Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s pretty £$%$ed up here, didn’t even know we had a creek down the street till yesterday 😂😂😂😂
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:15 pm

Mum is in Mooroopna.
One of my sisters picked her up this afternoon, so she is staying with family in Shepp.

In the 1974 floods water was just under the house.
Expected to go higher this time, hopefully it won’t get in.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:28 am

74 was higher than now in the Murray at least. I can't find data before December 74, but I remember in late 74 the water was at the top of the Levee bank and teams of people were playing sandbags.

The Levee has been raised since then, the level is currently at 6.2m at Toc. The highest it's been since January 75 is 7.4m in October 75, 7.3m in October 2016 and October 1993.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:45 am

Levels expected to go higher than 74 in Shepp and Mooroopna.
Peak sometime today.

Some areas that were farmland or bush in 74 are now housing & built up so that may have an effect on how the water moves through the area.

Mum was cross about not being able to come down to Melbourne for the red headed chicks 21st family gathering tomorrow. She is upset that water may get into the house - she has lived there for 50+ years - but realises everything can be replaced.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:00 am

Just heard back from 2 of my close friends who still live up there.

Both are OK, live closer to the main street in Mooroopna than mum so that part of town is OK so far.

Both are organised, got valuables of the ground, sandbagging and have somewhere to go, worst case. One of my friends hubby has the boat, out ready to go if needed.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:07 pm

Many of those new houses are likely in flood prone areas and flood insurance up there is ridiculously expensive.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:15 pm

Water is rising slower then in 74 but looks like mums house may get water inside as peak expected to be higher than 74.

One of the pubs is already flooded, Royal Mail which is managed by my brother in laws cousin.

One of my friends left her home this morning - with her 2 dogs - to stay with friends in Ardmona, which is a little further away from the flood zone.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:55 pm

Yeah, it's not looking pretty, I was planning on going up to Toc next weekend, going to have to delay that it seems unless I want to go via Albury.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:06 am

Reports of looters in Maribyrnong. Lowlifes.

One of mum neighbours who stayed, is keeping tabs on mums house and other neighbours. He said he has a boat and a gun, just in case.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:22 am

Just got a Txt from one of my friends, her place flooded 2 foot of water throughout. She is now on higher ground in another part of town.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:27 am

Hopefully neither boat nor gun will be required, seems like the river has peaked at Shep below what they were expecting and the worst is behind them. For now.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:35 pm

Good people are amazing in bad times, and bad people even worse in bad times. Shoot em!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:04 pm

Deliberately targeting flooded homes to steal stuff = cnuts act. Shooting is too good for them.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:36 pm

Interesting defence by the alleged rapist of Brittany Higgins.

While I'm inclined to believe Ms Higgins version of events if any doubt had arisen it would to me have been more plausible if he claimed the sexual act was a consensual one between two very drunk people.

So either he's telling the truth or is lying through his teeth and believes that by taking the unusual defence that the sexual act never happened (instead of the usual course of it being consensual) will convince at least a few jurors that it's such a brazen denial that it might well be true and provide reasonable doubt.

Strange logic but some people are strange so perhaps his legal team thought a hail Mary defence was his only chance.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:50 am

That is an unexpected defence. I haven't been following this closely, but last I read a security guard found Higgins lying on a couch naked in the office; why would that be the case if no sexual activity had occurred? And, being Parliament House, wouldn't there be an immense amount of CCTV footage – if not from the office itself, then from surrounding corridors that would confirm precise comings and goings and how long he was in the room with her?

Edit: read further on this and, yeah, wouldn't exactly describe it as a strong defence case:

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/lehrmann-says-it-was-an-innocuous-sort-of-night-20221013-p5bpjx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 49 of 66   

Jump to: