Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Restart. Pre Match. Pies v. Tigers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 3:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone went to Training this Morning?
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 4:14 pm

I don't think anyone would have been allowed, or at least not very close.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 4:48 pm

I would have liked to see us play a few days earlier and meet the Dees on the QBH. Surely that could have been arranged?

We've lost all of the marquee games and could have saved one. But I guess with no crowds and things the way they are, the season is upside down anyway. Who wants to remember a marquee game like that?

And I guess the Pies Vs Tiges is more appealing to the TV viewer.

punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Anyone went to Training this Morning?

There is a post on the Side by Side Collingwood Facebook group.
Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here. A member Neil Cannan went and wrote up a bit of a report.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:16 pm

As long as its attributed to the author, you can re-post it here.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:18 pm

Hope so. I could not find it on FB
The Life of Pie 

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:18 pm

I watched about 20 mins of training.
I only saw the backs in groups of ten or so doing circle work
and some running. Low key, looked a bit rusty.
However I did see Treloar walking to his car, limping, holding a bag of ice and understandably a bit grumpy.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 10:42 am

I hope its not true regarding treloar what we don't need is a new wave of injuries we have waited this long now trainings back
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:41 pm

Whatever Dimma Hardwck is smokin id sure like some, HIs idiotic claim that if his tigers win the years flag it will be the greatest premiership flag of all time. What, a Premiership won at an empty huge stadium the MCG, with NO fans, no 100 000 screaming crowd, no yelling,no barracking, nothing, no atmosphere, the culmination of a truly mickey mouse football sesaon ? A flag won in silence is not a real Premiership, a Grand Final minus 100 000 footy fans is not real, no way Jose, i thought he had more nous than parrot this crap. Of course Carey and that flog Darcy agreed with him as both work for Fox and channel 7, all they care for is the bloody Television and ads rights, not the fans.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:48 pm

What a load of cobblers. Greatest ever

Typical media and associated brown nosing mates grandstanding for notoriety

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:36 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Whatever Dimma Hardwck is smokin id sure like some, HIs idiotic claim that if his tigers win the years flag it will be the greatest premiership flag of all time. What, a Premiership won at an empty huge stadium the MCG, with NO fans, no 100 000 screaming crowd, no yelling,no barracking, nothing, no atmosphere, the culmination of a truly mickey mouse football sesaon ? A flag won in silence is not a real Premiership, a Grand Final minus 100 000 footy fans is not real, no way Jose, i thought he had more nous than parrot this crap. Of course Carey and that flog Darcy agreed with him as both work for Fox and channel 7, all they care for is the bloody Television and ads rights, not the fans.

You really are having a hard time adjusting to the prospect of footy without crowds, aren't you Piesnchess. Wink Smile

The context around what Dimma said was that given the enormous trials and tribulations that players, coaches and footy departments have already gone through and will have to navigate to win the GF (if it happens), means that it will be the toughest premiership to win, probably ever.

For the winning team, it will be the greatest triumph of will, focus, determination, motivation, physical and mental grit imaginable. Usually, the only factor the winning team has had to ensure was to be better than other teams, but this season they will have had to have beaten the multitude of ramifications of the Covid pandemic as well, including no live match day encouragement from their supporters. That's a pretty incredible feat in my book. Wink
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 1:14 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

You really are having a hard time adjusting to the prospect of footy without crowds, aren't you Piesnchess. Wink Smile

The context around what Dimma said was that given the enormous trials and tribulations that players, coaches and footy departments have already gone through and will have to navigate to win the GF (if it happens), means that it will be the toughest premiership to win, probably ever.

For the winning team, it will be the greatest triumph of will, focus, determination, motivation, physical and mental grit imaginable. Usually, the only factor the winning team has had to ensure was to be better than other teams, but this season they will have had to have beaten the multitude of ramifications of the Covid pandemic as well, including no live match day encouragement from their supporters. That's a pretty incredible feat in my book. Wink

Some of that is true, but sorry, ol chap, a Premiership won inside a massive empty stadium is NOT a true flag, many GFs have been decided by the roar of the crowd,make no mistake about that, 100 000 fans screaming their heads off is what REAL FOOTY AND GRAND FINALS is all about, this is not real, this is television rights bullshit, fans are the game, the soul of the game more than ever, grand finals, this years "Flag " will be forever tarnished, called the virus Premiership. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:46 am

At the end of the day, this year's flag is not as tainted as you may think. Every team will have faced the same hurdles and played under the same conditions. Only one will triumph against adversity.

To me the only difference is that this year's flag may not be awarded to the most skillful or best coached team, it may go to the team that has collectively managed their way through COVID19 the best.

K 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:18 am

Bucks5 wrote:
To me the only difference is that this year's flag may not be awarded to the most skillful or best coached team, ...

Shocked Shocked
How is that a difference?

The premiership race has been unfair for the past 35 years, if not more. Why do people think this is any worse?

Piesnchess wrote:
..., a Premiership won inside a massive empty stadium is NOT a true flag, many GFs have been decided by the roar of the crowd,make no mistake about that, 100 000 fans screaming their heads off is what REAL FOOTY AND GRAND FINALS is all about, this is not real, ...

That is really an extreme view. We lose GFs because of that stupid GF crowd. There weren't 100 000 GF crowds before the 1930s.

In the war years, the GF crowds were (in backwards order) 62986 (you think Carlton cares??), 43000, 42100 (you think Richmond cares??), 49000 (you think Essendon cares??).

Our 1927 flag was won in front of only 34551.
Our 1917 flag was won in front of only 28512.
Yes, those flags are real to me. Exclamation Exclamation
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:37 am

A season of empty stadiums can only help us. No building tension and pressure from the crowd, no umpires getting off screwing Collingwood fans in the flesh. Just pure footy. Round 1 gave us a small glimpse.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12   

Jump to: