Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
^

Laughing Laughing Laughing Remarkable indeed.

I hadn't been across the kid disappearing and being found, I have no opinion on it but a 72 yr old pom surviving on just fruit and fresh water for more than 24 hours is also pretty special. Razz Wink

you'd just follow the trail of runny shit.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:01 pm

I visited my Grandson today, first time I'd seen him live since May.

He's moved back to live with his mother after being taken out of her care when he was 2-3, so she's dealing with a near 6 year old in lockdown after a couple of years of not seeing him at all, and she's been doing it hard.

I went over, after getting advice that it fitted under the providing care reason to travel. The kid had bugger all outside things and was driving his mum nuts being in the house all the time, so it was a welfare check in and a care package delivery.

I took over a bike, helmet, scooter, couple of footy's, cricket set, clothes and books. Great to see the little bloke and he was so happy to see me, spent some time with him in the backyard, played with the footy, watched him play on the bike and scooter and came home after bit over an hour.

Very complicated situation, I don't want his mum going off the rails again and want to make sure the kid is safe and being cared for properly so I made the call to go, so happy I did.

Every prep/Yr 1 teacher next year has my total sympathy, young kids have missed so much school the first months of school in 2022 is going to be like herding cats.

The kid is happy, healthy and doing well even if his mum is struggling, I feel reassured that things are manageable and will go back if and when I'm needed, hopefully with less grey in the eligibility.

As a side note, I didn't see a single cop and I was on the main roads the whole way, but I did see several absolute dickheads treating the highway like a drag track.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:36 pm

Won a slab of beer from TripleM this arvo. Cool
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:18 pm

Fantastic!

Get them to leave it on your doorstep in a giant tray of Pine-O-Cleen for a couple of days before you touch the box.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:01 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:40 am

stui magpie wrote:
I visited my Grandson today, first time I'd seen him live since May.

He's moved back to live with his mother after being taken out of her care when he was 2-3, so she's dealing with a near 6 year old in lockdown after a couple of years of not seeing him at all, and she's been doing it hard.

I went over, after getting advice that it fitted under the providing care reason to travel. The kid had bugger all outside things and was driving his mum nuts being in the house all the time, so it was a welfare check in and a care package delivery.

I took over a bike, helmet, scooter, couple of footy's, cricket set, clothes and books. Great to see the little bloke and he was so happy to see me, spent some time with him in the backyard, played with the footy, watched him play on the bike and scooter and came home after bit over an hour.

Very complicated situation, I don't want his mum going off the rails again and want to make sure the kid is safe and being cared for properly so I made the call to go, so happy I did.

Every prep/Yr 1 teacher next year has my total sympathy, young kids have missed so much school the first months of school in 2022 is going to be like herding cats.

The kid is happy, healthy and doing well even if his mum is struggling, I feel reassured that things are manageable and will go back if and when I'm needed, hopefully with less grey in the eligibility.

As a side note, I didn't see a single cop and I was on the main roads the whole way, but I did see several absolute dickheads treating the highway like a drag track.

glad hes ok, but how is your son coping? hes been dad for a long time, doesnt seem fair

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:21 am

Son's coping far to well for m liking, he's allowed himself to be convinced it was in the best interests of the kid, which is partly true but more in the best interests of his current partner who couldn't handle the kid and he hated her.

I told him he should have kept the kid and booted the woman but she's got him sucked in.

Never mind, my attention now is to make sure the kid is properly looked after, 1 way or the other.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:52 am

That's a shame to hear, Stui, but good to know you're looking out for him. Hopefully your son will have a moment of clarity soon and they can work out an arrangement where both parents can be involved in some way that works for everyone – I think it's important that the kid grows up feeling wanted by his mother and father.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:58 am

Don't get stressed over things you can't do anything about, focus energy where you can influence.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:16 am

stui magpie wrote:
Son's coping far to well for m liking, he's allowed himself to be convinced it was in the best interests of the kid, which is partly true but more in the best interests of his current partner who couldn't handle the kid and he hated her.

I told him he should have kept the kid and booted the woman but she's got him sucked in.

Never mind, my attention now is to make sure the kid is properly looked after, 1 way or the other.

this

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:50 pm

Look, obviously I agree but I also know my son. He saw first hand the "fun" I had trying to raise him and his sister as a single parent while working full time, He did it for a couple of years but it's clearly not the life he wants.

From his perspective, the kid is where he wants to be (away from his missus and with his mum), he goes to work each day, comes home to dinner on the table, clean house, organised kids (hers) and doesn't need to think hard. Very 1950's. Once Covid restrictions are over I'll work on brokering him seeing the kid more often but just father-son time away from Princess Fiona and the Shreklings.

His sister and my mum are less charitable, they think he's a fkn idiot. I agree with their view of his missus and I want nothing to do with her either but I'm trying to do the balancing act.

I know how the kids mum ticks, I just need to carefully manage that to be supportive and provide gentle advice, I can work with her, my fear is it all gets too hard and she gets back on the gear and I want to do what I can to prevent that.

I feel sorry for all prep/grade 1 teachers in 2022 as they'll be dealing with mainly kids who have zero classroom discipline or etiquette and specially so with Ty. His spirit animal would be a Staffie. He's a handful. Good natured, intelligent, but strong as a bull, impulsive and not great on following direction.

Like I said, deal with the shit I can influence and don't stress about stuff I can't.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:29 am

fair enough, i get where your coming from, i just hope your son doesnt waste too much time settling. shes not worth it, and life is to $£$%^%%$ short, to miss out and to regret.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:37 pm

On my morning walk this morning, spotted an empty Banana Big M carton on the ground. I can't remember when I had one of those last.

So, being Captain Spontaneous, changed course slightly on the way home and went through the BP Express, grabbed a Banana Big M.

Came home, showered and cooked breakfast, 2 eggs, Haloumi, sausage and some sauteed capsicum, mushroom, tomato and spinach, sat out the front to eat and washed it down with the Big M. That's my weeks allowance of sugar right there in one drink but damn it was nice. Very Happy

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:25 pm

Bring back the Egg flip Big M
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:53 pm

They have the Blue Heaven one out now, limited time only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 53 of 100   

Jump to: