Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies run over Crows. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Remarkably, we’d be outright third if we didn’t sh!t the bed vs Fremantle.

THIRD!

Anyway, as it stands, just 0.6% behind Richmond (in a year where percentage seemingly once didn’t count for us ... hahaha, amazing right?).

4-day break vs the 6-day Melbourne break doesn’t bode well, but Melbourne are junk. If we somehow manage to defeat Melbourne, we get a 10 day break before North and, pending Cunnington’s fitness, could set ourselves up for a bizarre finals campaign.

It isn't right, though. It can't be necessary to give the opposition extra days to recover, week after week and make us fly across the country and back and across again in such a short space of games. I think that, match-fitness wise, the 'pies are barely hanging in there.

That’s a good point.Look out our schedule in the last ten days.Played in Perth last Sunday week.Had to travel right across the country to play in Brisbane four days later.Then five days later we have to travel right back to Adelaide.Then we get four days break while Melbourne gets a six day break.I don’t think any other team in the competition has had a schedule like that.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:23 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
I liked the game of Ruscoe.It looks like there’s plenty to work with there.

Agree doris. Love his enthusiasm after kicking goals. That would have to boost the players around him.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:27 pm

The Adams holding the ball in the opening minutes was annoying. He kicked it, but I can see why the ump paid it. Still, they went up and got the first goal from that.

There was a moment in F50 early in the game where we stupidly played on. And a set shot went begging. I think it would have been the first shot of the game too. The first goal could have lifted us early, but instead we had to wait until Daics put one thru much later.

I noticed Mihocek playing up field early. Not sure about that?

Laird dominating was a concern. And he did it for 4 quarters. He's out of contract next year. Could he be a trade target?

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

Piesnchess wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

THIRD!

Anyway, as it stands, just 0.6% behind Richmond (in a year where percentage seemingly once didn’t count for us ... hahaha, amazing right?).

4-day break vs the 6-day Melbourne break doesn’t bode well, but Melbourne are junk. If we somehow manage to defeat Melbourne, we get a 10 day break before North and, pending Cunnington’s fitness, could set ourselves up for a bizarre finals campaign.

AND we should have beaten the Giants, and how the hell did we lose to Essendopers, that one really did hit me hard, So, it aint over yet, the fat lady aint going anywhere, just yet. Surprised

Hey Pies'nchess, that's more like it. Junk the pathetic Pirc Defence, where you just try to entice the enemy to come and smash you. We ain't gonna lie down. We are still in this comp. Bring on the Petroff Defence. Back ourselves up solid, form a fortress, while we wait for the troops to arrive. Go Pies!!

alexjvillani Pisces

Only managed the first quarter at work, good to see multiple goal kickers from our forwards and Cameron seeming to find an option.

Didn’t see much of Crisps game, but all reports say he played the best game of his season.

Ya love to see it. Smile

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:28 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
We were fortunate to be playing Adelaide tonight, imagine if it was Port Adelaide, we'd have been 10 goals down at half time. Very glad to get out of Moronville with the 4 points and maybe a bit of confidence but not much more. Kicking straight was key to the win and Adelaide missing more than their share also helped. They had more shots and should have been 4 or 5 goals up at the main break. Guys, we got away with this one, but if we deliver that against the Dees they will cut us up no doubt.

Who is due back? Anyone important?

But why are you even imagining this???
You should really ask: Imagine what would happen if PA played us, with Pendles, WHE, Adz, IQ, Moore in the team? Then your question, could at least be objectively balanced.

Please don't overthink it! Just meant because we were in Adelaide and we were lucky enough not to be playing the other team from Adelaide, but if we were I'd imagine at half time the current best team in the comp would have put our performance to the sword. I still always think how we would go against the best sides, and given that I have a very active imagination I actively imagined that we would have been on the end of another Eagles style flogging. Just thought I'd share a thought.....sorry!

MONCO: Your life.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:32 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

THIRD!

AND we should have beaten the Giants, and how the hell did we lose to Essendopers, that one really did hit me hard, So, it aint over yet, the fat lady aint going anywhere, just yet. Surprised

Hey Pies'nchess, that's more like it. Junk the pathetic Pirc Defence, where you just try to entice the enemy to come and smash you. We ain't gonna lie down. We are still in this comp. Bring on the Petroff Defence. Back ourselves up solid, form a fortress, while we wait for the troops to arrive. Go Pies!!

Ahh, a real Chess fan, nice one mate, actually im thinking the Pies are now in real Kings Gambit territory, or Bobby Fischer on steroids. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:33 pm

Just happy to get the four points. 😬
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:34 pm

Boom. Not pretty but with the inexperienced side we put on the paddock, I'm Happy.

Never really in doubt. 😂

Go Pies

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:37 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Cameron has passed Cox by after a handful of games.
Four years younger, better footy smarts and has an appetite that Cox seems to have lost.
Slowly getting better with every game. Just leave him there this season and let him develop both his support rucking and forward craft ( unless he goes backwards of course )

I disagree
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:38 pm

A Tale of Two Cities

The worst first half, the promising second

Once Dunn kicked that goal, it woke us from our nervous demeanor, and the weight of failure shifted onto Adelaide's shoulders.

Anyone who has played any type of sport knows you can't buy confidence.

After travel, on Adelaide's turf, in the end to win by 4 goals is an excellent result.

There was lots to rant about players, overall some came to the fore in the first half, and others in the 2nd. The usual subjects were good all game. In a way, a very even performance. (except Broomy ... but he has a good excuse)

Our grasping control and pressurizing till the end was the most pleasing aspect tonight. Two weeks in a row. Still, nothing to get excited over.

Thankfully we played a poor side, but more so than normal, the swing in form and confidence was the story of the game.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:40 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Ahh, a real Chess fan, nice one mate, actually im thinking the Pies are now in real Kings Gambit territory, or Bobby Fischer on steroids. Razz

Yes, I agree with that analysis. It is Kings Gambit Accepted territory. We accept the gambit, and we must play to win. Go Pies!!

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:42 pm

masoncox wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Four years younger, better footy smarts and has an appetite that Cox seems to have lost.
Slowly getting better with every game. Just leave him there this season and let him develop both his support rucking and forward craft ( unless he goes backwards of course )

I disagree

That's because you over committed by making him your user name. Smile

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:44 pm

masoncox wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

I disagree

Is it possible to play both Cameron and Cox in the same team?

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:46 pm

piedys wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
Stevo even though he got 2 goals only had 4 disposals. Looks lost out there. Time maybe for our role playing coach to give him a role out of the square and try give him some space to do what he does best..

Tony Shaw on 3AW a few minutes ago advocating the club get Peter Daicos to assist Stepho with the art of playing forward....

Really??
Stevo kicked 2 and did a beautiful tap down from a marking contest to set up a Ruscoe goal. That’s 3 goals influence in a low scoring game.
Watch the game people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: