Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hubs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I have no interest in this hubs crap, its utterly inane. Rolling Eyes

Whatever Piesnchess.... it's your prerogative as to how and when you watch and support your team Wink
Your view does not dampen my enthusiasm in looking forward to seeing the Pies playing again, in whatever capacity.

Playing to empty "stadiums" in some god forsaken shit hole, some isolated hub or whatever the hell they call it, is not real football. Not in my book. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:39 pm

Yes, it is. Provided we don't lose to Carlton, it will be good.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:29 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Whatever Piesnchess.... it's your prerogative as to how and when you watch and support your team Wink
Your view does not dampen my enthusiasm in looking forward to seeing the Pies playing again, in whatever capacity.

Playing to empty "stadiums" in some god forsaken shit hole, some isolated hub or whatever the hell they call it, is not real football. Not in my book. Confused

Love it!

Reading this, I surmise that PnC is a footy purest. Has lived and breathed football in the 1970s and 1980s. At least 45 years old, more likely 50+

PP. An AFL supporter. Football is synonymous with salary caps and draft. Likely under 40 years old, more likely in his 30's.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:51 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

PP. An AFL supporter. Football is synonymous with salary caps and draft. Likely under 40 years old, more likely in his 30's.

Laughing Laughing I wish What'sinaname!!
I have been obsessed with following the Pies (and footy in general) for 52 years, after moving to Victoria from country SA with the family as a 15 year-old. Wink Laughing
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:08 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Laughing Laughing I wish What'sinaname!!
I have been obsessed with following the Pies (and footy in general) for 52 years, after moving to Victoria from country SA with the family as a 15 year-old. Wink Laughing

If you ignore the 15 years you lived in SA (as you should as living in SA isn't really living), then you are really 37 years old.

GO PIES!!!!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:24 pm

^ I think PP is indicating an age of 67 (including the 15 "lost" years).
mattdally 

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:20 am

if we move from 15 to 16 (after 2 failed attempts) then I don't care if others diss it. We will be equal on top of the perch Smile
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:08 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ I think PP is indicating an age of 67 (including the 15 "lost" years).

Laughing I tried to be just a little obtuse, but you worked it out correctly Pies4shaw.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 5:51 pm

"Federal sports minister Richard Colbeck says the AFL season will be able to resume without quarantine hubs if Covid-19 cases continue to decline. There is growing optimism that the 2020 competition – which was put on hold in March after just one round – could resume by the end of June"

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/04/afl-almost-past-controversial-hub-idea-as-covid-19-cases-decline-says-sport-minister

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:28 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Love it!

Reading this, I surmise that PnC is a footy purest. Has lived and breathed football in the 1970s and 1980s. At least 45 years old, more likely 50+

Laughing Peggee me in one mate, yes, many a Sat arvo at ol Vic Park circa 1970s and 1980s, mainly, scoreboard end, sardines squash, mud, slush, cold pies, warm beer cans, duffle coat, desert boots, long hair, tight ass jeans, cowboy boots, bodyshirt, thought my shit did not stink. lol, and the crowd was fantastic, in three seasons we lost two games there, a fortress, grand footy memories. Razz

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:59 am

What'sinaname wrote:

It would be hard to have lived and breathed footy in the 70s if you were only 45

45-50+ probably describes the majority of Nick's I'm guessing

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:05 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Love it!

I've seen PNC talk about his memories of the 1950s.

So he would be in his 60s or 70s if I had to guess.

K 

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:41 pm

AFL needs hubs to resume comp: WA premier

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-needs-hubs-to-resume-comp-wa-premier-20200506-p54qej.html
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:30 pm

^ If the mountain won't come to Mohammed...
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:24 pm

Jezza wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Love it!

I've seen PNC talk about his memories of the 1950s.

So he would be in his 60s or 70s if I had to guess.

Yeh, wrong side of sixty, lol, but i dont act my age, i think young and still dress kinda cool, still have longish hair. ! I really dont recall much of the 1950s, didnt go to the footy then at all. My first footy game was swans v carlton, at old sth melb footy ground, with a school mate, whose uncle was max papley, whose grandson now plays for the swans. that was in 1964, my first Pies game was at Moorabbin, 1965, when we lost narrow to the saints, i lived in Highett then so near the ground. First Pies game at Vic Park would have been 1966, the day Peter mc kenna kicked twelve goals against Hawthorn, he became a star that day . Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: