Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies run over Crows. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

simon tonna wrote:
couldnt watch the dam game. im hoping cameron showed some promise and im guessing he did ok with a contribution of goals.
heres hoping there were no injuries and we can go into the next match with some confidence and even more resting of key players and jag a win like tonight.

If you turned it off when the 3 qtr time siren sounded you wouldn’t have even known he was on the ground! Junk time goals to save his spot.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:47 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Cameron has passed Cox by after a handful of games.
Four years younger, better footy smarts and has an appetite that Cox seems to have lost.
Slowly getting better with every game. Just leave him there this season and let him develop both his support rucking and forward craft ( unless he goes backwards of course )

I disagree

Is it possible to play both Cameron and Cox in the same team?

I 'd like to see that, as long as we had some skilled smaller players at their feet e.g. young Daics. Wink
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:52 pm

masoncox wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Four years younger, better footy smarts and has an appetite that Cox seems to have lost.
Slowly getting better with every game. Just leave him there this season and let him develop both his support rucking and forward craft ( unless he goes backwards of course )

I disagree

It’s hard to understand the love of Cameron, it seems they hate Cox so much anyone would do.

Imagine if Nicks had to choose between Cloke or Cox, holy shit most posters would rather support Carlton than either of them...

Cameron has so far played 24 qtrs of football and been unsighted in 22 of them and averages less than half as many goals a game as Cox yet still people claim he’s jumped him

Cox was regularly bashed for junk time efforts like tonight
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:53 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

I disagree

Is it possible to play both Cameron and Cox in the same team?

I 'd like to see that, as long as we had some skilled smaller players at their feet e.g. young Daics. Wink

Agree PP. Stepho as well. Stop playing him "down the ground". we know he loves, and flourishes, when he plays forward. Let him feast off the ground ball from both Cox and Cameron.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:04 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
couldnt watch the dam game. im hoping cameron showed some promise and im guessing he did ok with a contribution of goals.
heres hoping there were no injuries and we can go into the next match with some confidence and even more resting of key players and jag a win like tonight.

If you turned it off when the 3 qtr time siren sounded you wouldn’t have even known he was on the ground! Junk time goals to save his spot.

Except that one bloke drops his head when he goes for a mark and the other bloke doesn’t. It’s not easy marking a ball when you’re not watching it.
As for junk time, I bet Cox would have loved to have kicked a goal in junk time before he got dropped. Unfortunately, that luxury didn’t occur during his time in the team.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:06 pm

The less said about the first half the better.

I'm still convinced Cameron is a better option up forward, despite some supporters pleading for Cox to return to the team. He kicked an absolute howler early on, but at least he presents up and can take a mark. He took 9 marks this evening, which Cox hasn't achieved since the 2018 preliminary final.

Adams was excellent. Played like a proper leader and contested everything like a bull. Same goes for Maynard.

The ball movement was much better after half time. Move it quickly and we're more likely to score, so it's not rocket science. The coaching staff need to stop being rigid and inflexible and allow the players to express themselves more on the field.

Nice to see Dunn and Broomhead get through the match unscathed. Great moment when Dunn kicked the goal, which seemed to give the whole playing group a much needed morale booster. Ruscoe's passion is also infectious as well.

It was an ugly win, but one we simply had to win considering the nature of the opponent. We're still struggling, but it's always a better feeling winning even in the most difficult circumstances.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:09 pm

As for Cameron vs Cox.
Our forwards still got smashed tonight.
Checkers should be the 3rd tall.
Leaves room for both Cameron and Cox.
By kicking straight we won.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:14 pm

Haven't seen the game but we picked a bloody good week to kick straight it would appear.

It was a big gamble resting 2 or 3 for this match on the back of the forced changes and given taking the 4pts tonight projected as an easier task than against Melbourne in 4 days time we could have been forgiven in sacrificing our chances in that game, resting players and bettering our chances for tonight.

As it is the gamble has paid off, we've gained an important 4pts and given ourselves a better chance of defeating Melbourne who'll enter the game with the benefit of an extra 2 days rest.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:24 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

I disagree

It’s hard to understand the love of Cameron, it seems they hate Cox so much anyone would do.

Imagine if Nicks had to choose between Cloke or Cox, holy shit most posters would rather support Carlton than either of them...

Cameron has so far played 24 qtrs of football and been unsighted in 22 of them and averages less than half as many goals a game as Cox yet still people claim he’s jumped him

Cox was regularly bashed for junk time efforts like tonight

I'm not a particular fan of either but I think Cameron's game was solid (throughout), tonight. He was excellent in the third quarter in the ruck and around the ground. I felt he was one of our best. It also seemed that getting into the game gave him some confidence that he might belong at this level - he got better the further he went.
glasseyevfx 

masoncox wrote:
As for Cameron vs Cox.

I'd like to see Cox back in form but I think that Cameron had perhaps his best game for us(?)

I think I agree with Dunstall in that our delivery into 50 is perhaps as much a problem as a dysfunctional forward line. Crisp seemed one of the few that could find a target and it was rarely uncluttered.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

I am starting to think that we should play both Cox and Cameron. Cameron is very athletic, mobile as well as being able to take a mark. Cameron's presence in no way slows us down. We then have 3 talls for the opposition to worry about. JS, Billie to play in that forward line. Maybe even consider bringing back Atu, whose main forte is crumbing. And guess what, these are moves we could make absolutely immediately.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:25 pm

masoncox wrote:
As for Cameron vs Cox.

Playing both Cox and Cameron together isn’t really the Buckley way though, particularly when DeGoey plays forward. You could argue Cameron played against rabble and it’s always easier to get a kick against rubbish teams.

He still had 15 touches, 9 marks and kicked poorly for two goals.
That’s not a bad return for anyone who has only played 10 games of senior footy
My point is, that although neither are particularly gifted tall forwards, one is four years younger, played 50 odd less games ( ? ) and has less impact on the salary cap.
Given Camerons game tonight, I simply don’t see how you wouldn’t continue to pick him until he has a number of consecutive poor games in a row.
I have always wanted Cox to succeed but to me, it looks like it’s all become to hard for him. Cameron also looks like he has an appetite for it and that goes a long way.
Time will tell. I’m happy to wait.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:27 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:
masoncox wrote:
As for Cameron vs Cox.

I'd like to see Cox back in form but I think that Cameron had perhaps his best game for us(?)

I think I agree with Dunstall in that our delivery into 50 is perhaps as much a problem as a dysfunctional forward line. Crisp seemed one of the few that could find a target and it was rarely uncluttered.

Yeah, forward line delivery a problem, but could be resolved to some extent if we play Cox, Cameron and Mihocek together and they run in opposite directions to separate out the defence. Our big problem has been opposition congesting our F50, which makes us impotent to score. We need space in F50, and i think our mix of smalls and talls needs recalibration.

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:31 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
I liked the game of Ruscoe.It looks like there’s plenty to work with there.

I was thinking the same thing. He seems very unique. Nothing like I expected. I'm not quite sure what he will become.

Seems to be oozing potential, and even though he has hit the scoreboard and done more than I anticipated, he still looks not quite ready, very young and green.

Is he a forward? A very clever reader of play, or will he become a Crisp clone off HB? Or Michael McGuane ? Or Wanganeen ? (Howz that for big calls lol)
Or fall short ?

I like him too. Glad you mentioned him. Plenty to work with.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:42 pm

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
I liked the game of Ruscoe.It looks like there’s plenty to work with there.

I was thinking the same thing. He seems very unique. Nothing like I expected. I'm not quite sure what he will become.

Seems to be oozing potential, and even though he has hit the scoreboard and done more than I anticipated, he still looks not quite ready, very young and green.

Is he a forward? A very clever reader of play, or will he become a Crisp clone off HB? Or Michael McGuane ? Or Wanganeen ? (Howz that for big calls lol)
Or fall short ?

I like him too. Glad you mentioned him. Plenty to work with.

Yeah, sorry i forgot, Ruscoe is another forward who could benefit from a forward line where space can be seized and speed is a premium. This boy is a gem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: