Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A question...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
derkd 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:52 pm
Post subject: A question...Reply with quote

As it stands right now, we would have pick.2 at the 2021 Draft... we traded that to GWS for picks to land Nick Diacos.

If Collingwood had held onto the future first round and traded it at the end of 2021 it would surely have netted up far more then we got for it? Correct?

As many of us called post 2020...we were never going to be in the hunt for glory in 2021. Ok, yes...even i didn't see us falling away as badly as we have.

I think the move to trade away the pick early was a gamble that is turning into a disaster....just another in a long list for this club in the last few years.

I am not saying it would have been gold mine...but surely it would have got us the points for Diacos and a late first round or early second round pick.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many questionable decisions made during the last two trade/draft periods.
This is just one.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:55 pm

Working on the scenario of us having indicative pick 2 at the end of this season, I would be confident our pick would be worth more now than what our first round value was deemed to be 12 months ago. However, that doesn’t automatically translate to it being the wrong decision. Evaluating the decision will take a few years to play out as those players careers unfold.

As another alternative, If we did trade that number 2 pick away during the upcoming 2021 trade period, then we would both wipe off Daicos points value and secure something like another late ( ? ) second round pick ( or ready made player if preferred ) at our disposal. I imagine they would likely trade that number two pick out as opposed to keeping it on the night anyway.
E 

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:08 am

Pies2016 wrote:
Working on the scenario of us having indicative pick 2 at the end of this season, I would be confident our pick would be worth more now than what our first round value was deemed to be 12 months ago. However, that doesn’t automatically translate to it being the wrong decision. Evaluating the decision will take a few years to play out as those players careers unfold.

As another alternative, If we did trade that number 2 pick away during the upcoming 2021 trade period, then we would both wipe off Daicos points value and secure something like another late ( ? ) second round pick ( or ready made player if preferred ) at our disposal. I imagine they would likely trade that number two pick out as opposed to keeping it on the night anyway.

pretty sure that was his point?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: