Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pipped in thriller. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue2k0 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Can Jayden Stephenson play more than a quarter of football?

Reminder: Jayden Stephenson had Glandular Fever pre-season, and ALL players have not really had enough training due to COVID to run out full games, which is why the games have been reduced in length. He has kicked more goals in 2 games than De Goey and Elliott have in 4 Games.

Ellliot and De Goey have been Useless

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:38 pm

Also, wondering if Coxy has some Irish heritage after that interesting sideways flick of the knee when contesting a centre bounce??????? Can't recall ever seeing something quite like that Smile
Rogue2k0 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:42 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Cam wrote:
Two point loss in slippery conditions, away from home, on a sh!tpile of Sydney ground that looked chopped up like the aftermath of a Kalkee vs Rupanyup game.

Ok, allows Langers to come back and play the Howe sweeper role. That will work.

Getting games into Daicos and the Browns, who will get better, ditto.

Stevo will learn a lesson from tonight.

People bagging Noble, seriously, this time last year the guy had just joined us from SA. This season has been covid'd and he wasn't close to our worst. He shows poise, dash and good kicking. The kind of bottom six player than can win you a flag.

More influential game from Crisp, who can also help cover for Howe, possibly inject Quaynor to help there as well. It's easier staffing back roles when you have Moore and Roughhead, Maynard, to build around than find reliable avenues to goal.

Cox will get better, possibly shouldn't have played on a slippery night as they have always led to people calling for his head in the past, but he will get better. Goal was clutch, nevertheless.

Billy struggling to get involved. Ditto WHE. Mayne did serviceable job on Whitfield, but shocking miss for a veteran. Steele did some handy things in the second half getting away from De Boer, Pendles stood up (but could have done with that goal), Grundy too. Moore.

JDG, I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

Look, tough loss, but take out the emotion and we can still grow out of it. Howe is a big hit, but remember 2018 anyone? However lose next week and I won't be so upbeat I guarantee you.

Well said, agree with all points u make, unlike the morbid nellies on here, who cant hack a lousy two point loss agaisnt a GF team on their own ground, in sydney. We would have won but for Maynards balls up and some poor goal kicking, we actually beat ourselves really. Learn for our defeats yes, and next week get redemption against the Dons. Smile

I agree 2 Turnovers by Maynard and 1 to Moore costly, as well as Brown not able to kick 35m and our set shots deplorable. 1 goal 5 in the last quarter to 2 goals - we definitely lost the game.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:53 pm

McMonkey wrote:
So, if the Pies don’t win the GF this year, will there be a succession plan put in place for Buckley next year? It’ll be his 10th season, same time the Malthouse plan was set up in his term with the Pies....

I mentioned something similar on an unofficial COLL fan page on FB.
A legit question & the mods there didn't like me questioning, so I was booted off for my troubles.

Seems to me 10yrs (in 2021) at the helm is a substantial amount of time to get things right...
We are making the same errors week in week out, nothing has changed!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:31 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
Déjà Vu. The prelim all over again.

Yes, it was like being in a time warp -- except this one was worse because of Howe's injury.

Goal-kicking inaccuracy has been a problem for years.
Dozens of useless hitouts with no clean clearances... We've seen it over and over again.

Seeing Grundy contesting a hit out with Finlayson and tapping it to Finlayson is enough to do one's head in.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:35 pm

Rogue2k0 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Can Jayden Stephenson play more than a quarter of football?

Reminder: Jayden Stephenson had Glandular Fever pre-season, and ALL players have not really had enough training due to COVID to run out full games, which is why the games have been reduced in length. He has kicked more goals in 2 games than De Goey and Elliott have in 4 Games.

What happened is GWS played a clueless kid on him and he feasted. Then GWS moved Heater on to him and that was the end of it.

It's like JdG two years ago. Everyone got over-excited when he kicked bags on no-name kids.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:39 pm

daics aka the ruckman wrote:
It was a 2 point loss to a GF side. Not THAT bad as some here go on about. ...

I don't think that's a good excuse. Richmond and GWS have been belted repeatedly in recent games. Last year means little.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:43 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
De Goey and Elliot should be Dropped but sadly won't.

They been Poor since Season Re-Started

There are no obvious replacements.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:45 pm

Jezza wrote:
It doesn't appear we've been able to address the inability to take advantage of Grundy's ruck dominance over the off season, which is a problem that existed last year as well. We won the hitouts 55-21, but lost the clearances 36-31.

I wonder what the centre clearance count was. Probably worse.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:19 pm

McMonkey wrote:
So, if the Pies don’t win the GF this year, will there be a succession plan put in place for Buckley next year? It’ll be his 10th season, same time the Malthouse plan was set up in his term with the Pies....

Pretty sure MM was there for 12yrs (2000-2011)
Unless your calculator works differently
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:36 pm

Succession plan was announced in 2009...

PCLs

https://www.afl.com.au/news/132894/footys-most-common-injury-how-it-happens-and-the-best-way-to-fix-it

"What is the recovery period?

A player typically misses between four to 12 weeks, depending on the individual's knee-related history, the grade of the PCL injury and whether there are other injuries to the knee.

That prognosis also assumes they don't require surgery, and the rehabilitation goes to plan.

"If it was meant to be four weeks, and it blows out to six – that's not the end of the world, so long as the player's making progress overall," Lobo said.

"But if it's meant to be four to six weeks, and at four weeks, they've still got swelling in their knee and they can't progress as per their rehab plan, then you're probably considering surgery."

The recovery time from PCL surgery varies from about six to nine months."

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:45 pm

masoncox wrote:
15 to 4 inside 50's in the last quarter.
Too many MIA.
Grundy you really need to look at yourself when dealing with that spud mummy.

That’s exactly what I thought. I was extremely disappointed with Grundy’s game. He had no influence on the game at all. I haven’t seen the stats but I can’t recall any of his hit outs leading to an instant advantage for us. Not sure who won the clearances but it didn’t look like we had an advantage there. Grundy is praised for the way he gets around the ground but it looks to me that he’s playing a kick behind the play and looking for easy possessions. Much like Mayne, most of his possessions result in a very slow, short distance pass that have no return because it allows the defenders to flood back. By this stage of his career he should have become a forward threat but he isn’t , not even when matched up against the glacial Mumford. I would love for him to watch some Darren Jolly videos & learn how to run forward at the right time to become a threat.

Gutted about Howe too. In my opinion he and Moore are our two best players.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:50 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
McMonkey wrote:

Pretty sure MM was there for 12yrs (2000-2011)
Unless your calculator works differently

12 less 2 is 10 according to my calculator.

The succession plan wasn’t put in place as Malthouse left. He had a couple of years still as coach to be shitty about it.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:56 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Also, wondering if Coxy has some Irish heritage after that interesting sideways flick of the knee when contesting a centre bounce??????? Can't recall ever seeing something quite like that Smile

He looked like a gay donkey
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:59 pm

Cam wrote:
Succession plan was announced in 2009...

PCLs

https://www.afl.com.au/news/132894/footys-most-common-injury-how-it-happens-and-the-best-way-to-fix-it

"What is the recovery period?

A player typically misses between four to 12 weeks, depending on the individual's knee-related history, the grade of the PCL injury and whether there are other injuries to the knee.

That prognosis also assumes they don't require surgery, and the rehabilitation goes to plan.

"If it was meant to be four weeks, and it blows out to six – that's not the end of the world, so long as the player's making progress overall," Lobo said.

"But if it's meant to be four to six weeks, and at four weeks, they've still got swelling in their knee and they can't progress as per their rehab plan, then you're probably considering surgery."

The recovery time from PCL surgery varies from about six to nine months."

Howe will require surgery. Wont play again in 2020 and will have a delay start for 2021.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14   

Jump to: