Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my many younger sisters got engaged to her long-time boyfriend today! Hopefully she doesn’t take a leaf out of my book and actually follows through sometime in the next ten years. Embarassed
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:12 pm

Good luck to your sister. In regard to you, here's your chance to save money and get a celebrant in a park with 2 witnesses. Wink
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:10 pm

Case of Brick Lane Draught I won on TripleM arrived today. Very not bad, but free beer always tastes better.

Except free craft beer or Westend.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:31 pm

Your now allowed to travel to check out property for sale, so took a drive to the other house, cut the grass and wentyothe appointment, felt so good leaving Melbourne! Rolled my bad ankle o the back step, but feeling no pain watching the dees get their trophy!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:29 pm

Anyone else noticed that people's mood seems to have improved?

When I do my morning walk, I don't wear a mask. I have one in my pocket but I alternate walking with jogging and I stay well clear of people so it's totally unnecessary.

A month ago, people I encountered would avoid eye contact, put head down and plod on whereas now most of them are maskless too and say hello and smile, I do the same back.

Sitting on my front porch, having a drink, watching the world go past, most wearing masks but most of them wearing it on their chin, they spot me sitting there and I get waves and hellos.

What's happening?
Are people feeling spring and optimisim?
Have they finally moved through the grief cycle to acceptance?
Are they just over it and deciding to be positive while staging their own mini rebelion?
Am I the only one noticing this?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:31 pm

ive noticed the cyclists are back to thinking they are in the tour de france, so when i get a decent human that slows down and dings i thank them profusely! the other day we copped a total doucheball and i let rip!! i must have looked angry cos he didnt come back!

i met up with my sister on friday afternoon at princess Pier, the end of my 15klm rope and within hers for her city apartment! it was great, we both needed it! we had a couple of drinks, cakes and fish n chips!! going to make it a regular thing!!

and, ive been waiting but im about to burst! With the new rental laws, ie all pets allowed without permission, smoke alarm annual checks, electrical & gas certfication annually or biannually, a waste water pipe the neighbours tree grows into every second year that is getting worse and worse, plus the fact the tenant we got mid lockdown 1 who said she was a prison guard, but was actually crown security, so yes she lost her job, im just all goodwilled out! With house prices sky high it took me 6 months of nagging to get hubby to agree, but we gave notice, spent 2 days on the garden, me and our painter spent another 2 on the inside, put in a bit of furniture to stage it, and it went live tuesday. 3 bed, 2 bath, but the ensuite has the ugliest tiles ive ever seen, and the kitchen is 35 years old! its an ex display home, has ducted vacuuming and a spa in the bathroom. we have had it 19 years, it owes us nothing, signed the contract last night for $90K more than anticipated!! that alone more than pays the mortgage off! the rest is gravy!! hopefully they pay the deposit by Tuesday!! but im so $Ł$%^%%$ stoked and relieved! I mean i really nagged hard!!

so right now im 2kg lighter and happy as a pig in lockdown shit!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:08 pm

^

Well done you.

I'd recommend taking one of those hiking poles with you when you walk. Jamming it into the front wheel of dickhead cyclists will provide a great result, just let go so you don't wreck your wrist.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:02 pm

Hehe. I am thinking of getting a jacket that says SLOW THE **** DOWN!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:42 am

i am so excited! i have a bunch of lost parcel arriving today apparently! including a kmart one from the sept 10th!!! hey, its the little things!!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:16 pm

Going out and sitting down to a brunch that I didn't cook this morning.

Tiny little girl was running the checkin, half my size and I could hear the catch in her voice when she asked me for proof of vaccination before I was allowed in, so I tried to be as friendly as possible. It's fkn hard to smile wearing a mask, but I said I could show her the cert or do the checkin with my covid cert linked to it. She was happy with either so I checked in and showed her the phone.

Very quick and painless, and yummy.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:16 pm

Had the Son, Daughter and Grandson all over today. Very Happy

Messed up situation, Child Protection has taken the grandson off his mother, again. Back on the gear. Rolling Eyes I found out that 2 days before I went over to take stuff over for her last month, she'd collapsed in the street from a GHB overdose and did the night in hospital.

So while stuff gets worked out, the little bloke is staying with my daughter and her partner. Daughter has had to take time off work to do it, god I love her.

So they came over today, first time mum has seen her great grandson since May. Son came over with a carload of clothes and stuff, he hadn't seen his son for months.

Quite emotional day. My son and daughter hadn't spoken to each other since January, but the family pulls together when stuff needs to get done. They were communicating openly, on the same page, lets all do what's best for the kid. Loved it.

Young bloke will be going into RCH soon for a full assessment. ADD, Trauma, mental and physical wellbeing. He's apparently witnessed drug use and family violence and has been pretty much free range the past few months so he's struggling with taking direction instead of just being able to do what he wants. He was great today though, apart from a few glitches, happy kid being with family.

He'll be going back to his mum over my dead body. Or hers. Apparently 1ml of GHB dripped on the Ice makes the hit last longer. 2ml is probably what knocked her out, 3ml she would have been dead. It's only because she would have a high tolerance level that 2ml didn't kill her, a newbie would be in deep shit at 1ml, so kids, don't do it.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:52 pm

Damn that's full on. Glad to hear you and your daughter are on the ball, and great that your son and daughter are working things out. Sad about the grandson's mother; hope she can get her shit together, but sounds like it's absolutely for the best that he not be with her until she does.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:04 pm

Until she does? better man than me, shes had her chances, kids need stability.
Stu, your daughter sounds like an absolute saint, shes a keeper.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:59 pm

my girlfriend has a unit on the gold coast, she is going up for 4 days just before christmas without her hubby, and invited me!! i just booked, got extra leg room all covered by points!! GIRRRRLTRIP!!!! yippeeeeeeeeee
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:28 am

gawd, have fun. Enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 54 of 100   

Jump to: