Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies run over Crows. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the look of Ruscoe
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:28 am

masoncox wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Cameron has passed Cox by after a handful of games.
Four years younger, better footy smarts and has an appetite that Cox seems to have lost.
Slowly getting better with every game. Just leave him there this season and let him develop both his support rucking and forward craft ( unless he goes backwards of course )

I disagree

Cameron is ahead of Cox at the moment, and with Ruscoe and Mihocek, there are our 3 tall forwards.

I'd say Ruscoe will probably need a rest in a few rounds time, so that will be the week where Cox is an inclusion.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:49 am

Rest Grundy when Gawn is in. Makes no sense. Test Grundy after theNorf game. . Thought Caneron gave him a decent rest tonight,
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:50 am

eddiesmith wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
couldnt watch the dam game. im hoping cameron showed some promise and im guessing he did ok with a contribution of goals.
heres hoping there were no injuries and we can go into the next match with some confidence and even more resting of key players and jag a win like tonight.

If you turned it off when the 3 qtr time siren sounded you wouldn’t have even known he was on the ground! Junk time goals to save his spot.

Junk time goals?
You mean the crucial mark and goal he got at the 3/4 time siren to put us 17 points up?
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:16 am

90 nice wrote:
Like the look of Ruscoe

We all do. He looks like he enjoys the game which is refreshing to see...a bit like Stevo a few years ago.
robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:05 am

It can be easy finding negatives, but one of the positive benefits I see evolving out of this crazy challenging year is the gelling and cohesion of a formidable team mentality. I feel too much focus in the past may have been upon 'stand out' individual performances, but now it is more upon a player's personal contribution to team performance overall. I feel we are building significant team depth, with most players last night fulfilling their role through contributing to strengthening team resilience. This season has afforded us a 'new found' freedom to experiment 'outside of the box' in many ways and to hopefully create many long term team benefits in the coming years.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:42 am

On the negative versus positive outcome this season I believe the positive lead the way
We know that there will over the next one to three years retirement of a fair few will happen
So it’s been positive to use Cameron-Atu-Kelly-Ruscoe as first year and all have room to improve but show enough to give them the room to

Quaynor will I think be a great asset

The Browns and Daicos have been bought (managed) well

We will make our mark maybe not 2020 but soon

slangman 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:59 am

Maynard has been rock solid all year. Apart from the GWS game where he battled hard but was ultimately beaten by a superstar of the competition, he has been one of only a couple of players who have shown guts and determination in every game.
I’d fancy his chances for the Copeland.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:03 am

Another positive is the improvement of the Maynard—Crisp-Adams-Moore
group who will be the senior group when Pendlebury —Dunne—Reid etc

35reasons 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:39 am

What'sinaname wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Cameron has passed Cox by after a handful of games.
Four years younger, better footy smarts and has an appetite that Cox seems to have lost.
Slowly getting better with every game. Just leave him there this season and let him develop both his support rucking and forward craft ( unless he goes backwards of course )

I disagree

Cameron is ahead of Cox at the moment, and with Ruscoe and Mihocek, there are our 3 tall forwards.

I'd say Ruscoe will probably need a rest in a few rounds time, so that will be the week where Cox is an inclusion.

I think the Cox vs Cameron issue is an important discussion. Personally I think Cox is the way to go.

Looking at last night’s game on the “macro” level we beat the Crows in I50s 42-30, demonstrating that the mids are doing their job well (yes, some entries are useless), but on the whole I50s are a decent metric of the output from the midfield group (and how much better had that stat been with Pendles and Treloar there too, and possibly JDG if/when he returns later in the season).

The next stat to look at is the % of shots at goal from those I50s - which we lost 29%-43%, which means it was only our straight kicking that won us the game (and in general, the accuracy of shots is a bit random and a bit hit-and-miss from one game to the next, so the I50 efficiency stat is more instructive I think).

What does that say? It says our forward line isn’t working well. It would work better with Cox, who even though he often mangles his efforts (particularly his marking, his kicking at goal is generally good), provides a target, draws defenders, and most importantly - provides structure and something intangible that improves the general performance of the forwards.

So where does that leave Cameron? Battling it for the second tall slot with (the admittedly not-that-tall-but-plays-tall) Checkers (we should never play three talls - too slow and it also negates one of our absolute competitive advantages, which is an impressive and ignore-them-at-your-peril cadre of small, potent forwards), and I would take Mihocek over Cameron every day of the week.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:10 pm

I guess I have said my peace on the Cox / Cameron debate but I think it’s still as much about his current mindset as it is ability.
I still believe, ever since Cox had his eye surgery, he looks to have lost his appetite for the game. He’s not the first player to ask why am I putting myself through this when I get belted in the back of the head every week and then cop online abuse when I get home.
We can trot all the stats and numbers we want in support of Cox but the most damning stat of all is the stat of who is currently getting a game in front of him.
That list currently includes Cameron, Reid and ( maybe ) Ruscoe at various times.
The coaching panel would know a lot more than we do but if nothing else, Cameron at least looks like he wants to be there.
He’s also four years younger than Cox, only played a handful of games, also over 200cm tall and comes a lot cheaper than Cox. What’s not to like at this point of his development.
slangman 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:23 pm

Cox doesn’t look interested most of the time which is the most damning criticism of his game.
This is just an outsiders observation, but is seems that the coaching panel have also come to that conclusion.
His biggest strength is his ability to bring the ball to ground, which as a KPF, is more of a secondary aspect of the role. His inability to impact the game on a regular basis is most probably the reason why Bucks & co have decided to give Cameron every opportunity for the remainder of the season.
Cameron took some important marks from kicks down the line and also has a more penetrative kick than Cox. Coupled with the fact that he is younger, it’s a no brainer that they have given him the nod ahead of Cox.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:07 pm

Credit to Coxy on a remarkable journey.

I hope we can facilitate a trade for him at seasons end as there were a few suitors for him a year or two ago.

Pie as a Kite 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:27 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Grundy needs a rest now, hes buggered, why not rest him for the Deeees game, and bring Cox into ruck, he and Cameron can spell each other, resting at full forward.

Totally agree, I came here to say this. Grundy looked absolutely worn out last night. He's done so much work recently there's no way I'd have him playing four days later against Melbourne. Give him a rest! Cox would probably need to come in as #1 ruck.

I also worry a little about Adams' workload. He was huge in the midfield and mentioned in an interview how heavy he felt in the first half of the game. I'd hate to see him go down with a soft tissue injury from overwork.
alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:48 pm

ronrat wrote:
Rest Grundy when Gawn is in. Makes no sense. Test Grundy after theNorf game. . Thought Caneron gave him a decent rest tonight,

Agreed, looks mentally shot and physically. Chuck in Murphy or Cox just to provide a 'bring ball to ground' option.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: