Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:25 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

DT wrote:
I have a different take on the match. Unlike the Preliminary Final we didn’t get bashed up by the Giants. Rather we handed out a lot and reversed momentum in the third quarter when things were going south. It was a significantly better performance against them.

Instead I think it was some individual errors that proved costly. Moore played well but also made two catastrophic turnovers. Maynard struggles hard against Greene and also allowed two goals he could have prevented.

Brown and Mayne missed crucial set shots on the fourth quarter.

Grundy was better than last year and took some telling marks. Agree that he needs to mix up his tap work more.

Daicos was again very good.

We did miss Treloar. Cox was his first game back so will improve.

Mihocek kept at it despite a poor night.

WHE and Elliott were largely absent.

JDG did not do enough.

We can improve a lot. I am not disheartened but the loss of Howe who was in career best form is sad.

Keep up the faith, this year has a long way to go

Thanks for that - beginning to wonder if anyone supported the pies. That ground was deliberately soft. The AFL should be onto that and move games if GWS cannot play fair.
GWS seem to man up well on us and curb our playmakers. With all that grubby contested ball I think Sier would have made a difference.
Anyhow - Stay strong Howie - hope you get well soon. Perhaps we may see Dunn again!

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:36 am

btw - is it just me or is collingwoods fashion people been watching too much startrek? That number Bucks was wearing at the presser would make a Halloween costume if you swapped out a few badges.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:39 am

doriswilgus wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
...and how did Howe not get that holding the man call on the wing/boundary when he was dumped to the ground without the ball just seconds prior to him destroying his knee?
How??? F U C K these umpires, in particular #12. It’s deplorable.

Correct weight: I was yelling out in my lounge room without effect it seems.
Even more important than the result, if the free had been paid, Jeremy would not have suffered such an injury. The game would have taken a different path.

Spot on,That was appalling umPF says hi!piring and it’s probably cost Howe the rest of this season.

What'sinaname wrote:
Sliding door moment

Pay the free, we win the game and go on to be Premiers

Free not paid, Howe has catastrophic injury, lose the game and won’t be premiers.

Right; so I was not the only one this doomsday scenario dawned upon.
Maggot #12; the one that looks like an anaemic mortician with a private schoolboy haircut?
Particularly when they paid one minutes earlier to GWS for an IDENTICAL incedent on the boundary line. Let's call them for what they are: cheating maggot dogs.

For those of you who want to sit through a replay of this putrid maggot umpire infested match again [2019PF says Hi!], you'll notice that GWS game plan evolves solely around scragging Pendles at every since bounce and clearance, and playing Russian Roulette with the cheating maggots, daring them to find the balls [which they don't have] to pay excessive frees against GWS for holding the man. Most of the frees we did actually get, were for holding infringements.

I don't care we lost the game - I care that it cost us Howe.
So minimum 4 changes next week; all the players who bludged their way through this game, while others busted their arses [and knee] to get the pill forward.

And FWIW, I utterly rue the day that useless fat Greek decided, to suit his massive ego, on the inception of this utter shitfest of a club, which the comp needed like a hole in the head.
I absolutely hate GWS more than Carlton, Geebung and Whorethorn combined, such is my loathing for this clustercluck.
And their f#cking sand infested, gopher hole goat track of a playing surface.

Seriously, Footscray didn't deck enough of these kunts last week in the melee.
I don't hate any players more than Mumford, Greene and Finlayson; all of whom need their teeth loosened on a weekly basis.

Seething....
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:41 am

Can Jayden Stephenson play more than a quarter of football?
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:00 am

watt price tully wrote:

Doesn't appear to be so.
MIA ..... most of the time.
Could you imagine what sort of player he would be if he was nearly as consistent as Pendles.
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:13 am

It was a 2 point loss to a GF side. Not THAT bad as some here go on about. Some mistakes and bad kicking for goal (two hit the post) but we had some good players and its so sad that Howe is injured.

We were able to fight back after getting 19 points behind. We can match them and should have won the game.

What to do about sidebottom ? He really disappears with a tag. Others like elliot and hoskin-elliot dont do enough. Daicos the best of the young ones.

Oval looked like a chopped up horse paddock. The divots come up to reveal a sandpit with grass laid over.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:49 pm

Magpies035 wrote:
Same old story from Collingwood. So frustrating. Our small forwards struggled a little. So many inside 50’s but couldn’t score. I keep repeating the same thing. Why haven’t we recruited a key position Forward

Because we keep Trading our 1st Round Picks. Need to stop doing that

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:00 pm

ronrat wrote:
Grundy needs to be less predictable with that dinky 2 handed tap down. It never works . Cox needs to clunk some marks. The ground tonight was hardly AFL standard. More divots than me on a golf course after 20 cans.

1st Time for Awhile I could say I thought Grundy was Poor Last Night

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:13 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Clearly had his struggles after qtr time. Steele couldn’t deal with the tag in first half only touched it 3 times. Why not sent Steele to the goal square for 15 mins and send Jaydn on a wing for the same amount of time (maybe a few cheap touches gets him into the game again) forcing L Cameron to make a decision on what he does with De Boer.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:22 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Pyrenees Pie, Grundy does what the Coach requires. It’s just a stupid thing to require.

and We had not had a Ruck Coach since Grundy's 1st year or 2

Rogue2k0 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:24 pm

shawthing wrote:
Garbage! How can you win when half the team perform like wet lettuces? Gold Coast for the flag this year.

Stevo. First quarter wonder and useless after. Needs a huge kick up the kyber! As does Elliott and De Goey!

Stephenson has kicked 4 Goals in 2 games, De Goey, Elliott and Hoskin-Elliott the big worries for me, who have kicked 6 goals in between them in 4 games.

Stephenson had an interrupted pre-season, needs the game time to improve his stamina, but showed how damaging he can be in such a short time.

Even Mihochek is of some concern, even though he has kicked 7 goals in 4 games, he is getting found out against the better teams/defenders. Kicked ZERO against Richmond and only came into the game when Davis left the ground injured.

I keep saying the team of 2018 played better because players weren't guaranteed games, Buckley tried quite a few players, while mainly due to injury, if a player didn't perform after 2-3 games, they were replaced.

Is it time to look at replacing the likes of Elliott, Hoskin-Elliott, Tyler Brown (who will be a gun), Callum Brown and even De Goey (who has kicked 2.6) in the forward line?

Personally, Elliott and Hoskin-Elliott are the 2 I think are underperforming, Tyler Brown and Callum possibly the next in line? They need to tackle more inside 50 and score.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:26 pm

piedys wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
...and how did Howe not get that holding the man call on the wing/boundary when he was dumped to the ground without the ball just seconds prior to him destroying his knee?
How??? F U C K these umpires, in particular #12. It’s deplorable.

Correct weight: I was yelling out in my lounge room without effect it seems.
Even more important than the result, if the free had been paid, Jeremy would not have suffered such an injury. The game would have taken a different path.

Spot on,That was appalling umPF says hi!piring and it’s probably cost Howe the rest of this season.

What'sinaname wrote:
Sliding door moment

Pay the free, we win the game and go on to be Premiers

Free not paid, Howe has catastrophic injury, lose the game and won’t be premiers.

Right; so I was not the only one this doomsday scenario dawned upon.
Maggot #12; the one that looks like an anaemic mortician with a private schoolboy haircut?
Particularly when they paid one minutes earlier to GWS for an IDENTICAL incedent on the boundary line. Let's call them for what they are: cheating maggot dogs.

For those of you who want to sit through a replay of this putrid maggot umpire infested match again [2019PF says Hi!], you'll notice that GWS game plan evolves solely around scragging Pendles at every since bounce and clearance, and playing Russian Roulette with the cheating maggots, daring them to find the balls [which they don't have] to pay excessive frees against GWS for holding the man. Most of the frees we did actually get, were for holding infringements.

I don't care we lost the game - I care that it cost us Howe.
So minimum 4 changes next week; all the players who bludged their way through this game, while others busted their arses [and knee] to get the pill forward.

And FWIW, I utterly rue the day that useless fat Greek decided, to suit his massive ego, on the inception of this utter shitfest of a club, which the comp needed like a hole in the head.
I absolutely hate GWS more than Carlton, Geebung and Whorethorn combined, such is my loathing for this clustercluck.
And their f#cking sand infested, gopher hole goat track of a playing surface.

Seriously, Footscray didn't deck enough of these kunts last week in the melee.
I don't hate any players more than Mumford, Greene and Finlayson; all of whom need their teeth loosened on a weekly basis.

Seething....

If we’re fair dinkum we’d lodge an enquiry into #12. Clearly a cheat. First half, two obvious frees to ya right in front of him...both times it took the umpire further away to come in and pay us a free. Sick and tired of it. Cost us the game and maybe season with Howes injury. Prick cheat.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:32 pm

^ Good to see you not holding back piedys Smile I agree with your sentiments. Smile

One positive that I found from last night was the continued emergence of young Daics. He gets to the right places and has great skills, especially by foot. He must also have good stamina, as he always seems to get better as the game wears on, regardless of where we are on the scoreboard.
Rogue2k0 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:33 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Reminder: Jayden Stephenson had Glandular Fever pre-season, and ALL players have not really had enough training due to COVID to run out full games, which is why the games have been reduced in length. He has kicked more goals in 2 games than De Goey and Elliott have in 4 Games.
McMonkey 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:37 pm

So, if the Pies don’t win the GF this year, will there be a succession plan put in place for Buckley next year? It’ll be his 10th season, same time the Malthouse plan was set up in his term with the Pies....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14   

Jump to: