Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Cats. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

With speculation arising on selection no one has suggested Atu go out —and I agree
He played like it was his 50th AFL game let alone 1st one—his handling of the ball and very quick realisation where to dish it off is rare in one so inexperienced

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:24 pm

I utterly loathe this arrogant mob of handbag tossers. Most of their wins are at home, that little shithole they master so well, and notice that nearly all their victories are engineered by the old fab five, sellwood, ablett, hawkins, dangermouse, and taylor, if you hold their oldies brigade, that they rely so heavily on, you can beat em. Dunno what they will do when those older players all retire at bout the same time, hope they are stuffed for years.

We can take these handbags Cats , wet or dry, Woods by 17 points.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:27 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Mason won’t be dropped due him dropping marks as part of the game plan to allow our small forwards ground balls to grab and convert 😎 At least one should be unmanned as Mason usually has two or three opposition boogies hanging off him. The other forwards need to lift in their crumbing efforts. If they do this well, Mason is safe to go for marks and it becomes a bonus if he actually holds one😄 It should be a win = win situation.

I agree. We now have Jaidyn Stephenson, Atu B, Josh Daicos, Billie and JDG as dangerous small forwards. To stop Cox from marking, they need to deploy an extra defender at all times. This must leave someone of the above free. Cox does not need to mark, he just needs to create a contest and bring the ball to ground. Also, there were a few frees paid against defenders blatantly holding Cox's arms on the weekend, so I think defenders will have to think twice about doing that. Also, they will have to be careful about trying to push him out of position, as a couple of those were penalised as well.
s

YOU TWO blokes make far, far too much commonsense. Laughing

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:53 pm

I like the confidence but I think this game more a problem than the hawks. The geelong veterans might have lost a yard or two but what they do know is how to slow the play to suit them and win a ground ball. I think Grundy will be more important this week than other games. We win if we can control the clearances.
Looking forward to see how our young ones stand up to the old elites - will they take them on or fall to their game play?
Should be a good game.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:05 pm

One thing the cats do so well at is haulting our handball and link up play with deft little hands that knocks the ball away. They do this all day long as their usually second to the ball. It's there play of rope the dope.
There a well drilled team a n d we need to be hard on dangers every step. Oh and keep dawkins to zero for a good laugh.
This will be a serious contest in the rain. I'll probably won't watch it as I hate the game of rugby union.
Cats 14 pies 9

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:24 pm

Huge game this. Lose it and we're struggling again. Win it and we're flying.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:09 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
How come JDG is back in?
I thought he was out pending the investigation, no?

At any rate, a must win!

Are you serious? The investigation commenced 5 years ago. It he defends the prosecution now it won't be resolved for over another year.

He was only out because he had to leave the "bubble" to go to a police station, meaning that he had to then have 2 negative covid test results before he could rejoin the team.

Degoey's court date is scheduled for 30 October. Right on time to disrupt our preparations for finals, ey?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-04/collingwood-star-jordan-de-goey-charged-with-indecent-assault/12422976

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:23 pm

That's probably just an interim return date. It is most unlikely that the two would be charged in July and tried in October.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:52 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Mason won’t be dropped due him dropping marks as part of the game plan to allow our small forwards ground balls to grab and convert 😎 At least one should be unmanned as Mason usually has two or three opposition boogies hanging off him. The other forwards need to lift in their crumbing efforts. If they do this well, Mason is safe to go for marks and it becomes a bonus if he actually holds one😄 It should be a win = win situation.

I agree. We now have Jaidyn Stephenson, Atu B, Josh Daicos, Billie and JDG as dangerous small forwards. To stop Cox from marking, they need to deploy an extra defender at all times. This must leave someone of the above free. Cox does not need to mark, he just needs to create a contest and bring the ball to ground. Also, there were a few frees paid against defenders blatantly holding Cox's arms on the weekend, so I think defenders will have to think twice about doing that. Also, they will have to be careful about trying to push him out of position, as a couple of those were penalised as well.
s

YOU TWO blokes make far, far too much commonsense. Laughing

Very Happy absolutely I don't mind the big Cox playing in the Wet!
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:03 pm

Degoey's court date is scheduled for 30 October. Right on time to disrupt our preparations for finals, ey?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-04/collingwood-star-jordan-de-goey-charged-with-indecent-assault/12422976[/quote]

Not really.

That date will only be a mention date. His bail will be extended and the case will be heard about a year later.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:06 am

[quote="Piesnchess"

YOU TWO blokes make far, far too much commonsense. Laughing[/quote]

😂 That’s respect coming from a poster like you Piesnchess. 😊 Thank you

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:13 am

Collingwood seems to over use the ball quite a bit. On a dry day then we aren’t exposed. On a wet day with pressure Collingwood’s over handling of the ball has been exposed by good teams like Richmond and GWS. This year we were also exposed by Essendon.

I just hope Bucks and the team have plans in place to deal with the wet.

Out: Kelly, Brown and Cox (if raining)
In: JDG, Appleby and Daicos or Thomas

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:32 am

We do have great depth now, so thats fantastic, if we lose key players, ala De Goey, Sidey, Howe, we have others to step up into the breech.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:05 pm

I can't see many changed this week, after the positive outcome for Atu and IQ last week. JDG will come straight back in for Kelly and the rest may depend on the results of a fitness test.

Injury Concerns:
Josh Daicos (Ankle), Jamie Elliott (Shin) and Matt Scharenberg (Ribs) will all undergo fitness tests this week. As we know Will Kelly (Elbow) will be a forced change.

POSSIBLE INS:
Jordan DeGoey - Will come straight back in.

Josh Daicos - Missed last week with an ankle issue. Will undergo a fitness test and if he passes, will be available. Do we rest him the extra week or play him straight away?

Brayden Sier - Has been very good in the past three practice games. Can he and Wills play in the same midfield? Or does Wills make way for him?

John Noble - One of the best on ground in the practice match last week. Has been the emergency for both games since being dropped. Will be an emergency again if not named.

UNLIKELY INS:
Ben Reid - Came back a little bit earlier than expected and played in the last two scratch matches. Has been amongst the goal kickers, but I'd be amazed if he was considered for a wet night in Perth.

Flynn Appleby - Again, his name has been mentioned as being in good form in the practice games. He has also been amongst the goal kickers. But I cant see who makes way for him right now.

Josh Thomas - Has been a little unlucky. Thought he was a massive chance last week with Daicos and DeGoey out. Has been in the emergencies, but cant find too much info on his form in the practice games. With JDG back in and Daicos close, it'll be an unlikely call up. Might depend on Elliotts shin complaint.

Darcy Cameron - Can't see it happening. I think Bucks will persist with Cox over Cameron right now.

Jack Madgen - Has been a handy back up. The back six have been playing great in recent weeks. Yes we still miss Howe, but Madgen may only be considered if the 'Berg doesn't pass his fitness test.

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:15 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Collingwood seems to over use the ball quite a bit. On a dry day then we aren’t exposed. On a wet day with pressure Collingwood’s over handling of the ball has been exposed by good teams like Richmond and GWS. This year we were also exposed by Essendon.

I just hope Bucks and the team have plans in place to deal with the wet.

Out: Kelly, Brown and Cox (if raining)
In: JDG, Appleby and Daicos or Thomas

I think Kelly for JDG is a given but I don't see too many changes after a win. CBrown is a good pressure player and may be important. Two talls out of the forward line I cannot see happening; so Cox will probably stay - besides his last game was good and I believe his form is on the rise. He straightens us up.
We do use the ball a lot - I just hope we take the game on like last week.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: