Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Freo. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Magpietothemax"][quote="derkd"]
Agreed, I will add that we have become far too reliant on our "star factor" Pendlebury playing a blinder, De Goey kicking five Moore marking everything down back and Grundy smashing the ruck.

What is slipping under the radar is the forn of the second string players has dropped off a cliff this year. What was such a strength in the last two years of players coming in and playing a role has gone.

The likes of Thomas, Eliott, Stephenson, Cox, Phillips have been very out of form.

Now I can't entirely blame them. This hub situation and the virus that stalks our lands is affecting us all and I am sure they are no different.\[quote]

We are behind the eight ball. We have also as a club found ways to shoot ourselves in the foot so to speak. Getting bad press and distractions right at the worst times.

Sure fire way to take your teams mind off a football game.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:25 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
We're done for the year guys, we may still make the finals.. but we'll be making up the numbers - another wasted year and this one really hurts

NO Victorian team will win it this season, stand by for an all interstate GF, played in Perth or Gabba, between eagles and Lions, maybe Port.

It'll be the gabba. 100% one team will be interstate but lots of teams are still in it - even us though very very doubtful (cause frankly we sux) - im guessing eagles lions gf

Anyway i've seen enough, we lack a plan b and you know who's fault it is... we need to rebuild - i want to see flags

Agree. The only problem I have will be the time it will take between a rebuild and a possible flag. It will not be quick under any coach. Do Collingwood fans have the patience to wait, maybe years, for success? I honestly have my doubts in these days of yearning for almost immediate success. The club will always come first with some of the loyalists but I have my doubts about everyone being on the same page. So I feel future success may take a while with less supporters being onboard for the long haul. Ce sera sera......

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:28 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
From 5 goals up in the first quarter of the 2018 GF to a rebuild within 18 months.

My only hope for the rest of this year is that we beat Carlton when we eventually play them.

Yes, and i take comfort knowing, that aside from our poor form, beyond doubt, NO Victorian team will make the GF this covid virus season, not the Tigers even, or Cats. This season will see an all interstate GF, played in Perth or Gabba, most likely eagles and Lions or Port to face off. Its too hard for Vic teams, in this hub thing, look at the eagles in Brizzie, utter shit, get to Perth, sky is the limit. Vic teams are out of thier routines badly in these hubs, no Lexus, gym, pool, no familiar training facilities, its too hard, not just for us, all the Vic sides. I cant see a Vic team going far this season, its so weird this year.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:29 pm

Lazza wrote:
. The club will always come first with some of the loyalists but I have my doubts about everyone being on the same page. So I feel future success may take a while with less supporters being onboard for the long haul. Ce sera sera......

Will always be onboard for the Pies. Right now, the ship is caught in a foul swell, and the crew needs guidance.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:31 pm

When we r hunted like Bombers Giants Eagles and now Dockers it’s back to the 2014 to 2017 years
Can’t hang this purely on injuries—like Moore picking out a Docker

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:32 pm

Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
We're done for the year guys, we may still make the finals.. but we'll be making up the numbers - another wasted year and this one really hurts

NO Victorian team will win it this season, stand by for an all interstate GF, played in Perth or Gabba, between eagles and Lions, maybe Port.

It'll be the gabba. 100% one team will be interstate but lots of teams are still in it - even us though very very doubtful (cause frankly we sux) - im guessing eagles lions gf

Anyway i've seen enough, we lack a plan b and you know who's fault it is... we need to rebuild - i want to see flags

Agree. The only problem I have will be the time it will take between a rebuild and a possible flag. It will not be quick under any coach. Do Collingwood fans have the patience to wait, maybe years, for success? I honestly have my doubts in these days of yearning for almost immediate success. The club will always come first with some of the loyalists but I have my doubts about everyone being on the same page. So I feel future success may take a while with less supporters being onboard for the long haul. Ce sera sera......

Things can turn round quickly tho Lazza, look at the Saints, utter shit last season, this year, world beaters, under Ratten did some canny recruiting at the draft, something we must do, things can turn round fast, but we have to act and have the courage to make hard decisions.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:40 pm

BazBoy wrote:
When we r hunted like Bombers Giants Eagles and now Dockers it’s back to the 2014 to 2017 years
Can’t hang this purely on injuries—like Moore picking out a Docker

Agree Bazboy. We can't attribute this solely to hubs, etc. We are playing like we are back in the Dark Ages of 2014 to 2017. I think that what is happening is that our drilled team structure is so ossified that when actual real time events demand another response, we cannot find it and simply retreat to a defensive, non-risk, low scoring solid state congestion. The lack of confidence now dominating our team exacerbates this. I saw signs of this in 2019. We lost the 2018 energy and audacity in 2019 to a large extent. The trends are continuing this year. And I think, or am fearful, that our victories earlier in the season may in large part be due to other teams training schedules and preparing a peak later on in the season. I hope i am wrong.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:44 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Things can turn round quickly tho Lazza, look at the Saints, utter shit last season, this year, world beaters, under Ratten did some canny recruiting at the draft, something we must do, things can turn round fast, but we have to act and have the courage to make hard decisions.

Agree Piesnchess but I guess I need to be swayed that we can make the hard decisions and recruit the right players into a flag winning team in the short term period of the next 4 - 5 years. Will fans have the courage to wait? I doubt it very much. All we will get will be more sooking from the inpatient Nicksters🥺

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:44 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
From 5 goals up in the first quarter of the 2018 GF to a rebuild within 18 months.

My only hope for the rest of this year is that we beat Carlton when we eventually play them.

Yes, and i take comfort knowing, that aside from our poor form, beyond doubt, NO Victorian team will make the GF this covid virus season, not the Tigers even, or Cats. This season will see an all interstate GF, played in Perth or Gabba, most likely eagles and Lions or Port to face off. Its too hard for Vic teams, in this hub thing, look at the eagles in Brizzie, utter shit, get to Perth, sky is the limit. Vic teams are out of thier routines badly in these hubs, no Lexus, gym, pool, no familiar training facilities, its too hard, not just for us, all the Vic sides. I cant see a Vic team going far this season, its so weird this year.

I was thinking the same thing Piesnchess even before today’s game.I don’t think any Victorian side can win the premiership this year the way the season has been set up,They’re travelling around the country like Gypsies,looking for a home,living in hubs.No home ground advantage,no familiar training grounds,away from families.It’s all set up for an interstate side like West Coast or the Lions( yuck).It’s huge advantage to be playing at home all the time,sleeping in your own bed and going to your usual training ground etc,
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:48 pm

Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Agree Piesnchess but I guess I need to be swayed that we can make the hard decisions and recruit the right players into a flag winning team in the short term period of the next 4 - 5 years. Will fans have the courage to wait? I doubt it very much. All we will get will be more sooking from the inpatient Nicksters🥺

Agree Comrade, the young Nicksters are not the most patient of people at best of times. I often wonder how they would have fared barracking for the Deeees and Saints. both won last flags way, way back in the 1960s, one when the Beatles came here, the other the year decimal currency came in, so long ago, how would they like to be those poor fans of those clubs ? Rolling Eyes

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:49 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:

I was thinking the same thing Piesnchess even before today’s game.I don’t think any Victorian side can win the premiership this year the way the season has been set up,They’re travelling around the country like Gypsies,looking for a home,living in hubs.No home ground advantage,no familiar training grounds,away from families.It’s all set up for an interstate side like West Coast or the Lions( yuck).It’s huge advantage to be playing at home all the time,sleeping in your own bed and going to your usual training ground etc,

Spot on , agree 100%. Exclamation

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:52 pm

Three weeks ago, we beat the Cats.
By the next day, the headlines were that the match winner in JDG would be out for 10 weeks.
The day before this game, the media headlines again blared out some bad news for the Pies, with the embarrassing actions of the senior coach and his assistant.
Meanwhile, all the other Victorian teams are in the QLD hub, reunited with their families.
Really, it 's no wonder that many of our boys played like a demoralized, dispirited bunch today.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:01 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Three weeks ago, we beat the Cats.
By the next day, the headlines were that the match winner in JDG would be out for 10 weeks.
The day before this game, the media headlines again blared out some bad news for the Pies, with the embarrassing actions of the senior coach and his assistant.
Meanwhile, all the other Victorian teams are in the QLD hub, reunited with their families.
Really, it 's no wonder that many of our boys played like a demoralized, dispirited bunch today.

Yeh, and losing both De Goey and Pendles, let alone Howe, i knew our season was gonna take a big dive, plus all this hub stuff, the tennis, eddie loudmouth, bad headlines, bad cess all over the shop, it must affect the players. These hubs r crap idea, look at the eagles, crap in their hub, get back home, they are world beaters, go figure. Rolling Eyes

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:16 pm

Agree that this season it is virtually impossible for a Victorian team to win the flag, but that does not explain why we are playing at a level below most Victorian teams at the moment.
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:20 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Handball, handball oh there is someone out wide on their own no wait I’ll handball to someone under pressure or handball to a teammates feet.

This is spot on. I was there tonight and all night this was happening. The amount of times we hand balled back into a congested pack to someone under pressure was staggering. All night the supporters were yelling to "Kick it". We cannot keep playing like this. We are not Richmond!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13   

Jump to: