Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies/Tigers draw. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

PyreneesPie wrote:
Millane42 wrote:

it’s a culture of not sealing the deal. Hawks have it cats of last 15 years but not us that’s a fact. 27 losing GFs in total. It sucks it’s hard to swallow we usually come close but don’t have that killer in them to be a great successful club I wish we did

I think you're equating this game with that of others in a "normal" season. It's not and won't be for a while yet.

Exactly PP. this is not a normal season. We have just come out and drawn against the benchmark team in the AFL, after a lockdown of 2 and a half months. I am not sure this has quite registered with many. In other words. our talent pool, our training strategies, our game planning, has equalled that of the reigning Premiers. In other words, in this unprecedented season, our team has
emerged from the lockdown and equalled the performance of the reigning Premiers. We should have won this game, on the balance. But the fact that we did not lose, is a powerful statement, after the Bulldogs game, of what we can unleash.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:48 am

Magpietothemax wrote:

Exactly PP. this is not a normal season. We have just come out and drawn against the benchmark team in the AFL, after a lockdown of 2 and a half months. I am not sure this has quite registered with many. In other words. our talent pool, our training strategies, our game planning, has equalled that of the reigning Premiers. In other words, in this unprecedented season, our team has emerged from the lockdown and equalled the performance of the reigning Premiers. We should have won this game, on the balance. But the fact that we did not lose, is a powerful statement, after the Bulldogs game, of what we can unleash.

The bolded bit above MTTM. All I can say it appears not!!! Very Happy Once again, I agree with all you have said.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:21 am

Happy to escape with the 2 points in the end.

Luckily both teams can point to a reason as to why it was such a lacklustre spectacle.

Like much of last year our defence can take a bow once again.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:24 am

Game ruined by some horrendous umpiring again
But we didn’t lose so that’s a bonus

Upside
No injuries
Didn’t lose
T Brown will be better again for the run
I believe we have there measure
Cameron went ok
That was Langdon’s best game ever for the club

Bring on next week
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:40 am

TassiePie1990 wrote:
Jeremy Howe is an absolute freak, awesome effort.

Very Happy Yep equal best on ground with Pendles!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:52 am

Low scoring game. Players can't kick more than 40 meters. It was good to give the AFLW a primetime fixture.

When does the AFL start?

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:01 am

The score then defend for remaining 3qtrs cost without playing offensively cost us a GF spot last yr

It annoys me we can cream a side then let them control the game

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:17 am

Why do we always stop after getting 4-5 goals? I've seen this countless times with this playing group under Buckley, 2018 GF being the most memorable. Costly misses by Checkers, Phillips and JDG (worst culprit). Umpires were completely one sided and got them back in game, we should have been better and got the win one goal in 3 quarters is not good enough.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:18 am

Jezza wrote:
Lowest scoring match this century.

And if those knobs at brokelads etc had been throwing odds around at the start of the game for this to occur, we'd all be wiping our arses with $50 notes by now. Since 1999; who'da thunked it eh?

Monco Matt wrote:
piedys wrote:
But this was the sort of hitout that was needed coming off such a long break: a bonifide reality check of what we did right, and obviously wrong, against the reigning premier.

Welcome back Dyso! I always enjoy your posts, no bs, right between the eyes with a sprinkle of sarcasm and side-splitting humour on the side.
Tonight was just a waste after a great start. It was another long slow bleed out, so painful to watch..just so painful.

And good to be back sir, and to see you riding shotgun with six-shooter drawn!

masoncox wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Complete garbage. Forget it.

Mate the tigers haven't lost in a year.
It wasn't a bad effort.
Our half forwards need to look at themselves.
Houli killed us....no one seemed to be near him

One of these clowns need to play as a defensive forward on Houli next time, which will be a final.
I'm actually glad he played in this game, as he was touted to miss by the media.
It reminded us we need to shut his run out of defense down.

PyreneesPie wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

PP, you are probably right! After this football team sends me totally insane I'll come over to your house to lie down on your couch for a calming psychiatric session!! Wink

Laughing Laughing I think I could do wonders for you MM.
Wink

Room for two? Killing two birds with one stone here lol!

Actually PP, could make some nice ca$hflow here as the resident shrink...

Raw Hammer wrote:
Our backline is phenomenal. Our forward line will cost us another shot at a flag AGAIN. What the hell do JT, WHE, et al do??? Where are the front and centre players??? Where are the crumbers around the ground?...
Simple matter is, if Stephenson plays, we win. You telling me he’s not going to create something (anything) in this game? Oh well, at least percentage means SFA (other than vs Richmond).

The front and centre set-up at our I50 marking contest needs to be addressed, or current players need to be moved on.

pieboy wrote:
Has a team ever not lead in a match yet drew a match before?

I'm guessing Melbourne vs us QB back in 2010?

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:26 am

When Robbo criticises the goal review and says it should have been a point, not a mark to Higgins, despite Collingwood being on the pointy end of the stick, you know it was definitely a mistake!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:27 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Game ruined by some horrendous umpiring again
But we didn’t lose so that’s a bonus

Upside
No injuries
Didn’t lose
T Brown will be better again for the run
I believe we have there measure
Cameron went ok
That was Langdon’s best game ever for the club

Bring on next week

Despite being beside myself with anger and frustration watching last night, I thought of you when Howe and Maynard fell over in succession to cough up a goal in the second quarter. In particular, I wondered how you would cope with not being able to blame The Future Captain for that one. Wink
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:27 am

piedys wrote:

One of these clowns need to play as a defensive forward on Houli next time, which will be a final.

Yep how often was Houli on his own? I kept yelling "who the f*** is on him!"
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:48 am

Yes, I agree. It was very frustrating to see him in space so often. On the other hand, Houli has turned into a fabulous player after leaving Essendon. The AFL gave Martin Houli’s Norm Smith Medal in 2017. He was frequently on his own last night, partly because he was reading the ball off the marking contest much better than a few of our small forwards (possibly because his team’s tall defenders were bringing the ball down exactly where and as they wanted for most of the night), but, even when players were close to him, his ability to move the ball on creatively before he was closed down was considerable. He’s one of Richmond’s best footballers. I think it’s also fair to say that he looked much more match-fit than his opponents. Normally, I would consider that quite unacceptable but this is a very unusual season. Teams will, for their own reasons, have approached training regimes very differently. Since our team looked to be out of petrol around quarter time, had no competent tall forward on the night and fielded a number of underdone players, I’m not as disappointed as I might have been. No one wins the flag in round 2 (even if it is played when round 12 should happen).
themonk 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:52 am

Last night confirmed 2 things,

1. We can match it with them
2. We need a key forward
magpietragic 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:25 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
When Robbo criticises the goal review and says it should have been a point, not a mark to Higgins, despite Collingwood being on the pointy end of the stick, you know it was definitely a mistake!

It was a point.... how can you make a call when the goal post obscures the ball. The width of the goal post is magnified from that angle. Simple science!!!! The goal umpire called it a point should not have been overturned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12   

Jump to: