Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tickets for Hawks game

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the email from Membership as an interstate ACT member.

Tickets are free through a ballot for ACT/NSW members and limited in number.

Given the way we are playing, I think I will give the 3 hrs drive up the highway a miss this time around.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:18 am

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Adz wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Travel is banned today, he just broke the law. If anyone knows his personal details, dob him in. I’m sick of lockdown because of these stooges continually flouting common sense. Adz was bashing Sidebottom, and here he is doing worse. F*** him and f*** side by side, I’m tired of idiots (from the Prez down) making it worse for the rest of us.

I didn’t directly bash Sidebottom.

Who’s dying exactly. 105 people out of about 8 thousand who have had it in Australia. All 105 where mainly old and would of died this year of the flu possibly and most of the others had other underlying health issues. So don’t spread hysterical exaggerated rubbish.

Just a couple of points.

1. The NSW border is open until midnight according to current media reports.

2. We don't know how many people have died from covid as the figure is not published. 105 are reported to have died with covid which means that they had it when they died, not that it caused or contributed to the death. The "died of covid" figure is apparently not known.

Whilst last year 900 people died from the flu and over 300,000 got it in Australia. At least those numbers will be well down this year!
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:53 am

eddiesmith wrote:
Whilst last year 900 people died from the flu and over 300,000 got it in Australia. At least those numbers will be well down this year!

And that's a really smart comparison, because we social distance, cancel public gatherings, close state borders and go into lockdown every year for the flu...

If you want to actually compare numbers with comprable data variables, the US is the only country to look at because they were the only ones too stupid to act on it.

So they've basically done no lockdown (Besides a 2 week half arsed attempt before getting bored) and are about to clock over 140,000 deaths in less than half a year (first death end of Feb)
Their usual flu death rate is approx 30-35k per year.

So over 4x the deaths in less than 5 months, has COVID tracking AT LEAST 10 times more deadly than the flu.

But don't let facts get in the way because its super cool to just throw numbers around out of context and say 105 from this compared to 900 of these when the variables are polar opposites.

You might as well be saying I'm a better cricketer than Bradman because I once made 723* in Mum's backyard whilst Bradman's highest test score was 334.

Very Happy
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:55 am

Hope you get slapped with the max fine and make the mews, Adz. You’re a bloody idiot and a disgrace to the Collingwood supporter community. You’re also very lucky I don’t have personal details because I’ve called the hotline. Mods, I’ll send you an email detailing what’s going to happen. I doubt anyone will contact you, but be prepared,
Adz 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:04 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Hope you get slapped with the max fine and make the mews, Adz. You’re a bloody idiot and a disgrace to the Collingwood supporter community. You’re also very lucky I don’t have personal details because I’ve called the hotline. Mods, I’ll send you an email detailing what’s going to happen. I doubt anyone will contact you, but be prepared,

I am petrified.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:30 pm

gobbles21 wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

And that's a really smart comparison, because we social distance, cancel public gatherings, close state borders and go into lockdown every year for the flu...

If you want to actually compare numbers with comprable data variables, the US is the only country to look at because they were the only ones too stupid to act on it.

So they've basically done no lockdown (Besides a 2 week half arsed attempt before getting bored) and are about to clock over 140,000 deaths in less than half a year (first death end of Feb)
Their usual flu death rate is approx 30-35k per year.

So over 4x the deaths in less than 5 months, has COVID tracking AT LEAST 10 times more deadly than the flu.

But don't let facts get in the way because its super cool to just throw numbers around out of context and say 105 from this compared to 900 of these when the variables are polar opposites.

You might as well be saying I'm a better cricketer than Bradman because I once made 723* in Mum's backyard whilst Bradman's highest test score was 334.

Very Happy

That's BS.
Bradman made 725 not out in his mum's backyard.
You should've turned a couple of those singles into two's, or told your little sister to stop bowling down leg to a defensive field.
gobbles21 Virgo

It is what it is...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:56 pm

[quote="5 from the wing on debut"]
gobbles21 wrote:

That's BS.
Bradman made 725 not out in his mum's backyard.
You should've turned a couple of those singles into two's, or told your little sister to stop bowling down leg to a defensive field.

haha!! Exactly, which proves my point, Bradman was actually a slightly better cricketer than me when the variables are the same...

That whole comment was to highlight the idiocy of comparing figures of completely different variables through comparing a high score in backyard cricket to test cricket, which is what idiots are doing when they try to collate regular flu figures with Covid figures after social distancing, no public gatherings, no sport, lockdowns, etc.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:42 pm

You don't have to explain the comment to me it's obvious enough.
We are a bit different to the USA because we aren't as bad as them (yet) with the obesity related medical issues which put you at greatest risk from covid. It's basically with some exceptions a disease that preys on the unhealthy and does serious damage to those on some sorts of blood pressure medication.
Adz 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:53 pm

So glad to be heading to Byron after the footy this Friday.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:57 am

Adz wrote:

More likely you posted that whilst drinking your coffee at a cafe in Burgundy Street.
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:55 pm

Adz wrote:

Going fishing?

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:36 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:

What exactly did Adz do wrong for you to be so extreme?

He went to NSW while borders were open. Nothing wrong with that provided he isn't sick or knowingly is COVID positive.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:49 pm

Adz wrote:
I have just crossed the border from leaving at 8 this morning. On route to Canberra and will be heading to Sydney tomorrow.

I just read on a news site that "Victoria's second wave of COVID-19 has spread to the ACT, with the country's capital recording three new cases that arrived from a Melbourne hotspot"

Are you claiming credit for that?
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:01 pm

Adz wrote:
I have just crossed the border from leaving at 8 this morning. On route to Canberra and will be heading to Sydney tomorrow.

I just read on a news site that "Victoria's second wave of COVID-19 has spread to the ACT, with the country's capital recording three new cases that arrived from a Melbourne hotspot"

Lol, the people who tested positive had visited Melbourne themselves.

I can’t believe how outraged Adz has got some of you lot, it’s funny.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:35 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Adz wrote:

Lol, the people who tested positive had visited Melbourne themselves.

I can’t believe how outraged Adz has got some of you lot, it’s funny.

Me? Outraged?
Not at all.
I inherited the smart arse gene, not the outraged gene.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: