Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hubs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mattdally wrote:
Unfortunately the dictator running Victoria won't let it happen. He is worse than corona that bloke. Other states are sensible and starting to ease their restrictions yet in Vic we're not adjusting.

It's a disgrace.

Someone who cares more about life than sport......what a horrible person Dan Andrews is.....just the worst!!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:30 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Oh ffs, do you think Vic players with families will agree to living in a Qld detention centre for at least 3 months? There'll be a revolt. This reeks of the AFL thinking of $$$ for the Suns and Lions. And who do you think is pushing for footy to start again? The gambling sponsors and TV networks, they don't care how it's done as long as they can make money from it -- and that's a concern for the clubs, who are the winners and losers in this?

And how do you think players with drug habits will go living in 24/7 quarantine?

Yes, Vic players will agree to play.

AFL don't control QLD / WA State Government.

Who gives a shit about players with a drug habit.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:05 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
... do you think Vic players with families will agree to living in a Qld detention centre for at least 3 months? ...

It won't be a detention centre. It'll be a luxury hotel resort. They'll be less restricted than they are right now.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:19 pm

mattdally wrote:
Unfortunately the dictator running Victoria won't let it happen. He is worse than corona that bloke. Other states are sensible and starting to ease their restrictions yet in Vic we're not adjusting.

It's a disgrace.

I don't think it's a Disgrace though I agree he might be going a bit over the Top but this might be the Time to do that with the Uncertainty what this Pandemic/Virus will do

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:47 pm

K wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
... do you think Vic players with families will agree to living in a Qld detention centre for at least 3 months? ...

It won't be a detention centre. It'll be a luxury hotel resort. They'll be less restricted than they are right now.

It’ll be a golf resort or two.

Again, watch this space.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:08 pm

I reckon HUB be a Fail because you won't get some players will Refuse to go because of not allowed Family to be with them
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:20 pm

That’s fine Dave, they don’t have to play and it’s understandable they want to stay home...But I can assure you they won’t be getting paid during that time.

They are employees of the Collingwood football club (or any other club) and if they chose not to work, I doubt they’ll be paid.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:26 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I reckon HUB be a Fail because you won't get some players will Refuse to go because of not allowed Family to be with them

yeah nah.

Those who refuse to be with the team won't be with the team for long. If the leadership group say yes, no one wanting to stay at the Club will refuse.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:38 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
It’ll be a golf resort or two.

Again, watch this space.

Sounds nice. I wouldn't mind being quarantined in a golf resort.

burnsy17 wrote:
That’s fine Dave, they don’t have to play and it’s understandable they want to stay home...But I can assure you they won’t be getting paid during that time. ...

Yeah, you'd hope refusers are treated with understanding. But it just means the team will come from the rest of the list. Hope other clubs' refusers are more important players than ours. Wink
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:40 pm

Victoria is waiting to see what happens in other states.

Let them take the plunge first.
If it works and numbers stay low, Vic can follow.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:48 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

yeah nah.

Those who refuse to be with the team won't be with the team for long. If the leadership group say yes, no one wanting to stay at the Club will refuse.

That'd be a solid case for unfair dismissal. And let's promote a culture of bullying and peer pressure -- that worked in the past, didn't it?
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:57 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

yeah nah.

That'd be a solid case for unfair dismissal. And let's promote a culture of bullying and peer pressure -- that worked in the past, didn't it?

Lol.... just let a player rot in the 2s and/or get traded....no unfair dismissal.

Football is all about one in, all in. If the leadership group say yes, everyone commits.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:23 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

yeah nah.

I was thinking same thing.

That is not fair to let a Player go because he wants to stay at Home with his Family.

The main Player I am thinking of is Treloar as he just had his 1st Daughter in last month or 2

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:23 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

yeah nah.

Lol.... just let a player rot in the 2s and/or get traded....no unfair dismissal.

Football is all about one in, all in. If the leadership group say yes, everyone commits.

The club would have a Terrible Look to do that

K 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:49 pm

Baum:

AFL planning hubs - or are they cages?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-planning-hubs-or-are-they-cages-20200427-p54nnw.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: