Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cameron or Cox?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you prefer in the team?
Cameron
56%
 56%  [ 32 ]
Cox
43%
 43%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 57

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

None of them.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:21 pm

Big Dan wrote:
Funny how we all remember Jesse White as being a spud who adds no value.

Compare the career stats (ok - Cameron has only played a handful of games, but...), it suggests that neither Cox nor Cameron provide any benefit over Jesse White. In fact old Jesse averaged more marks, tackles, goals and inside 50's than his successors! Maybe try Dunn at FF and go country league tactics - kick it long to the barrel in the goal square!

WHITE COX CAMERON
D: 11.5 8.5 8.1
M: 4.3 4.0 4.1
G: 1.4 1.2 0.6
T: 1.8 1.6 1.6
HO: 4.0 7.5 4.6
I50: 2.4 0.7 1.3

My takeaway from that.

All three of them are awful as KP forwards. 1.4 goals average is about 30 a season. That's just shit for a forward.

The only saving grace for Cameron. It's game, what, 8 for him.

Last edited by What'sinaname on Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:28 pm

Whos the forwards coach? why do none of them bar checkers know how to use bodywork before the ball arrives?

Cox is a lamp post.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:09 pm

If Cameron was going to be any good, the Swans would have kept him.

He wasnt getting a game in a team thats in a rebuild.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:29 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
If Cameron was going to be any good, the Swans would have kept him.

He wasnt getting a game in a team thats in a rebuild.

I tend to agree with this assessment.
The swans are not in the habit of giving away players who have significant potential.
Jessie White is a case in point. We thought that he would be a much needed second tall up forward.
But the Swans gave him away because they realised he didn't quite have what it takes.
I think Cameron is similar. He will be good against a struggling opposition. But in power games, against a strong defence, he will go missing.
Who do I prefer out of Cox and Cameron?
In a game against a powerful team, actually Cox for the moment. I think he offers more. Support in the ruck for Grundy, always a threat to the opposition defence, and quite adept at tapping the ball to advantage.

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:30 pm

I say keep them both. It will be just like the Cloke/Dawes glory days of 2010/11. One can't mark and the other can't kick.

Mihocek is probably an upgrade on Leroy too, though nowhere near as brutal a presence.

Ah the good old days when our players had attitude. Even if it was mouthy cocksure stuff from the likes of Daisy Thomas. They were up for the fight. You want that to win flags. We now have Adams, Maynard and who? If Greenwood makes it back it will be on one leg. Grundy promised a lot on the attitude front at first but seems to have softened a fair bit. Then there's um... there's ahhhh.....
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:37 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

simple logic, my dear Holmes, Cameron played one game in 3 yrs with swans, very poor CV, at least Cox can ruck, if u insist, we rest overworked Grundy, next week, and bring in Cox and keep Cameron in, see how that goes, and bring back Stevo too, of course.

Cameron was behind Franklin and Reid in the Forward line and Naismith and Sinclair in the ruck. They had that Canadian rugby convert going alright for them too. Left Cameron languishing in the reserves in a pretty hokey competition.

So Darcy is facing being not only less talented than a gun forward would be, he is also underdeveloped. Not a good look for someone we hope can hold down our first KPF spot. But until we fix that hole in our list, I'd take him over Cox as he has more development ahead of him. His type doesn't usually come on strong till their mid/late 20s. Coxy? I just dunno.....
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:22 pm

With Reid, Miochek and possibly Ruscoe all out this week, we’re going to find out a bit about Cox.
If he’s not picked ( and that’s unlikely ) then he’s finished.
If he’s picked, then he gets a chance to show how much he wants it ( half as much as Miochek would be a good start )
Then we can all sit back and off a one game shoot out sampler against the other, we can then all post our justifications as to why either Cameron or Cox were better than the other.

I don’t particularly rate either of them but I do know it’s a lot easier to pass judgement on a 60 odd game tall than it is a 10 game tall.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:11 pm

I concur with P2016.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:29 pm

So....is bringing Jessie White back an option? Is the mid-season draft still in place, and if so, how many dim sims has ole Jessie been chomping since last we met?

I think the idea has merit...

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:13 am

How about Jason Wild? Wonder what he is up to these days? Maybe grown taller? If so let’s get him playing in the ruck🤪 We couldn’t do much worse🤓
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:13 am

DP
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:52 pm

Lazza wrote:
How about Jason Wild? Wonder what he is up to these days? Maybe grown taller? If so let’s get him playing in the ruck🤪 We couldn’t do much worse🤓

He's certainly grown wider!
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:32 pm

F W I W, I just checked the Darcy Cameron trade.
We gave them pick 56 and received pick 62 back. In other words, we moved back six spaces in the fourth round of the national draft.

That’s usually about right for a back up ruckman who knows he mightn’t get a game the entire time he spends at his second club. I’m guessing his arrival was also designed to give Cox something to think about.
My point is, heaping any amount of expectation on Cameron is close to unreasonable.
He originally came to the club as a much needed insurance policy if Grundy went down. I would be very surprised if the club ever thought they picked up a plug and play K P F for the next five years.

If Cox was playing even half decent football, we wouldn’t even be having this thread.
Unfortunately, the real issue is that Cox isn’t even playing half decent footy.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:44 pm

Never have I been more certain that Cox is done at Collingwood. He is a one trick pony who has been too easily worked under the ball at most marking contests so that he is off balance. He has been good taking marks when leading and is a generally a straight kick. I think we can get a replacement who can do this at least equal to him or better. Mason needs a change in environment and Collingwood need to move on with a different plan of attack, one that is far less predictable. This will be a win-win situation for both parties.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 4 of 24   

Jump to: