Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies thumped by Demons. All comments, please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Pay the fine Bucks, the umpiring was cheating,

Eddie why did you not fight that fixture? 3 states, 3 games 9 days, that’s bullshit

I hate you AFL. You cheating $�$%^%%$ pricks

Reid, thanks for the memories, glad you got a couple of goals to go out on.

Honestly though, all I want to know is is Cjeckers ok, that was sickening.

This bullshit season is going to end players.

And guys don’t know if you saw it but a swan playerhas been banned for the season for a Covid breach! So small thanks it wasn’t us!

Here, here to all the above TP!!

I too am especially concerned about Brody. Crying or Very sad

At least the way forward is clear now - thanks to the rotten footy gods. Absolute pricks!!!!! Play those that deserve to be in the team for their guts and skill and let any other player on our list who shows enthusiasm have a go. So that means dropping quite a few eg Phillips, JT, Dunne, Magden, Callum Brown and bringing back the likes of Cox and Mayne, plus any of Roughie, JDG, Treloar, Howie, IQ, Greenwood.
swooper 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:56 pm

I think this crazy compressed fixture has them feeling stuffed and exhausted.

Seems like they just didn’t have the fight in them for the second half.
Johnno75 

doriswilgus wrote:

Great post.Dropping Stephenson just smacked of arrogance to me.It was like we were saying oh well,we can afford to drop players like that because we’ll still win anyway.

I wasn’t against playing 3 talls but with Mihocek going off concussed didn’t really get to see if it worked. Agree with Stevo selection. We should be playing the younger kids like Tyler, Stevo etc instead of Varcoe, Reid, Thomas.

I think it’s time to draw a line in the sand and give these guys games for the rest of 2020 look to the future and stop giving games to players who won’t be around in 2021 or 2022, even if it’s great clubman line Dunn.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

Haff wrote:
This is good, another step towards another coach! That said, he has enough excuses! Anyone seen master and commander? The young officer who thinks he is bad luck, and all the shipmates did as well, grabs a bowling ball and jumps off the ship. Then their luck changes. Bucks might be that guy. Let him go and our luck will change. Mark my words.

No coach can stop the mass injuries we have had, not even Clarko. Checkers and Reid both gone now too, for weeks, is unending, never ends, how does any coach stop that ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:58 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Forget about this game, this was always going to happen with the team we had on the field. I expected to lose by 4 goals, but not 9 goals, that was a white flag going up. Many teams have been playing on short breaks and turnarounds but not many are turning in efforts like this. This was pretty bad, but putting this game aside it is just a continuance of an ongoing trend at Collingwood.

I am just fed up with year on year the same damn broken record being played. Season starts well, the team is fit and flying, we win games and move to premiership favouritism. Then week by week the injuries kick in every single game to the point where the team falls apart and our depth is exposed. We hobble through to seasons end and inevitably fail however which way you like, by missing the finals completely or through losing heartbreaking finals games.

Every season under Bux feels like it takes the same pathway and ends with a broken football team. Every year is the same. Next year will be the same again and so will the year after that.

It's now simply time for an overhaul. We need to completely refresh the club, not just the playing list, the club needs a summer cleanout. It's been 20 years with Ed on the throne and nearly 10 with Bux at the healm. One flag with Ed and no flag with Bux, and only crippling injuries and four GF nightmares to take with us plus one glorious sunny afternoon in 2010…thanks for that but it just isn't not enough for me.

it seems that Clarko's time at Hawthorn after this season might be up. He has fire in the belly. He would be burning on the inside to prove he can take a different club to a premiership. He is that type of person. Only a new President would move on getting Clarkson I think we can agree on that, not sure if Eddie has that courage to admit that the Buckley tenure has been a failure. You may say that the Hawks are looking pretty ordinary right now and that would be true. But, they made Top 4 last year and in my opinion when they win a game of footy they look 1000 times slicker than we do. They have the plan, they just need the cattle. We have most of the cattle, outside of a key forward, if we had the master coach with the plan then we could become the Collingwood team we have always wanted....one that wins premierships, and not just one, several!!!

At this point I am prepared to take a risk on Clarkson rather than persist with more years with Buckley. I just don’t have any confidence that next year will be the one as we all tell ourselves. At some point you have to pull up stumps. Even the Cats must be getting close to calling time on Scott who has done next to nothing with Geelong for 9 years as well. The Cats are more likely to move on Clarko than us, but I want us to be bold and ruthless, moving on Clarko would make such a statement.

It's time to make this happen. Clean out all the drift wood Collingwood. Move out all the cripples, all the old-timers and all the blue collar turnover kings and get serious about being successful. Its 60 years overdue.

Great post. Says it all

And if Eddie can’t do it, well, Eddie, here’s a thousand bucks, seeya

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:01 pm

swooper wrote:

Not just fight, although too many in the team lack that, they were just toasted, and decisions like the tunnel that went against Sidey, the unpaid obvious push in the back to Daicos, and the non 15 metre mark that resulted in a 50 and a goal, id be pretty flat too

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:03 pm

warburton lad wrote:

Outs for next week: Dunn , Reid, Mihocek, Thomas, Cameron, Callum Brown, Varcoe

Ins: Murphy, Cox, Stephenson, Tyler Brown, Greenwood, Roughead, Quaynor

We have tipped over a 'critical-mass' of injuries as of tonight and I think that we should place all of our eggs into the basket of taking a look at all the players on our list with a view to make the tough calls necessary to move forward.

Agree with you WL, for sure. Dear old Varcoe has just lost all his speed, but at least he had fun in the last quarter or so, thumping into every Melbourne player he could Smile He's been a great servant for us and I admire him hugely, Reid also, but they should not be getting games now at the expense of any other promising players on the list.
swooper 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:04 pm

think positive wrote:
swooper wrote:

Not just fight, although too many in the team lack that, they were just toasted, and decisions like the tunnel that went against Sidey, the unpaid obvious push in the back to Daicos, and the non 15 metre mark that resulted in a 50 and a goal, id be pretty flat too

Ahhhh sounds like a broken record! Sad isn’t it...
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:05 pm

Assholes those Melbourne pricks...
Checkers goes down & they're high fiving each other, go & get fk'ed, you pillow biting shit infested c*nts!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:05 pm

All I want for the rest of the season is to beat the Carlscum on 30 August.

Not confident given that they have a much more settled line up.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:08 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Forget about this game, this was always going to happen with the team we had on the field. I expected to lose by 4 goals, but not 9 goals, that was a white flag going up. Many teams have been playing on short breaks and turnarounds but not many are turning in efforts like this. This was pretty bad, but putting this game aside it is just a continuance of an ongoing trend at Collingwood.

I am just fed up with year on year the same damn broken record being played. Season starts well, the team is fit and flying, we win games and move to premiership favouritism. Then week by week the injuries kick in every single game to the point where the team falls apart and our depth is exposed. We hobble through to seasons end and inevitably fail however which way you like, by missing the finals completely or through losing heartbreaking finals games.

Every season under Bux feels like it takes the same pathway and ends with a broken football team. Every year is the same. Next year will be the same again and so will the year after that.

It's now simply time for an overhaul. We need to completely refresh the club, not just the playing list, the club needs a summer cleanout. It's been 20 years with Ed on the throne and nearly 10 with Bux at the healm. One flag with Ed and no flag with Bux, and only crippling injuries and four GF nightmares to take with us plus one glorious sunny afternoon in 2010…thanks for that but it just isn't not enough for me.

it seems that Clarko's time at Hawthorn after this season might be up. He has fire in the belly. He would be burning on the inside to prove he can take a different club to a premiership. He is that type of person. Only a new President would move on getting Clarkson I think we can agree on that, not sure if Eddie has that courage to admit that the Buckley tenure has been a failure. You may say that the Hawks are looking pretty ordinary right now and that would be true. But, they made Top 4 last year and in my opinion when they win a game of footy they look 1000 times slicker than we do. They have the plan, they just need the cattle. We have most of the cattle, outside of a key forward, if we had the master coach with the plan then we could become the Collingwood team we have always wanted....one that wins premierships, and not just one, several!!!

At this point I am prepared to take a risk on Clarkson rather than persist with more years with Buckley. I just don’t have any confidence that next year will be the one as we all tell ourselves. At some point you have to pull up stumps. Even the Cats must be getting close to calling time on Scott who has done next to nothing with Geelong for 9 years as well. The Cats are more likely to move on Clarko than us, but I want us to be bold and ruthless, moving on Clarko would make such a statement.

It's time to make this happen. Clean out all the drift wood Collingwood. Move out all the cripples, all the old-timers and all the blue collar turnover kings and get serious about being successful. Its 60 years overdue.

Not really a risk when you take on someone who has a claim to the greatest coach of all time! I’d sack Buckley in a heartbeat for Clarko. Actually I’d sack Buckley for the bloke washing car windows on the corner of Hoddle and Victoria pde.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:09 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Assholes those Melbourne pricks...
Checkers goes down & they're high fiving each other, go & get fk'ed, you pillow biting shit infested c*nts!

Kinda gotta agree! I didn't notice that when Brody went down, but Melbourne will fall in a heap when they come up against the ladder leaders and it will be wonderful to see!!!!
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

thebaldfacts wrote:
All I want for the rest of the season is to beat the Carlscum on 30 August.

Not confident given that they have a much more settled line up.

That game could be the one that breaks the club in half, brings it to its knees and has 70,000 members jumping off the Bolte Bridge (with face masks on of course, wouldn't want to break any rules Wink )

MONCO: Your life.
K 

Monco Matt wrote:

The premiership favouritism every single year is crazy, isn't it? There must be a lot of crazy Pies fans willing to throw away their money. You can't bet with your heart or you'll go broke.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:11 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Haff wrote:
This is good, another step towards another coach! That said, he has enough excuses! Anyone seen master and commander? The young officer who thinks he is bad luck, and all the shipmates did as well, grabs a bowling ball and jumps off the ship. Then their luck changes. Bucks might be that guy. Let him go and our luck will change. Mark my words.

No coach can stop the mass injuries we have had, not even Clarko. Checkers and Reid both gone now too, for weeks, is unending, never ends, how does any coach stop that ??

No but it couldn’t hurt to get rid of him could it? Worked for Russel Crowe!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15   

Jump to: