understands what we’re going through...

No I don’t think I’m the only one struggling, plenty are yet so many people who are working full time or enjoying being paid to sit at home keep telling everyone to suck it up and deal with it, **** off.

We are never going to agree about politics and yes be as angry as you want with whoever you want but IMHO it is consuming you and making a bad situation even worse for you.

It’s tough for everyone - sitting in full PPE holding my mum’s hand with gloves on wasn’t how I wanted things to be but I am grateful I at least got to do that some didn’t and that’s just heartbreaking ( I will admit I slipped a glove off in the last 30 minutes or so as I knew it was imminent). My siblings and her grand children hadn’t physically seen her for months - as with many other families - it’s horrible! And I had a new respect for my colleagues who have to try and care for patients in PPE - I had sore spots and marks after just a few hours of sitting.

Are there not some short courses on topics that really interest you that you could do? Is there something that you always thought you would like to do if you had the time like say learn to play guitar or anything?

Or how about golf - not my cup of tea but the hubby seems to like it - you could pretend the ball was ..... well you know Laughing

You will drive yourself mad or worse if you just keep focusing on the negatives - you need to take more care of you.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:59 pm

Morrigu wrote:
We are never going to agree about politics and yes be as angry as you want with whoever you want but IMHO it is consuming you and making a bad situation even worse for you.

The whole VPT is consumed by politics.

Every topic gets distorted into a political fight.

Last edited by K on Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
K 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:02 pm

Venting will not help you cope better with lockdown, but laughter will

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/venting-will-not-help-you-cope-better-with-lockdown-but-laughter-will-20200918-p55x4x.html

""Venting" ... is one of several coping strategies that have been found to have a negative influence on mental health, according to a Monash University study.

Rather than helping, a good rant contributed to worse mental health.

"Normally it's good to have a vent but in our study we found it was associated with higher stress levels," said associate professor Caroline Gurvich, deputy director of the Monash Alfred Psychiatry research centre.

Professor Gurvich said three coping strategies that boosted mental health were "positive reframing", acceptance and humour."
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:48 pm

think positive wrote:
David wrote:

do you get yellow card bonuses??!

Yep, usually a luxury car! The generosity of Mike knows no bounds. Cool

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:12 pm

that explains it then! Razz
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:33 pm

Morrigu wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Thank you to those who were supportive

Partisan trolling? Yeah that’s why QLD and WA are used as examples of a happy place to be...My Aunty is pro Labor and ready to kill herself.

The only thing that shits me is when Dan working full time with a massive pay rise tells everyone he understands what we’re going through...

No I don’t think I’m the only one struggling, plenty are yet so many people who are working full time or enjoying being paid to sit at home keep telling everyone to suck it up and deal with it, **** off.

It’s tough for everyone - sitting in full PPE holding my mum’s hand with gloves on wasn’t how I wanted things to be but I am grateful I at least got to do that some didn’t and that’s just heartbreaking ( I will admit I slipped a glove off in the last 30 minutes or so as I knew it was imminent). My siblings and her grand children hadn’t physically seen her for months - as with many other families - it’s horrible! And I had a new respect for my colleagues who have to try and care for patients in PPE - I had sore spots and marks after just a few hours of sitting.

Are there not some short courses on topics that really interest you that you could do? Is there something that you always thought you would like to do if you had the time like say learn to play guitar or anything?

Or how about golf - not my cup of tea but the hubby seems to like it - you could pretend the ball was ..... well you know Laughing

You will drive yourself mad or worse if you just keep focusing on the negatives - you need to take more care of you.

I know some have it far worse this year, my nan still regrets leaving last year when grandpa was going down, he was gone before they arrived the next day. Its a terrible time and I'm glad you got some final closure and it is a time you can bend some rules for common sense!

But agree on the PPE, a mate who is a doctor and bald showed his 'scars' after a day of mask wearing, funny to see though! I'm always on the lookout for something more comfortable than our P2 masks during summer, but at least we have down time to take them on and off and don't have to worry about spreading a virus whilst doing it.

Hopefully cricket kicks off shortly up the country and I'll be out of here as soon as the dates are confirmed, have to go up at least 14 days early to cross the border, but you've given me a great idea, I should stick Dans head on the back of the nets and practice my bouncers this week Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15   

Jump to: