Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus II : The Virus Strikes Back

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200, 201, 202  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Hopefully SA have learned from Victoria's fvckups and don't let this go wild. It's good that it's mostly one family so far.

This is what scares me and why I'll be setting up the bush house as somewhere I can work from remotely. At some point Victoria has to resume managing people flying in from overseas and I have little faith in them being able to do it successfully.

It’s not a question of it will escape quarantine in Victoria again, it’s how well they manage the inevitable outbreak and whether Dan has any plans other than locking down the entire state again.

Considering we're still months behind other states in getting software set up, and I have no faith the contact tracing has actually improved (it's easy with no cases) my reckoning is Lockdown will be Plan A when the inevitable happens and I plan to be out of here before it happens.

Spare computer is being renovated, got 2 2nd hand monitors, spare chair and renovated the old computer desk (I don't throw stuff away) so I'll be all set up. Going up Monday with a ute and trailer load full. I can test next week how it works if I use my mobile data rather than getting internet connected/

I got mobile broadband, 500g for 68 a month. Saves getting anything connected as it just plugs in and if you buy the modem you don’t have to get locked in to any contracts. Was handy when at nans where I didn’t want to change anything and saved my mobile data.

But I was pretty much watching streaming services all the time so mobile plan wouldn’t cut it!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:58 am

0 and 0 in Victoria, again. That's the 19th day in a row.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:41 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
0 and 0 in Victoria, again. That's the 19th day in a row.

Wow, great results.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:55 pm

SA has put in place a complete lockdown of the state for 6 days to get on top of their outbreak.

Tougher restrictions than Melbourne, no outside exercise, no takeaway, construction & factories closed.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/south-australia-announces-six-day-circuit-breaker-lockdown-20201118-p56fpj.html

"South Australian Premier Steven Marshall has plunged his state into full lockdown for six days to get on top of a growing COVID-19 cluster in Adelaide.

The lockdown will begin at midnight on Wednesday with police set to enforce the tight restrictions which include allowing only one person per household out of their homes once a day."

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/coronavirus-australia-live-south-australian-cluster-grows-as-hundreds-urged-to-get-tested/live-coverage/975504ca12b197eeb12fdde3cc065ae2

People queuing at the supermarkets in SA. FFS it is only 6 days.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:36 pm

In fairness they probably saw what happened in Victoria, it’s only six weeks turned into 4 months
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:12 pm

Apparently this strain presents symptoms within a few days, not 14, so the cycle is a lot quicker. Still, I can see why people are panicking after what happened here.

I saw people on the news panic buying alcohol as bottle shops will be closed. Sorry, but 15 slabs of West End is a lifetime supply.

SA has managed it's hotel quarantine program well up until now and the majority of the infected were 1 family with actual community transmission very low, so the odds are stacked in their favour to get back to normal pretty quickly.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Sorry, but 15 slabs of West End is a lifetime supply.

And 15 slabs of Speights would be a death sentence. I'd rather drink rat poison. Cheaper. Tastes better too.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:49 pm

stui magpie wrote:
SA has managed it's hotel quarantine program well up until now

Nope. One of the suspected infection vectors is a private security guard who was also doing shifts in a pizza shop.

Farrk me rigid, did they learn nothing from the disaster in Victoria? Or all those nursing home deaths around the country?

If you are working with highly vulnerable people, and doubly so if you are working with elevated infection risk, you should not, repeat not, repeat never, ever, ever be permitted to work two jobs or multiple sites, and there need to be strict limits placed on the number of people in your home life.

Didn't anybody bloody check these things?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:58 pm

Mrs WPT & I stayed at the Peppers on Weymouth Hotel in Adelaide in March this year when we had 4 nights in Adelaide. Nice hotel but it always pisses me off you have to pay extra for parking 🙄 when it’s not the cheapest hotel around. Great location and has a nice indoor pool.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:01 pm

So what you guys are saying is there’s a place called Adelaide and people actually live there... ? Shocked
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:44 pm

David wrote:
So what you guys are saying is there’s a place called Adelaide and people actually live there... ? Shocked

Great place to visit, but then again every time I’ve ever been we’ve always won so makes the trips enjoyable!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:23 pm

David wrote:

I've had some great times and killed many brain cells there, very nice place.

Just shit beer

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:52 pm

Agree with Eddie and Stui on this one. Adelaide is Australia's second-most livable capital city and a great place to visit. Shame about the beer.

(Hint: places with good beer have good quality drinking water. Every time. This is why the Carlton Draft we made in the Ballarat Brewery was noticeably better than the Carlton Draft they made in Melborrne using the exact same recipe. You can't make decent beer out of that muck Adelaide has in its pipes.)

(Carlton Draft made in Ballarat? Yep. And our Ballarat Bitter was bottled in Carlton and trucked up. Go figure. Well, OK, that was because Abbotsford had a bottling line and we didn't. We only made draft beer.)

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:24 am

0 and 0 in Victoria, again. That's the 20th day in a row.
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:52 am

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:

I've had some great times and killed many brain cells there, very nice place.

Just shit beer

How dare youse, I live in SA and drink Coopers pale; and I'm perfectly sane...Wink .
the sludge at the bottom is a secret sauce.

Actually; I drink Coopers sparkling ale, at 5.8 % it doesn't matter a whole lot after a few.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 199 of 202   

Jump to: