Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down Sydney. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
That Daicos winner should be a big middle finger to Buckley. You can stick your structures and processes and beige bullshit up your arse. It’s individual acts of brilliance that usually seal games. Hence why we so rarely win the close ones. Our players once were allowed to express themselves. Now t look timid and bored.

Spot on.

We win in spite of Buckley's coaching and game plan due to the brilliance of individuals. It takes freak goals and the efforts of one individual for us to win these days.

We'd be better off with no coach, no structures and just getting the players to play football.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:29 pm

^ yeh, take the shackles off and just bloody go for it, attack like buggery, throw caution to the wind, be unpredictable, arrogant, cheeky, just have a red hot go, hang the consequences. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:29 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Treloar came out in track suit but his leg (right I think) appeared to have padding around the thigh
Any one noticed it ????

Hammy.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:30 pm

People need to watch Grundy performance tonite.
His attitude was completely different than the last few weeks.
He was absolutely determined.
Without him tonite we would have easily lost.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:32 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
^ yeh, take the shackles off and just bloody go for it, attack like buggery, throw caution to the wind, be unpredictable, arrogant, cheeky, just have a red hot go, hang the consequences. !

I agree, but unfortunately it takes confidence to do this and as I mentioned before, along with MM, the boys have lost that vital commodity,(courtesy of the f***ing Eagles).
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:35 pm

masoncox wrote:

I noticed this too!!! He was back to attacking, scrounging and fighting for every possession, like the Brodie we know and admire.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:36 pm

Adz wrote:
A win that felt like a loss.

Treloar injury a blessing. Shouldn’t play again this year based on form.

You should try watching the game.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:37 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Although we played badly we were still the far superior side and should have won by much more. We remain our worst enemy with our overuse of the ball, poor decision making and poor skill execution, the usual reasons why any side performs poorly. Three injuries for the night. Treloar has done a hamstring, not sure on IQ & WHE. Just makes it so bloody hard losing players every week.

Was a gutsy last 6 minutes to score the winner and take the victory. And a sorely needed one at that. Thanks Daics for that goal and for winning that clever holding the man free kick shortly afterwards to seal the win.

We are just a team lacking in confidence, you can see it in them. Too much uncertainty what to do with the ball so they often just flip it off to someone else. Games with high congestion don't generally suit us as we don't have enough big bodies around the ball. I mean, we are missing three of our very best and that will hurt any team. Richmond can't win a game without Dusty full stop.

If we had of lost tonight then the season would probably have been shot, but a winn will give us confidence to keep going. I just fear that we are running out of foot soldiers.

Great post - sensible and insightful. Confidence not effort is the huge problem, no doubt WC drubbing has had a dramatic impact.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:41 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
Not many clubs like ours who go out of their way to try and screw it up quite like ours. We dominated every facet of the game and only just got over the line for a win. Coughed the ball up time and time again with overuse and poor decision making. Our kicking for goal is disgusting and there's far too many players going through the motions. Surely they're intelligent enough to know that Buckley's game plan (whatever that is) is garbage. I long for the day when one of them says f*** it we're taking the game on; time to play fast free flowing football. Instead we stop, prop, chip and turnover; or handball ourselves into a whirlwind of pressure. The swans had all the momentum in the last qtr and if it weren't for a moment of brilliance by Daicos, who knows what could've happened. If the injuries are as bad as what they looked then it's unlikely we'll see treloar, WHE or quaynor anytime soon. I'm done with 2020.

The brilliant Rich game plan only managed 4.10 against the Swans.
makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:41 pm

Wish Josh had 35 on his back kicking that goal. How the legacy of that jumper is tied to anyone other than PD and how it's used is terrible. Presti will only ever be a footnote on the #35 jumper
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:44 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
Not many clubs like ours who go out of their way to try and screw it up quite like ours. We dominated every facet of the game and only just got over the line for a win. Coughed the ball up time and time again with overuse and poor decision making. Our kicking for goal is disgusting and there's far too many players going through the motions. Surely they're intelligent enough to know that Buckley's game plan (whatever that is) is garbage. I long for the day when one of them says f*** it we're taking the game on; time to play fast free flowing football. Instead we stop, prop, chip and turnover; or handball ourselves into a whirlwind of pressure. The swans had all the momentum in the last qtr and if it weren't for a moment of brilliance by Daicos, who knows what could've happened. If the injuries are as bad as what they looked then it's unlikely we'll see treloar, WHE or quaynor anytime soon. I'm done with 2020.

The brilliant Rich game plan only managed 4.10 against the Swans.

It was torrential rain and they were missing half their team.

slangman 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:50 pm

This team does not do anything for me unfortunately.
I must say I was bored and not impressed in the last 5 minutes. Definitely not sitting by the edge of my seat for this version of Collingwood.

As for Daicos, fantastic goal to seal the win but some of his other work, particularly in the first half was very poor. A great goal doesn’t overshadow the rest of his game. I know he’s young so can continue to improve, but let’s not ignore the rest of his game because of a great goal against a very very poor opponent.

Overall a poor performance once again by a team who have faked their way through the last year.
Wheels have fallen off and it’s sad to know that Buckley will never win a flag at Collingwood.

Now the task of getting myself interested and excited for the Crows game next week.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:51 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Although we played badly we were still the far superior side and should have won by much more. We remain our worst enemy with our overuse of the ball, poor decision making and poor skill execution, the usual reasons why any side performs poorly. Three injuries for the night. Treloar has done a hamstring, not sure on IQ & WHE. Just makes it so bloody hard losing players every week.

Was a gutsy last 6 minutes to score the winner and take the victory. And a sorely needed one at that. Thanks Daics for that goal and for winning that clever holding the man free kick shortly afterwards to seal the win.

We are just a team lacking in confidence, you can see it in them. Too much uncertainty what to do with the ball so they often just flip it off to someone else. Games with high congestion don't generally suit us as we don't have enough big bodies around the ball. I mean, we are missing three of our very best and that will hurt any team. Richmond can't win a game without Dusty full stop.

If we had of lost tonight then the season would probably have been shot, but a winn will give us confidence to keep going. I just fear that we are running out of foot soldiers.

Good call. Nobody talks about ( losing ) confidence because it’s not a tangible commodity. It’s in the same basket as experience as you can’t buy either of them at the local 7 / 11.
These guys don’t lose their ability overnight but the relentless pressure that has been applied to us over the last three weeks has taken its toll on our confidence levels. You fumble a couple times and you start to lose your self belief. Then your bad decision making or execution only puts your team mates under more pressure.
We’re in a slump and it’s up to the leaders and coaching panel to turn it around. A bye would be very handy right now.
Stinga 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:51 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
That Daicos winner should be a big middle finger to Buckley. You can stick your structures and processes and beige bullshit up your arse. It’s individual acts of brilliance that usually seal games. Hence why we so rarely win the close ones. Our players once were allowed to express themselves. Now t look timid and bored.

This ^^^ looks on the money for me. Noone is willing to play on instinct anymore, they're all second guessing themselves. Daics included earlier in the game, had a couple of chances from 50 to have a crack at goals and hesitated and did the stupid team thing and farked it up.

In the last quarter, not only that goal, but a few times he bit the bullet and played on instinct banging the ball forward. That goal was pure class of a natural footballer that was instinctive, instead of &%^%&%^& around going backwards or looking for a handball like it looks like has been drilled into them.

Let them play Bucks, let them play!!
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:52 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
masoncox wrote:

I noticed this too!!! He was back to attacking, scrounging and fighting for every possession, like the Brodie we know and admire.

he gets bullied to easily against other bulkier ruckman unfortunately.
he needs help fast.
three years straight going it alone now.
one game against nicnat and he was thrashed. essendons first time hack ragdolled him as well, and lets not talk about the mummy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12   

Jump to: