Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Certainly seems like an overreach from authorities, to say the least. Unfortunately there’s a bit of a trend emerging of the Andrews and Berejiklian governments putting their differences to one side for the sake of the larger goal of ensuring that people in tower blocks in both states are treated like shit.

Police making rules to ban news helicopter.

I can see why the US are so damn protective of their freedom.

Concerning where this is all going.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:16 pm

The ban on live streaming from Helicopters was overturned in court, but I do find both the authoritarian actions of several premiers, not just Dan and Gladys, disturbing and the general acceptance of it more so.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The ban on live streaming from Helicopters was overturned in court, but I do find both the authoritarian actions of several premiers, not just Dan and Gladys, disturbing and the general acceptance of it more so.

Agree. I feel like many Australians undervalue and take their freedoms for granted and prefer "safety" above everything else.

I've become disillusioned as time has gone on with the way we've handled the pandemic.

The premiers are doing what they want because we're letting them. As long as polling suggests high approval of their handing of the pandemic, nothing will change. They're not dictated by science, they're dictated by opinion polling.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:28 pm

It's a bit of a fatal combination, though, when the science and the opinion polls are pointing in the same direction.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:41 am

we are all $£$%^%%$ sick of it, not sure how 3 super spreader events in one week will help the cause?

a friend wrote this on my post where i called out the pricks at the shrine of remembrance in response to a dick who thinks it was ok:
"So the thing I don’t understand, is that these people protesting getting a mandatory vaccine, glorify our veterans and I’m sure they think that they’re fighting for their rights like our veterans did. However a large number of our veterans were conscripted to go to war. They didn’t volunteer themselves and most of them probably didn’t want to go, and probably thought it was an impingement of their freedoms and human rights, but rather then protest about it, they sucked it up and off they went. These muppets are now essentially in the same position as our conscripted veterans, they’re being asked to do something they don’t want to do, for the greater good of their country, and instead of following in the footsteps of our veterans, here they are having the biggest cry about it. And all they’re being asked to do is take a life saving vaccine. They’re not being asked to go abroad and live in treacherous conditions, to fight in a combat that they may not survive. To think they can’t see the irony in this is beyond me. They should be ashamed and embarrassed of their behaviour when they start trying to compare themselves to our veterans.'"

i get where everyone is coming from, however, instead of ranting at the guy trying to keep you safe, (lets face it he is not trying to win an election, he really is trying to, not just save victorians, but to prevent the health system, front line medical staff and emergency services from being completely overwhelmed. ) how about ranting at these $£$%^%%$ dickheads, half of which probably injest a few thousand carcigens on thier smoko breaks every day, let alone what ever other chemicals they get high on, when there are now 3 choices of vaccines. how about telling those flogs the $£$%^%%$ truth! if you had signed in, wore your mask (i dont want to hear it, ask a surgeon doing a 5 hour operation how he copes, day after day) used sanitiser, social distanced, they would not be locked down, more than 50% of sites failed inspection. Do you really think any government wants to be spending taxes keeping people afloat? stop politicising it.

its not about YOU.

i know a couple of nurses who are literally at the end of their tether, who dont know how much more they can take. and yes my sister who is working 14 hour days back to back, to try to prevent the super spreaders, and to stop the rioters, and thats what they are, they are way beyond protesting, from getting further out of control. can you imagine if they backed off? do you want to see burke street looted? for 18 months she has been smashing it, what kind of existence do you think she has right now?

the cop body slamming the guy was terrible, he is being investigated, as he should, how about the broken bones and bruises the cops have received? where is the outrage? do you think thats what they signed up for?

and if you still dont give a ****, how about the women whose car was stomped on, and then they spat in her face? how about any of those motorists on the westgate?

stop $£$%^%%$ whining!

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:20 am

If the media stopped reporting on the protests there would be no point in doing it and they would probably end.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:24 am

Are you quoting Joh Bjelke-Petersen, Bucks5? Shocked
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:24 am

yes the media certainly have a lot to answer for

as usual

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:41 am

"Now, don't you worry about that!"
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:44 am

^

Now do the feeding the chooks.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:59 am

I prefer to remember him this way: https://www.ccc.qld.gov.au/sites/default/files/Docs/Publications/CCC/The-Fitzgerald-Inquiry-Report-1989.pdf
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:37 pm

Could be WTF or could be the PC world going completely mad…

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-23/cricket-changing-batsmen-to-batters-in-language-across-the-game/100484634
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:49 pm

think positive wrote:
yes the media certainly have a lot to answer for

as usual

Yes they do.

The media were bemoaning the death of the John Elliot type of CEO saying that CEO's today are too sanitised.

Yet, can you imagine the field day they would have if a modern CEO acted like Elliot. They would be screaming about the horror....

Pig's Arse!!!!!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:28 pm

eddiesmith wrote:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-23/cricket-changing-batsmen-to-batters-in-language-across-the-game/100484634
You don't think it's a little weird to refer to "star batsman Rachael Haynes"?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:42 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

You don't think it's a little weird to refer to "star batsman Rachael Haynes"?

They can use whatever they like for womens cricket, changing it for all cricket is just stupid.

What next? The test record older is Don Bradperson? Laughing

Has AFL removed the holding the man rule?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 36 of 66   

Jump to: