Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things that make you go.......WTF? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Could be WTF or could be the PC world going completely mad…

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-23/cricket-changing-batsmen-to-batters-in-language-across-the-game/100484634
You don't think it's a little weird to refer to "star batsman Rachael Haynes"?

AFL have abandoned gender terms long ago.

No such thing as a centreman or wingman any more. Just midfielders who play in the centre or on the wings.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:22 pm

OK, so the video on this link is an Advert. I'd say zero chance of guessing what it's for until you see the end.

https://twitter.com/gruber/status/1441457685644279819

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:28 pm

My first guess would have been Campbell's Tomato Soup, and I would not have been able to come up with a second guess. Razz
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 pm

The bloke who retweeted it, John Birmingham, reckoned it was a public health ad, which I could see. Absolutely not what I was expecting.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:46 am

I know people used to call TV the "idiot box", but this American TV interview is something else:

https://mobile.twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1443227385999118347

Note that the guy asking questions is the host of a finance show, so should surely have some basic knowledge of the world beyond the US. And even if it’s a (not particularly funny) joke, why would you waste your guest’s time like this?!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:25 am

These protest marches have officially jumped the shark.

Quote:
Activists hold ‘Small Dong March’ to end shaming of tiny penises
Activists have hit the street in force carrying signs with some crude messages as they seek to put an end to the shaming of small penises.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/sex/activists-hold-small-dong-march-to-end-shaming-of-tiny-penises/news-story/b34b32e02760b176cbe25164ad9cdf51

Fun factoid, what was that oft repeated comment about men compensating?

Quote:
Though men with smaller-than-average appendages may face some shaming, it’s not all bad news.

Last year, an OnlyBuy survey found that the biggest earners tend to have the smallest penises.
Shocked

Any wealthy people here want to out themselves? Razz

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:51 am

"Led by YouTubers" says it all; this is obviously a stunt. In all seriousness, though, it is something that can cause men a lot of shame and self-esteem issues, just as much as any issue affecting female body image, so I think it is an issue that could afford to be treated with a little more sensitivity.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:22 pm

^
Not the reaction I was expecting Confused

Any blokes with a micro penis should take a hint from this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxSeVuzWrGg

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:37 pm

Sorry, that wasn't specifically directed at you, Stui! Just a general observation (around how this is often a topic of mirth/derision, whereas it's a bit passé now in polite circles to make fun of someone's weight etc.)
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:13 pm

Hey, I knew it couldn't be directed at me, I just don't get your angle.

Weight and height are clearly visible and therefore subject to teasing, Dick size is a tad more private. Just because you aren't dangling an iguana in the showers after sport doesn't you aren't packing one once the bloodflow hits, so the only people in position to judge are those who've witnessed the Angry Anderson Action figure in full glory. Razz

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:27 pm

Memo to self, don't leave the workboots on the back porch again.

Went to put them on this morning, pulled the sock out and gave it a shake to get any grass out and a massive Huntsman fell out. Shocked

I normally leave spiders alone but this one nearly gave me a brown pants moment so I introduced it to the heel of the boot while I got my heart rate back below 120

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:10 am

did anyone watch the block?

all over social media is the hate for Ronnie and Georgia and their arrogance, yet 2 sets of cheats prospered and thats ok. i dont get this attitude, i posted this on the facebook page:

I gotta say i really dont get it. Is being arrogant and loud worse than cheating, lying about it continually, and also being snarky and loud? personally i think the best house won hands down. I also like that M&M could acknowledge the changes suggested and followed through re their kitchen/pantry helped their result. I love Ronnie and Georgia, but i didnt love all of their house. the inside was magnificent, but as with last time the facade let them down and thats hard to change. Last time though they had real competition, not half baked shit! Their house looked like a shed! wasnt impressed by the front yard at all, and all the small backyards left me underwhelmed. Being a corner block on a main road is a disadvantage, but i still dont get house 3's result. that house is putrid from front to back! Not to mention the poor workmanship on both houses 3&4. For me the result was 2,5,1,4,3. but it aint my money! As for hating on Georgia, yes you saw her enjoy her wins, and yes backstabbing, but all except the farmer hubby did a shitload of backstabbing. I really enjoyed M&M this season, i didnt like them last time. When the farmers needed help who helped? only R&J and M&M, who also took time to build a kitchen for kids in need. The twins whinged and bitched about everyone from the front of the court to the back, including the judges and the foremen, even though they clearly were out to break as many building regulations as possible! Tanya took that photo, i knew it straight away, makes me wonder if she was truthful about anything! She point blank lied non stop, and only lost 2 points on a room they would not have won anyway. they should have been booted off the show. So pray tell, why is arrogance worse than cheating and lying? and what precedent does it set for the next block?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:46 am

I don't mind people getting invested in these shows and feeling things towards the contestants, but I'd hope before directing abuse on social media they stopped to acknowledge just how much these reality show "characters" are constructed through editing. These are real people who may bear little resemblance in day-to-day life to how they're depicted their series – as would be the case for all of us if only our most intense and volatile moments were collected and broadcast on TV.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:29 pm

That whole photo thing shitted me, the producers clearly used it as a device to create drama and tension, and therefore boost ratings.

It could have and should have been dealt with off camera, but they milked it for all it was worth.

My Mum kept saying about Georgia, how can he (Ronnie) put up with her? Laughing Laughing

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:23 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Memo to self, don't leave the workboots on the back porch again.

Went to put them on this morning, pulled the sock out and gave it a shake to get any grass out and a massive Huntsman fell out. Shocked

I normally leave spiders alone but this one nearly gave me a brown pants moment so I introduced it to the heel of the boot while I got my heart rate back below 120

Haha, try it with a motorcycle helmet... Shocked Inside the bloody visor...not want... Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 37 of 66   

Jump to: