Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off? Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
Walking down Watton Road in Werribee today and some drugged up looking no hoper randomly calls me a Dumb C*** and gave me a filthy look. He wasnt watching where he was going and had to walk around us.

I was with a friend who just laughed it off.

You've gotta wonder how people get this way.
watch you don’t get stabbed, I avoid the area (werribee, hoppers) as much as possible. The only blood bank with in cooee is near watton street, next time I’m going to wait for the Willi days or go to moonee ponds!
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:37 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Some people.

I tend to avoid the shops in December, especially as it gets closer to Christmas.

I was packing my car and got beeped to hurry up by someone wanting the spot. Putting baby in car, putting stroller in car, putting purchased stuff in car (groceries, etc) and then backing out.

This person caused havoc as no one could get passed and they put the pressure on me to hurry up, but geez man, I'm putting a baby in the car. Horns were going off. I was in a pram only spot. They spotted my walking to my car, so I hadnt even began to start packing when they started waiting. Must have been around a minute in when they honked.

I looked into it, apparently you can park in those spots even if you dont have a stroller.

I was tempted to take out baby and go back into the shops. Anyway, just thought it was uncalled for, especially from someone that didnt have a baby with them.

**** em, if someone's waiting for my spot I'm just as likely to take longer!!!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:24 pm

Good Christmas up in Toc, Daughter and Grandson went home Wednesday and Mum and I had some much needed relaxing for a couple of days.

Friday night, was going to go out for dinner, mum thought go Saturday instead, so I phoned and ordered fish and chips from the cafe. Went to pick them up at 7:30, on foot (I'd had a few drinks) leaving mum sitting in the lounge room watching TV. Got back with the food 8 minutes later and she's sitting on the concrete back porch. WTF? 8 fkn minutes.

After I left, she thought that a lemon would go well with the fish and chips so went out to the back yard to pick one, not noticing the 4 fresh lemons in the kitchen right under her nose. Fell A over T onto the back lawn then crawled up onto the porch where she was sitting when I got back.

The back lawn is very soft and spongy, you shouldn't be able to hurt yourself doing a flying leap onto it, but she did. Whole right side sore, can't lift her right shoulder (I think she might have sub-luxed it) and a couple of smaller toes on the left foot are hurting. FMD.

Dosed her up on pain killers, bought her home today. Pretty sure nothing's broken, she can still walk and when laying on her back on the bed she's pain free. So got all the stuff out of the shed I kept from when she busted her hip. Shower chair, bed pole, toilet stand and set everything up for her. Call the GP Tuesday and get her checked over. 8 fkn minutes.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:13 am

Oh poor thing, I hope she’s ok xxxx
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:05 pm

Cheers Jo, she's sore. Took her to the GP this morning, rang them as soon as they opened and got in, then wheeled her across the road for Xrays.

3 broken metatarsals in left foot, everything else "just" bruising.

Pick up a script in the morning for Panadeine Forte and a referal letter to get her a moon boot, but I'm not sure about that. Her left leg is the one she had the hip replacement on 10 years ago and she can barely lift that foot off the ground when she walks. Could be more trouble than it's worth but we'll see.

For the rest, given the decription of where the pain is and how she can't lift her right arm above shoulder height, I reckon she's fallen on the point of her right shoulder, likely subluxed it, and driven her elbow into her ribs. That grass is so soft and spongey you shouldn't be able to hurt yourself on it.

Combination of not being able to lift her arm and needing the walker (which uses both hands) to get around means I'm the waiter. Prepare and deliver the meals and drinks and can't really leave her alone for more than 30 minutes in case she does something dumb.

Ah well, it's only for a week or so.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:50 pm

as long as the moon boots a good fit, they are surprisingly comfortable. shes probbly got smaller feet than me, mine is a left foot one. i spent summer in one in 2020.

dont forget, she taught you to use a spoon!!

your a good egg Stu!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:27 pm

So somewhere between Christmas and new year I must have run over a chinaman who was walking a black cat and carrying a mirror. Had a real run of bad luck. Just little niggling things but annoying.

Firstly the rubber seal at the back of the main dunny in Toc has shit itself, everytime you flush the toilet, water squirts out the back of the seal onto the floor.

Then Mum fell over making me pretty much tied to her hip for 3 weeks

Then my Aunty died.

Then the night before we were to come back to Toc 2 weeks ago I woke up at 4am with a wet bed. Fkn pissing rain outside, gutters full of shit from the gumtree, water got into the ceiling and started running down through the ceiling fan/light over the bed and dripping onto the bed near my feet. It was soaked. At least by the time we went home last week it was dried, but the glass bowl on the fan was full of water so every time I tried to turn the light on it tripped the safety switch. had to put a bucket on the bed, take off the glass cover so the water poured into the bucket, pulled the globe out and left it to drie out for 5 days.

Then the new dunny in the shed shit itself. Flushed it, and whatever is supposed to stop the cistern emptying so it refills, isn’t working so the water just runs constantly from the cistern into the bowl. (turned the water off)

Then I get up to Toc today and the modem has shit itself. Not getting any power. took 45 minutes on the messaging app, repeating myself several times, to get confirmation of what I told them at the start. The modem is fckd and I need to get a replacement.

If bad luck comes in 3's I've just had mine and someone elses dose in a month. Hopefully that's the end of it.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:48 pm

The 2 plumbing issues are easy fixes with about $6 worth of parts required.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:48 pm

Incompetent drivers!
It's like they're rabbits too, the numbers of plebs on the roads seems to double every time I get back to town.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:01 pm

Skids wrote:
The 2 plumbing issues are easy fixes with about $6 worth of parts required.

Yeah, the rubber seal I can buy and fit but I have NFI about the other one.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:36 am

Well Stui, I’m happy if the other 3 were mine!

I lol at the water bed! Wasn’t that your time?!

Hope your mums ok.

Gentle suggestion to call the council to get her an emergency call necklace. So your no5 so stressed if you have to leave her. Cheers!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:46 am

Skids wrote:
Incompetent drivers!
It's like they're rabbits too, the numbers of plebs on the roads seems to double every time I get back to town.

Try going to Brisbane, holy shit, I swear not a single person in this place can drive!!! (Apologies to any Queenslanders in here 😂)

It almost makes me never want to complain about Melbourne drivers again!!!

The only thing worse than Brisbane drivers are their roads, I’m not sure who designed them but they were clearly drunk…
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:56 pm

think positive wrote:
Well Stui, I’m happy if the other 3 were mine!

I lol at the water bed! Wasn’t that your time?!

Hope your mums ok.

Gentle suggestion to call the council to get her an emergency call necklace. So your no5 so stressed if you have to leave her. Cheers!

Cheers Jo. I got her a seniors mobile years ago, it has a panic button on the side, if she pushes that button it sends a pre-written text to your choice of phone numbers and dials 000 and goes on handsfree automatically. I need to replace it soon as it's a 3G model, but I reckon it is a good option. Making her wear the necklace...............my aunty was wearing one in hospital but forgot what it did so it just annoyed her, Mum would feel insulted if I got one for her.

Good news is she's recovering. Has all the balance of a 12 month old taking their first steps, but doing well.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:08 pm

Is it actually possible to wear a new white t-shirt without spilling something on it? Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:41 pm

^

No, that's a universal law. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 44 of 47   

Jump to: