Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies/Tigers draw. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Millane42 wrote:

it’s a culture of not sealing the deal. Hawks have it cats of last 15 years but not us that’s a fact. 27 losing GFs in total. It sucks it’s hard to swallow we usually come close but don’t have that killer in them to be a great successful club I wish we did

I think you're equating this game with that of others in a "normal" season. It's not and won't be for a while yet.

Exactly PP. this is not a normal season. We have just come out and drawn against the benchmark team in the AFL, after a lockdown of 2 and a half months. I am not sure this has quite registered with many. In other words. our talent pool, our training strategies, our game planning, has equalled that of the reigning Premiers. In other words, in this unprecedented season, our team has
emerged from the lockdown and equalled the performance of the reigning Premiers. We should have won this game, on the balance. But the fact that we did not lose, is a powerful statement, after the Bulldogs game, of what we can unleash.

The Tigers were in the same boat.

We didn't score a goal since the 7min mark of the 2nd quarter. That's damning whatever way you want to spin it.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:13 am

magpietragic wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
When Robbo criticises the goal review and says it should have been a point, not a mark to Higgins, despite Collingwood being on the pointy end of the stick, you know it was definitely a mistake!

It was a point.... how can you make a call when the goal post obscures the ball. The width of the goal post is magnified from that angle. Simple science!!!! The goal umpire called it a point should not have been overturned.

I said it last year, it's so easy for the goal review to deliberately make the wrong call because they hate a certain team. It's still only one guy, correct?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:15 am

In the cold light of day, that empty feeling... and yet we were not full strength, less so than the tigers, they threw everything at us, the threw instead of handpassing, the umps obviously were playing rules for premiers only, and yet this far Apparently superior Far team who are apparently a shoe in for back to back COULD NOT BEAT US!

Were we great? No the gaps were obvious.

And yet we did not lose

Medieval 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:35 am

Things I noticed from last night's game:

- Maynard has no right foot.
- Phillips has no right foot.
- Cal Brown is happy to wait for a ball to come to him, rather than attack it on the half-volley. He did it twice. The second time could have won us the game.
- Noble wears vaseline gloves.
- Mihocek is as good a forward as we've had in the last 8 years.
- DeGoey needs to do the simple things before trying the extraordinary.
- You are allowed to "pre-tackle" players, provided they take possession of the ball at some point.
- Tom Lynch is a sook and I hate him and always will.
- Dusty is one of the easiest players to stop, except when he's on-on-one in the forward 50. Keep him between the arcs and all he does is bomb it forward. 4 clangers last night.
- Richmond's tackling pressure is relentless.
- Treloar is the most important player to our running game.
- Stevo is a close second. Would have kicked 4 last night if he was playing, the way space opened up in our forward with all players playing within the arcs for most of the night.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:03 pm

I was a little disappointed in T Brown's game.
I reckon he could be a superstar.
The pace of the game seemed to overwhelm him.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:11 pm

One part of me says we should have gone on with it and won easy.
The other says we dodged a bullet as Richmond were coming back they too missed their chances. We didn't have it in our forward 50 at all in that second half. Richmond had heaps of forward 50 but kicked behinds. Well done to jermery Howe kept us in it when the tigers were coming back. I always knew the tigers were going to come back. Collingwood were always felt wanting that settling goal. Memo JDG please take your time and youll start to kick goals.Umps were terrible all night and gifted Richmond 2 easy goals. Richmond can be matched for pace and match ups were good too. We missed Stevo last night and again target up forward was lacking. Draws are hard one to get a real feel on reflection of the game. The game was a game of 2 halfs.
Next match ill omit Thomas and WHE and bring back Stevo and Cox
It was one of Crisps and Maynards more quite nights along with Elliott and Moore.
Brown brothers and Diacos did a fine job early on.
Next match v saints. Pies to win by a resounding 30 points.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:51 pm

Cameron cant stay in the side if he doesn't hit the scoreboard. Was as effective as Cox but failed to give us the 1-2 goals a game that Cox does.

Steve comes in for WHE who looks lost on the footy field these days.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:12 pm

Elliot, T Brown and Thomas all had very quiet games.
WHE and Checker were also beaten.
We can't rely on our Defence to keep winning by a long margin every game otherwise we won't win the flag this year.
Forwards need to step up.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:31 pm

Given that so many players seemed to have played so poorly after managing a draw with the reigning premiers and pre season flag favourites, Johnny Noble has certainly escaped scrutiny compared to some others.
He’s a good kid who has a go but his weaknesses are inherent. Poor in one on one contests and continually fumbles below his knees. Not ideal for a small defender. Good teams will consistently exploit his weaknesses.
I would expect Quaynor to challenge for his position much sooner than later.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:32 pm

SteveH67 wrote:

The Tigers were in the same boat.

We didn't score a goal since the 7min mark of the 2nd quarter. That's damning whatever way you want to spin it.

And the Tigers didn't score a goal at all in the first quarter, then took half a game to kick 17 points, so equally damning for them I'd say.
Both teams can be damned if that's what you're so keen on doing.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:47 pm

Tackle count - I cant beleive this isn't a massive talking point
Clearances - smashed us around the ground and were first to the ball the last three qtrs.
First qtr fade out - far too many players that were elite in the first qtr did nothing after that. Like I mean NOTHING.
Perceived Pressure - Experienced Collingwood players rushed a disposal forcing an error or just not taking advantage of a break when they had time. Degoey shots on goal without looking and he had time.

Backline were outstanding.
Adams, Pendles, Sidey, Daicos..........Thats about it

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:47 pm

Brown should have marked the ball easy in those dying seconds was a good kick from Thomas and was right to him a bit too high and was the right option IMO would have won us the game after the siren. All he had to do was jump up a bit and he would have marked it. Instead he lazy knocked it on and went over the boundry line.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:52 pm

SteveH67 wrote:

For sure. 1 goal in 3 quarters is yet another sign of forward-line problems.

It's not helped when JdG misses so many shots. Mihocek and Phillips also missed easy set shots (and Mihocek had that bad play on too).
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:58 pm

Jezza wrote:
The incompetence of the umpires cost us 4 points.

Higgins' mark should never have been paid.

Mr Miyagi wrote:
magpietragic wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
When Robbo criticises the goal review and says it should have been a point, not a mark to Higgins, despite Collingwood being on the pointy end of the stick, you know it was definitely a mistake!

It was a point.... how can you make a call when the goal post obscures the ball. The width of the goal post is magnified from that angle. Simple science!!!! The goal umpire called it a point should not have been overturned.

I said it last year, it's so easy for the goal review to deliberately make the wrong call because they hate a certain team. It's still only one guy, correct?

It's unbelievable the number of goals Higgins gets gifted by the umpires.

Just like the throw goal two years ago, which weak people make excuses for but was clearly illegal. (The AFL have made lots of noises about "single motion" for other stuff like marks. And thrown "handballs" were specifically outlawed a century ago, so why pretend thrown "kicks" are legal?)
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:07 pm

5 goals each. Pathetic. No one seems to mention the low score in the same way it’s levelled at the AFLW scores.

Bloody hell I’m still disappointed. We should have won.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: