Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Restart. Pre Match. Pies v. Tigers. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

robevpau1 wrote:
Interesting takeaway from today's Vic Government’s easing of restrictions... Could we see crowds at #AFL games sooner than we think?!! (From June 22, indoor cinemas, concert venues, theatres, arenas and stadiums will be able to reopen and host up to 50 seated patrons.)

Heard that NRL are hoping to get crowds back by 1st July surely not though?

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:48 am

watt price tully wrote:
Yeah right, we can go back to Tuesday and Thursday training, players working full time, pie nights, cigarette advertising, no night games, Saturday 2:10 games, smoking at the footy and everywhere else.
Yes siree the olden days were always better. BTW what was the depression like? 😉😜

Yep, those are absolutely the only 2 options, there is no middle ground or compromise in between them :rollseyes:

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:27 pm

Confirmed- we play Richmond Thurs June 11.
Is there anyway the Club or cheer squad could deck as much of the Ponsford in black and white? I liked the footy jumpers on the seats behind the goals, but let’s go big! Banners? Signs?
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:47 pm
Post subject: 17 days to June 11Reply with quote

Round 2 within sight, it'll be manic, what a game to recommence the season. Pity we won't have a pro-Collingwood crowd given we'll be wearing the black shorts.

Looking forward to seeing Darcy Moore take on Tom Lynch, will be an absolute corker. Last time Moore was out injured and Lynch and Riewoldt pretty much did what they wanted.

On reflection the night didn't bode well from the start given our already injury hit list, further compounded by losing Taylor Adams before the match and Jordan Roughead to a second-quarter concussion. Added to that suspended Jaidyn Stephenson was unavailable for selection.
It was a dirty night all round, the Tigers were too quick for us in terms of both ball movement and leg speed.

Safe to say we'll have a very different looking side come Round 2 (still sounds strange discussing that in May). We'll have near on a full list to choose from. Reckon training might be a bit more physical than usual in a bid to claim a start.

All going well on the training track (Treloar omitted from earlier side) and importantly match-up's, I reckon the following ~

B: Jeremy Howe, Jordan Roughead, Trent Bianco
HB: Jack Crisp, Darcy Moore, Brayden Maynard
C: Tom Phillips, Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom
HF: JDG, Brody Mihocek, WHE
F: Jaidyn Stephenson, Mason Cox, Jamie Elliott
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Tyler Brown, Taylor Adams

I/C: Nick Daicos, Chris Mayne, Callum Brown, Josh Thomas

EMG: Travis Varcoe, John Noble, Matt Scharenburg

Nankervis / Soldo will get smashed all over the ground by Grundy. Interseting to see if they play both on a rotation.

I can't see their backs holding out that forward line. If we get first use out of the middle, it'll give the Tigers plenty of headaches. True speed in Stepho and Elliott coupled with JDG's one on one strength and speed on the lead. With what Cox doesn't take in marking contests will present plenty of ground ball opportunities for the likes of Sidey, Cal Brown, Elliott, Thomas.

B: N. Broad, D. Grimes, D. Astbury
HB: J. Short, N. Vlaustin, L. Baker

Dusty will do what Dusty does. You don't beat Richmond though by beating Dusty, you beat Richmond by breaking down their system. They like precision football so it's imperative to have a balance of smart footballers in key match-ups.

I'd like us to debut Bianco. A natural footballer, his footskills on either side are as good as anyone in the side and he's able to defend. Good option as the small rebound defender. Clean ball use / rebound out of then back 50 is just what we need.
Might he be a smokey for kick-ins down the line. Oh how I miss Leon' s kick in skills, was as good as I've seen.
That back 6 is starting to look as good as 2011.

While I'd like to see Tyler Brown play on a wing as opposed to Phillips, with the added weight to his frame I'd start him on the ball. We have something special here.
If we get found wanting in the middle rotate either Crisp or JDG through the middle.

Marlion Pickett? I'd like to see Jack Crisp run with him. The speed factor might be an issue for Maynard.
Looks like BHouli won't get up from a lingering calf niggle.

This is a very strong Collingwood starting list. Just like the Prelim, break the Tiges open with manic tackling, the pressure will expose them again. While I expect the skills to be a bit off from what we'd normally expect from the same time this year, I reckon we can do a number on the Tiges, kick straight, Pies by 7 goals.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:56 pm

^ Let's hope so!
Nothing would please me more...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:22 pm

From memory, i think our last three wins over the Punt rd ferals has been by an average of seven goals, or bit more. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:10 pm

Last two wins.

Round 2 2019 = 44 points (7 goals, 2 behinds)
Preliminary Final 2018 = 39 points (6 goals, 3 behinds)

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:53 am

Is Brayden Sier still on our list he always isn't selected he will make a great on baller and someone we need in this area. Also whats the chance of picking Lynden Dunn for round 2 I think hes worth a pick. Like to see Sier play in for Treloar.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:46 pm

He was selected every game after his debut in 2018 and played in the GF.
2019 he was injured.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:22 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Yeah right, we can go back to Tuesday and Thursday training, players working full time, pie nights, cigarette advertising, no night games, Saturday 2:10 games, smoking at the footy and everywhere else.
Yes siree the olden days were always better. BTW what was the depression like? 😉😜

Yep, those are absolutely the only 2 options, there is no middle ground or compromise in between them :rollseyes:

Never said they were the only two options. However whenever I see people hark back to the past they invariably cherry pick & forget the context in which it occurs. Too many older people have a romantacised view of the past including about football: that was my point.

E 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:52 am

Piesnchess wrote:
A so called "Blockbuster" game with NO crowds,no fans, no noise,no cheers, no jeers, no atmosphere, no roaring, no barracking, nothing but crickets chiping, a total joke of a "season" Not interested.

agree. its amazing how important our own cheering is to making our great game what it is.

E 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:55 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
90 nice wrote:
Is Brayden Sier still on our list he always isn't selected he will make a great on baller and someone we need in this area. Also whats the chance of picking Lynden Dunn for round 2 I think hes worth a pick. Like to see Sier play in for Treloar.

He was selected every game after his debut in 2018 and played in the GF.
2019 he was injured.

her also cost us the grand final because he wasnt fit enough and so we were a man down on rotations and on the field when he was on it. Still remember in the third watching him literally stand by the bench waiting for his turn to come off because he couldn't run..... i suspect after that game, Buckley told him that no matter how good he is, if he cant run out a game, he cant play AFL...

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:32 am

Doesn’t change the facts of my post though.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:45 am

E wrote:

he also cost us the grand final because he wasnt fit enough and so we were a man down on rotations and on the field when he was on it. Still remember in the third watching him literally stand by the bench waiting for his turn to come off

I think he was waiting for a Phil Inn to take his place Razz Cool Laughing

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:21 pm

I hear the NBL teams in the States are watching him closely Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12   

Jump to: