Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

worst meal ever

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:31 pm
Post subject: worst meal everReply with quote

Given the variety of cooking ability here, can someone design a meal that no one would eat?

We all have things we refuse to eat, but other people will.

Brussel Sprouts, Oysters, Offal etc.

The trick is, pick a combination of actual foods that people eat, you can't throw in horrible shit that no one would eat or stuff that isn't food, and create a dish that you reckon no one would eat.

The trick then is if anyone reckons they would actually eat it

My offering up front would be sauteed Carolina Reaper Chillis, with Lambs brains, oysters and brussel sprouts. The odds of finding an extreme chilli head who could eat the other ingredients is very low but I'd be very amused watching someone try.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s easy for me, everything I cook apparently!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:32 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Aw c'mon, just cos hubby thinks you can't cook, surely the girls and their friends have given some positive feedback?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Aw c'mon, just cos hubby thinks you can't cook, surely the girls and their friends have given some positive feedback?

hes just a control freak, has to tell everyone how to do everything, i bought an apron that says 'your opinion is not part of the recipe!!

i used to make more effort, but its not something i ever really enjoyed doing, and when the feedback is the same from baked beans to a three course meal, well ill save my time for the things i like to do! hes changed his attitude though, i guess he got sick of baked beans!! actually i never cooked baked beans, he just used to coat everything in satay sauce, like before he even tasted it, so one day i dished up a mound of satay sauce. he got the message!! as for the kids, dad has cooked a few times, so have they, so yes they really appreciate my cooking!!!!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:53 pm
Post subject: Re: worst meal everReply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Given the variety of cooking ability here, can someone design a meal that no one would eat?

The trick is, pick a combination of actual foods that people eat, you can't throw in horrible shit that no one would eat or stuff that isn't food, and create a dish that you reckon no one would eat.

My offering up front would be sauteed Carolina Reaper Chillis, with Lambs brains, oysters and brussel sprouts. The odds of finding an extreme chilli head who could eat the other ingredients is very low but I'd be very amused watching someone try.

Being born in Sri Lanka, I had chilli while I was in the foetus!! So I can (and do) regularly handle 10/10 chilli sauces. In the past, I have won many chilli eating contests. The hottest ones I have ever had were the inferno (firey red habanero extra hot sauce), the explosive (firey orange habanero extra hot sauce), the blazing saddles (cajun hot sauce) and the knockout (sriracha green hot sauce).

If food options were extremely limited, I'd eat lambs brains and brussel sprouts.
However unless I'm totally starving, I wouldn't eat oysters.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:14 pm

Anything with Coriander.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:23 pm

Powdered or just fresh?
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:50 pm

There ain't no difference to my taste buds
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:17 pm

luvdids wrote:
Anything with Coriander.

You either like it or you don't. I don't love it but use it and eat it in a number of dishes, so doesn't meet the criteria as a dish no one could eat.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:21 pm
Post subject: Re: worst meal everReply with quote

Lazza wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Being born in Sri Lanka, I had chilli while I was in the foetus!! So I can (and do) regularly handle 10/10 chilli sauces. In the past, I have won many chilli eating contests. The hottest ones I have ever had were the inferno (firey red habanero extra hot sauce), the explosive (firey orange habanero extra hot sauce), the blazing saddles (cajun hot sauce) and the knockout (sriracha green hot sauce).

If food options were extremely limited, I'd eat lambs brains and brussel sprouts.
However unless I'm totally starving, I wouldn't eat oysters.

I can tolerate hotter stuff than I enjoy eating, so I've dialled it back a fair bit.

Tabasco habenero is just nice on eggs, Franks Red Hot a useful all rounder for just a touch of kick. Bunsters Shit The Bed is a damn good blend of heat and flavour.

So given you could probably eat my dish, what would you make that you reckon no one would eat?

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 7:39 pm

How appealing does a serving of Wuhan bat stew sound at the moment? Perhaps some dog meat from the wet market to go with it.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 7:53 pm

^

I'd give it a miss, thanks but clearly there are people who would eat that, because they have and do.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:30 pm

stui magpie wrote:
luvdids wrote:
Anything with Coriander.

You either like it or you don't. I don't love it but use it and eat it in a number of dishes, so doesn't meet the criteria as a dish no one could eat.

Well sorree. IMO the whole thing doesn’t make sense. There’s a bloke at my work who will eat absolutely anything. Eyes, brains, balls, offal, chilli (the hotter the better).Is there really any dish that meets the criteria? Unlikely.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:33 am

There probably isn't, but the idea was to do something less serious
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:24 am

I don’t do offal. Although that Bunnings sausage is debatable.
I also can’t do heads. Let me clarify... prawn or fish heads, beef cheeks, jowls etc. if it’s from the face, on the plate it has no place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: