Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

^
I found myself hoping he would try to put the live octopus into his mouth. The TicToc video of his gruesome death would be a lasting legacy as a great community service.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:29 am

Early entry for the Darwin Awards, if she hadn't put it back.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:57 am

Is this where we are headed? How much control is too much?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9971441/Fed-residents-locked-Sydney-tower-block-BOOZE-rations-imposed-cops-Australia.html?fbclid=IwAR1q63bAKN9N2rlRdliV80OHcmbZxLEOpZuCzXhhMziIYau8wzjQaYNPmUE

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:53 am

Certainly seems like an overreach from authorities, to say the least. Unfortunately there’s a bit of a trend emerging of the Andrews and Berejiklian governments putting their differences to one side for the sake of the larger goal of ensuring that people in tower blocks in both states are treated like shit.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:08 am

I can understand it to a degree but don't like it at all.

People locked up in their apartment with access to too much booze are more likely to do something dumb or reckless. I think the alcohol limit is the same as provided in Vic Hotel quarantine.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:43 am

Friends who were in NSW hotel quarantine were allowed one bottle of wine or a six pack of beer per person per day. No spirits allowed.
They placed an order online via Liquorland and it was delivered to their hotel and stored. Each day they would ask for a bottle of red & a white from their supply to be delivered to their room.
As they progressed in period of quarantine, wine o'clock gradually came earlier in the day Very Happy

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:56 am

stui magpie wrote:
I can understand it to a degree but don't like it at all.

People locked up in their apartment with access to too much booze are more likely to do something dumb or reckless. I think the alcohol limit is the same as provided in Vic Hotel quarantine.

Personally, I think I'd be more likely to do something dumb or reckless without it!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:41 pm

^

I'm SURE I would be. Embarassed

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:45 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
Friends who were in NSW hotel quarantine were allowed one bottle of wine or a six pack of beer per person per day. No spirits allowed.
They placed an order online via Liquorland and it was delivered to their hotel and stored. Each day they would ask for a bottle of red & a white from their supply to be delivered to their room.
As they progressed in period of quarantine, wine o'clock gradually came earlier in the day Very Happy

Hotel quarantine is different to being in your own home.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:49 pm

Australians are amateurs.

Currently I live in a dark red zone which means bars are shut. Yet zoos and cinemas are open. Restaurants can now have diners but can not sell alcohol. On October 1 (my birthday) they are introducing a rule that if you have not been vaccinated you can't go in. I have been on a list for 8 weeks for a jab but heard nothing.

&-11s and family marts, supermarkets etc can sell takeaway alcohol. But those places can only sell between 11,00 am and 2 pm and 5 pm and 8 pm (The they must shut to get staff home before 9.00 pm curfew.

For those on highways or within 1 km of a school these rules regarding selling times are permanent fixture. Apparently to stop primary school kids getting pissed. And to stop truck drivers frink driving.

I live about 150 metres from a 7-11. I generally take the dog for a walk around 2 ish.If after I can walk 20 metres past the 7-11 to a fruit and liquor shop and buy a beer anytime between 12.00 and 8 pm. If I go the other direction there is a Mom and Pop shop that sells beer whenever they are open. If I go another way I walk pat 4 shops selling liquor on my circuit, all within 1 km of the school which is opposite the end of my street.

You can drink in a open air bar that is shut provided you socially distance and BYO.

The idiots are everywhere in charge.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:56 pm

^

Laughing Laughing

I need to create a Covid Lockdown Restrictions boardgame. It would have to be an adults version that involved drinking alcohol

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:31 pm

So in response to not being allowed to use their tea rooms, the poor hard-done by construction workers have decided to block a number of main roads/intersections by setting up their tables and chairs on the road and having their morning tea and lunch there. Rolling Eyes

What a pack of petulant fkn sooks. Grow up you wankers

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:48 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So in response to not being allowed to use their tea rooms, the poor hard-done by construction workers have decided to block a number of main roads/intersections by setting up their tables and chairs on the road and having their morning tea and lunch there. Rolling Eyes

Dan should shut down construction for a month...just to spite them
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:11 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Yep.

Instead of sucking it up and getting on with things or coming up with some workable options to using the tea room, they behave like spoilt brats.

Poor things they can't manage to walk to the local park and scurry off out the sight of rain..

"One man told The Age that he expected the protest to continue on Monday because the construction workers had nowhere else to enjoy their breaks without a tearoom.

Flagstaff Gardens is a five-minute walk from the impromptu barbecue location.

Police surrounded the civil, peaceful protest in what appeared to be an effort to stop it expanding and stopping traffic elsewhere.

The luncheon ended shortly before 1pm, at which point the workers packed up their tools and went home because light drizzle had started falling."

https://www.theage.com.au/national/australia-news-live-china-reacts-angrily-to-australia-s-nuclear-submarine-deal-national-cabinet-to-discuss-expansion-of-covid-19-home-quarantine-program-20210917-p58sge.html

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:09 pm

Mate lives in Chelsea opposite the station. They have decided to work on the rebuild 24/7 and the builders offered to put nearby residents in hotels as the noise made sleep impossible. He chose a hotel with the budget allocated just off Acland st in StKilda, He said the area is dead. He messed up the room safe procedure and the owner came in to help him out. He opened and said nothing about the marijuana in there, In precovid times it would a bit of fun as he he good mates with a lot of musos there and goes to the pub when Fred Negro is working behind the jump but instead has a tiny TV and a pretty shoddy room.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 35 of 66   

Jump to: