Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Cats. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree. Ge Goey for Kelly——Bucks experimented with Elliot as a clearance mid and Stevo as wing so with JDG in he has the ability to rotate Billy & JDG as clearance players & also Stevo back in fwd
That smacks of flexibility for our 22

One thing is I don’t see Geelong being as lax as Dorks so Atu will be tested against a better class of footballers. And it won’t just be Thursday for he and Quaynor it be every week of their career so lads it’s the trade you’ve chosen

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:31 pm

Out : If it’s wet, selecting a team that doesn’t reflect the conditions. e.g Reid in the wet 2019 PF, Cox vs Richmond Round 19 2019.
In : Bigger bodies in the middle, clean handlers of the pill, straight kickers (our match average (very) shooting accuracy is 53% - 9 goals 8 behinds, and manic tackling.
A back-up plan if we lose a key defender or ruck. (Cox ain’t no ruckman)

Weather : Perth area Showers. Possible storm.
Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds northerly 15 to 25 km/h increasing to 25 to 40 km/h during the morning then turning west to northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the afternoon.

Changes
Out: Kelly, Cox, Varcoe, C Brown
In: Thomas, Dunn, JDG, Appleby

Suspect they’ll give Daicos' ankle more time, no need to risk it in the wet. Elliott might be a chance to miss if his shin hasn’t come up.

FORWARDS
Yes Cox out with the forecast for a wet game. Blicavs will give us plenty of ground ball opportunities when he drops marks in the wet… Appleby as a defensive forward to suit the conditions, play him while he’s in form.

HFF : Mayne Mihocek WHE
F : A2B2 Appleby Thomas

CENTRES
Well I had to have a spew as last week we let Mitchell have another 50 possession game. Let’s not let Danger do the same. If JDG wants a million$ contract, lets see how he goes against one that has earned one.
Adams onto Selwood, bring the head bandages.
If Steven comes in to replace Narkle, suggest we position a pie seller on the fence.
Let's get in front of our opponents at the ruck contests, put the shoulder in.
Simply get our better handlers in the centre and the forwards will get better delivery.

C : Treloar Pendlebury Stephenson
Followers : Grundy Adams JDG

BACKS
Maynard onto Gaz Jnr, Crispy to Rohan, IQ to Miers or Lukey Dahl, Rough to the Hawk and Moore onto Ratatouille.
NB if Grundy was to go down, we’d need someone to go into the ruck. Roughead has done this in the past while at Footascray.
Dunn can go back and man Hawkins or in turn reprise a role as a forward out of the square if Appleby doesn’t fire. Remember when Roughead went off against the Tigers R19 last year, we couldn’t hold both Riewoldt and Lynch.

B : Crisp Roughead Scharenberg
HBF : Maynard Moore IQ

INT : Wills Dunn Elliott Phillips

EMG : Cox, Noble, Sier

Set to be another tight, heavily contested grind against our modern day rivals, Pies by 9 points.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:02 pm

Nice preview there LaurieHolden also duncan for the cats is likely to play and hes dangerous. We need to shut down miers he always seams to bob up and kick a few goals too he is quick snap kick too. Others to look out for are Narkle Hawkins and Rataouille. I think we can match them mid field. We must shut out ablett too he still has it.
A must win to kind of cement out top 4 position we have another tough match after cats too in the eagles on their again at perth. I must say our fixture has been the toughest of all the teams. Where the likes of richmond etc..... have had it way too easy for my likeing.
Must win this Pies by 12 points but will be a tight tough and a hard slog and wet rain is predicted too a condition we dont play well in either.
Pies by 12 it wont be easy.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:02 pm

I agree with the majority sentiment here that Kelly/JDG may be the only change. The rest will depend on injury/fitness tests.

I think one clear message Bucks needs to make to the young blokes (Stevo and JDG especially) is that after kicking a goal, don't over-celebrate in the face of Dangerfield.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:21 pm

Ill like to see stevo play off half back like v hawks he did better there
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:29 pm

Like to know once we are done with the perth hub what happens next? i assume we play freo at optus after west coast. I have a feeling we may go to adlaide or sydney.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:07 pm

I suspect there'll be just the one change - De Goey in for Kelly.

However, Josh Daicos will be pushing for a recall, but i'd only consider bringing him back in to replace C. Brown.

Quaynor and Bossanova are guns and should very soon become automatic selections in our best 22.

Cox is very lucky that Cameron is not a better player, otherwise he'd be dropped. He's 7 ft FFS, so he should be clunking a minimum of 5-6 each week. Still, at least we are developing some good crumbers. I like the move of Elliott into the midfield, but prefer Stevo near goals.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:27 pm

I like stevo on the wing and in the mid field and atu b playing across the half forward line.
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:10 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
. He's 7 ft FFS, so he should be clunking a minimum of 5-6 each week.

....funny....

so a 115 to 138 goal a year is a pass mark

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:12 pm

Agree - IQ and Boss are looking the goods
bucking awesome 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:32 pm

I agree that Cox is not much more useful than a speed hump in the wet but the only way he gets dropped is if Cameron comes in. Grundy needs 3 or 4 minutes rest a quarter and the only options in the ruck would be Moore (dont want him being injured), Mihocek (who is a target down there) or Wills (my second favourite Rupert).

Cox needs to stand to attention

I think DeGoey for Kelly and Daicos in if fit. Im surprised nobody has mentioned Varcoe as an out. I dont think he has done much in the last two games back

K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:39 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
. He's 7 ft FFS, so he should be clunking a minimum of 5-6 each week.

....funny....

so a 115 to 138 goal a year is a pass mark

No. Just 115 to 138 marks a year.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:40 pm

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/742938/in-the-mix-round-7-v-cats

Quote:
In The Mix: Round 7 v Cats

Jordan De Goey
Was ruled out of the round six win over Hawthorn, then headed straight to the Pies' Perth hub. Looms as an important inclusion given the Cats' strong defensive set-up.

Josh Daicos
Missed the win over the Hawks due to an ankle issue picked up during a training session in Sydney. Trained strongly in Perth on Tuesday and looks set to return to face Geelong.

Tyler Brown
Was omitted from the AFL team that beat the Hawks but remains very much in the mix for selection to take on the Cats.

Darcy Cameron
Was among the emergencies for the win over Hawthorn and hasn't put a foot wrong in the reserves scratch matches.

Josh Thomas
Like Cameron, Thomas has been a regular on the emergency list for the AFL team. Continues to press his case in the reserves games and on the training track.

Brayden Sier
Is knocking on the door with good performances in the reserves.

John Noble
Was a regular in the AFL team during the early rounds of the season, before losing his spot for the round five clash with Essendon. Did his chances of a recall no harm with a strong performance in the reserves last weekend.

I forgot to mention Tyler Brown in my one... a whole page ago now...

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:25 pm

I’m curious to see Appleby in the seniors. I know he’s been playing forward and kicking goals, but how has he been kicking those goals? Set shots, snaps, crumbing, defensive pressure, out muscling opponents?

I wonder how he’d fit in with the current dynamics.
npalm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:08 am

bucking awesome wrote:
...... Im surprised nobody has mentioned Varcoe as an out. I dont think he has done much in the last two games back

I think Liam Shiels' ribs think Varcs did plenty last week. Smile

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: