Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies thumped by Demons. All comments, please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Watching Brad Johnson in the post game “Pendlebury and Treloar were in there”.... ah check again numpty!
masoncox 

masoncox

Bad game plan
Too many dud player
No one seems to have a decent boot on them
Handball backwards always
No leadership.
And second lastly ...how is Thomas an AFL player
And lastly Reid goes down with a soft tissue injury...
Guess that was just really unluckly
Same as the other 49 soft tissue injuries for the last 10 years.

Last edited by masoncox on Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
thebaldfacts 

Injuries have killed us. Unfortunately 2018 and 2019 were Buckley's chance.
Time for a rebuild.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:47 pm

That is the worse game I’ve ever seen from a Collingwood team. Buckley should hang his head in shame with some of his selection decisions. He made the right move dropping Mayne. How Reid, Thomas and Varcoe keep getting games ahead of Stephenson is beyond comprehension. We have a weakened team anyway with key injuries. To prop the team up with players who should have been retired last year is not going to move the team forward. Just play the kids. If we’re going to lose anyway then get games into the kids who are going to get better with each game whereas Players like Varcoe, Mayne, Reid and Thomas are over the hill.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

This game was an accident waiting to happen, no wonder my son backed the Deees for $50. won handy too. You cant play 3 games in 9 days, in different states, with mass injuries, and a poor forward line, all out of form at the one time. Dees only had Gawn out, two extra days rest. I reckon now just play the kids, get something out of this season, at least. We will have least 5 retirements and few de listings at seasons end, so we will have room in our cap. Go to the draft and re load for next year, play this one out with the kids. It is what it is,

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
doriswilgus 

When is this wretched season going to end?I’m so sick of it.As Leigh Matthews said a couple of weeks ago the A.F.L is only continuing with the season to save a bit of money.It’s all about the $$$$.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:48 pm

What happened there??
I think we decided at half time, unlike last week, that we would not bust ourselves to try to win this.
Whether this was explicit or not, I think that is what happened.
A thumping like that though is not good psychologically
We are in a dark slump, that is intensified quite brutally, by injuries.

swooper 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:49 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
This game was an accident waiting to happen, no wonder my son backed the Deees for $50. won handy too. You cant play 3 games in 9 days, in different states, with mass injuries, and a poor forward line, all out of form at the one time. Dees only had Gawn out, two extra days rest. I reckon now just play the kids, get something out of this season, at least. We will have least 5 retirements and few de listings at seasons end, so we will have room in our cap. Go to the draft and re load for next year, play this one out with the kids. It is what it is,

Agree to a point. Not sure reload for next year ...the reality is, we’re a fair way off challenging for a flag. I reckon reload for 2024-2025!
K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:50 pm

shawthing wrote:
This is not a season that should have gone ahead. Unfair and you should not be playing when people are dying. Whoever wins the flag should be treated with contempt.

They played during two world wars and I haven't seen Nicksters complain about that.
doriswilgus 

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
That is the worse game I’ve ever seen from a Collingwood team. Buckley should hang his head in shame with some of his selection decisions. He made the right move dropping Mayne. How Reid, Thomas and Varcoe keep getting games ahead of Stephenson is beyond comprehension. We have a weakened team anyway with key injuries. To prop the team up with players who should have been retired last year is not going to move the team forward. Just play the kids. If we’re going to lose anyway then get games into the kids who are going to get better with each game whereas Players like Varcoe, Mayne, Reid and Thomas are over the hill.

Great post.Dropping Stephenson just smacked of arrogance to me.It was like we were saying oh well,we can afford to drop players like that because we’ll still win anyway.
Johnno75 

shawthing wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Cancel the season now! Why can't all our players just decide they need to go home and be with their families at this time? So they should. Forfeit the season Come Eddie!

That's what quitters do.

This is not a season that should have gone ahead. Unfair and you should not be playing when people are dying. Whoever wins the flag should be treated with contempt.

As if the AFL would cancel. It would have crippled the comp financially and some teams may not have recovered. Brisbane have a decent advantage but for the others it has been fair. Can’t see Richmond or Cats complaining.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:53 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:

Great post.Dropping Stephenson just smacked of arrogance to me.It was like we were saying oh well,we can afford to drop players like that because we’ll still win anyway.

Yeh, but to be fair, Stevo has been in poor form, really, hopefully he will come back next week fired up, id bring Cox back too, Cameron just not cutting the mustard now.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:53 pm

I would hope that the season can be retrieved, but I doubt it now.

I suspect that Dunn and Reid have played their last games at this level.

Mihocek's sickening concussion might rule him out of the North match.

Several other players have demonstrated that they are not up to AFL standard.

Outs for next week: Dunn , Reid, Mihocek, Thomas, Cameron, Callum Brown, Varcoe

Ins: Murphy, Cox, Stephenson, Tyler Brown, Greenwood, Roughead, Quaynor

Personally, I would be inclined simply to play the kids from here on in.

I believe that even if we were to sneak in the eight, the lack of match practice for the likes of Howe, Treloar, De Goey, Kelly Sier would/could mean we get flogged in a final.

We have tipped over a 'critical-mass' of injuries as of tonight and I think that we should place all of our eggs into the basket of taking a look at all the players on our list with a view to make the tough calls necessary to move forward.

mgh3536 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:54 pm

Disgusting effort!

But at the end of the day

We are a one trick pony team, Play like robots

Bux has supposed to evolve

He has evolved alright, but the team hasn’t

These years we have wasted and not developed at all

Our foot skills are crap and haven’t improved
We still haven’t developed a strategy for centre clearances
Forward system entry is crap
Our defence has developed but because of individuals and I believe that might have been down to Longmuir.

Piss of now and get the best out of last two years of Pendlebury and Retire, Delist or trade out over next two years : Reid, Thomas, dunne, Maine magden, Thomas, Langdon, beams, sharenberg, Varcoe,Phillips broomhead, sier.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:54 pm

Forget about this game, this was always going to happen with the team we had on the field. I expected to lose by 4 goals, but not 9 goals, that was a white flag going up. Many teams have been playing on short breaks and turnarounds but not many are turning in efforts like this. This was pretty bad, but putting this game aside it is just a continuance of an ongoing trend at Collingwood.

I am just fed up with year on year the same damn broken record being played. Season starts well, the team is fit and flying, we win games and move to premiership favouritism. Then week by week the injuries kick in every single game to the point where the team falls apart and our depth is exposed. We hobble through to seasons end and inevitably fail however which way you like, by missing the finals completely or through losing heartbreaking finals games.

Every season under Bux feels like it takes the same pathway and ends with a broken football team. Every year is the same. Next year will be the same again and so will the year after that.

It's now simply time for an overhaul. We need to completely refresh the club, not just the playing list, the club needs a summer cleanout. It's been 20 years with Ed on the throne and nearly 10 with Bux at the healm. One flag with Ed and no flag with Bux, and only crippling injuries and four GF nightmares to take with us plus one glorious sunny afternoon in 2010…thanks for that but it just isn't not enough for me.

it seems that Clarko's time at Hawthorn after this season might be up. He has fire in the belly. He would be burning on the inside to prove he can take a different club to a premiership. He is that type of person. Only a new President would move on getting Clarkson I think we can agree on that, not sure if Eddie has that courage to admit that the Buckley tenure has been a failure. You may say that the Hawks are looking pretty ordinary right now and that would be true. But, they made Top 4 last year and in my opinion when they win a game of footy they look 1000 times slicker than we do. They have the plan, they just need the cattle. We have most of the cattle, outside of a key forward, if we had the master coach with the plan then we could become the Collingwood team we have always wanted....one that wins premierships, and not just one, several!!!

At this point I am prepared to take a risk on Clarkson rather than persist with more years with Buckley. I just don’t have any confidence that next year will be the one as we all tell ourselves. At some point you have to pull up stumps. Even the Cats must be getting close to calling time on Scott who has done next to nothing with Geelong for 9 years as well. The Cats are more likely to move on Clarko than us, but I want us to be bold and ruthless, moving on Clarko would make such a statement.

It's time to make this happen. Clean out all the drift wood Collingwood. Move out all the cripples, all the old-timers and all the blue collar turnover kings and get serious about being successful. Its 60 years overdue.

MONCO: Your life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15   

Jump to: