Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Treloar has gone up another level since returning from injury.

Gets the ball but disposal by foot still needs work,

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:45 pm

Jordy's last 'mark' bobbled out of his hands, bounced off the Geelong player's back and landed back in Jordy's hands. Laughing
mattmc33 Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:45 pm

Really good performance. Gotta clean up those silly mistakes, but overall they were very impressive. DeGoey was in DeGod mode, Grundy was a colossus, Adams and Treloar were both fantastic and the defence again stood up, especially Maynard, who I thought was spectacular. And Pendlebury once again showed he’s one of the best to ever lace up a boot. So many promising signs with this group. Lots to look forward to.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:46 pm

Collingwood 8.9.57
Geelong 5.5.35

Goals: De Goey 5, WHE, Daicos, Adams

Disposals: Treloar 34, Pendlebury 24, Adams 21, Phillips 20, Crisp 20, Grundy 16, JdG 16, Mayne 16, Noble 15, Daicos 14, Maynard 13, Moore 13, Wills 13, Brown 12, Elliott 12

AF points: Treloar 119, Grundy 116, Adams 101, JdG 94, Mayne 82, Crisp 79, Phillips 74, Pendlebury 69
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:47 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
Jordy's last 'mark' bobbled out of his hands, bounced off the Geelong player's back and landed back in Jordy's hands. Laughing

Brought the ball down and controlled it. Ever see the "mark" taken by Ablett over Gary Pert in the forward pocket at the Punt Rd end of the MCG in I forget what year? He got up there but had no competition and didn't bring it down, but he was Ablett so it was a mark.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:49 pm

Another good game by Treloar. Elliott is gold in the midfield.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:52 pm

Very nice to finish off the way we did because that was a tough game. We looked really good in parts but seriously need to clean up our decision making and ball use because when we cough it up it ends up costing us dearly. I also wish we'd cut out the short kicks in the HB because time and time again we screw it up and turn it over.

It was a fantastic defensive effort tonight and our mids controlled the ball really well - not letting them play to their traditional game plan. I like the set up of our fwd line and the multitude of options we have with being able to rotate guys in and out because this causes headaches for the opposition. Mihocek kicks 4 last week then JDG kicks 5 this week.
watt price tully Scorpio

Adz wrote:
To be fair, throw Selwood into it and the Cats get the win.

To be fair: that is pure speculation.

Throw in Selwood who knows what would have happened unless you god; I have a hunch you’re not. Nor am I.

To be fair both teams played tough football and Collingwood prevailed. Enjoy the win

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

Great win in tough conditions against a dangerous football team. Defensively we are just outstanding. Although we jammed a couple of late ones through I was never feeling easy about the final quarter, always waiting for those handbaggers to get within a kick. With that in mind I really would like to see a few other guys pop up and score in the second half like Elliot, Miho, Stevo, Phillips, Brown, Grundy etc...any of these guys are capable of scoring and we need to find avenues to goal for them. We need to hold our strong defense but find a few more goals per game. We do that then we will be a serious contender. I think Sidey probably would have kicked 1 or 2 tonight.

8 goals to 5 is ok, not awful in season covid20 but I would prefer 11 to 8, just that ability to score more freely even if you give up a few more just feels more balanced. Anyway, a win is a win, we put those handbags back on the rack and sent their bleeder to the bench...did anyone see that showpony Dangerfield tonight? Did he play? Wink

MONCO: Your life.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:53 pm

Good win.Never in doubt.Geelong tried hard like the plucky little battlers they are.Don’t think Selwood would have made the difference.I don’t think he’s worth four goals.And great to see DeGoey back to his best.I can just see Caro spitting chips and saying she wasn’t comfortable with him playing.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:57 pm

I thought it was a tough hard contested match and Collingwood prevailed. Again our dominance is let down by some silly mistakes.

Great pressure. Great contested footy. Despite the tension it was wonderful, perhaps because of the tension.

I love beating the Western District Squatters: Go Pies.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:59 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Collingwood 8.9.57
Geelong 5.5.35

Goals: De Goey 5, WHE, Daicos, Adams

Disposals: Treloar 34, Pendlebury 24, Adams 21, Phillips 20, Crisp 20, Grundy 16, JdG 16, Mayne 16, Noble 15, Daicos 14, Maynard 13, Moore 13, Wills 13, Brown 12, Elliott 12

AF points: Treloar 119, Grundy 116, Adams 101, JdG 94, Mayne 82, Crisp 79, Phillips 74, Pendlebury 69

Why do you keep posting this through the comments? Just wondering..

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:00 am

Our percentage is 146% but with the 2 pts for the friggin’ draw it has less meaning than usual but reflective of our defence
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:01 am

Monco Matt wrote:
Great win in tough conditions against a dangerous football team. Defensively we are just outstanding. Although we jammed a couple of late ones through I was never feeling easy about the final quarter, always waiting for those handbaggers to get within a kick. With that in mind I really would like to see a few other guys pop up and score in the second half like Elliot, Miho, Stevo, Phillips, Brown, Grundy etc...any of these guys are capable of scoring and we need to find avenues to goal for them. We need to hold our strong defense but find a few more goals per game. We do that then we will be a serious contender. I think Sidey probably would have kicked 1 or 2 tonight.

8 goals to 5 is ok, not awful in season covid20 but I would prefer 11 to 8, just that ability to score more freely even if you give up a few more just feels more balanced. Anyway, a win is a win, we put those handbags back on the rack and sent their bleeder to the bench...did anyone see that showpony Dangerfield tonight? Did he play? Wink

I disagree. Anytime you only concede around 5 goals, you’ve proven that you’re not going to concede enough goals to lose, you’re going to win nearly every time (or draw, as was the case vs Richmond). A team that has managed 8 vs you can easily bang on 2 in a minute. Conceding just 5 means no matter the threat, you’re going to hold up.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:02 am

Cam wrote:
Another good game by Treloar. Elliott is gold in the midfield.

The switch of Billy into the mid-field has been a master stroke!!! He didn't have much of an influence when playing forward in the first few games of season 2.0. but has really grabbed his moment in the centre. A couple of times in that last quarter when the Cats were coming, he just grabbed the ball and kicked in one motion, sending it deep into the forward line. Plus of course, it allows JDG to spend most of his time forward.

JGG must have been practising his goal-kicking on his mini-break. Laughing What a great performance after all that media controversy. Best way to answer his and Collingwood's critics Very Happy

Wow, what an exciting win!!! So many superb individual contributions - Pendles, Brodie, Adams, Maynard, Treloar, Crisp, the above two, even WHE back to soaring for marks! but every player went in hard and played wet weather football. Yay!!!!

Last edited by PyreneesPie on Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9   

Jump to: