Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies thumped by Demons. All comments, please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Forget about this game, this was always going to happen with the team we had on the field. I expected to lose by 4 goals, but not 9 goals, that was a white flag going up. Many teams have been playing on short breaks and turnarounds but not many are turning in efforts like this. This was pretty bad, but putting this game aside it is just a continuance of an ongoing trend at Collingwood.

I am just fed up with year on year the same damn broken record being played. Season starts well, the team is fit and flying, we win games and move to premiership favouritism. Then week by week the injuries kick in every single game to the point where the team falls apart and our depth is exposed. We hobble through to seasons end and inevitably fail however which way you like, by missing the finals completely or through losing heartbreaking finals games.

Every season under Bux feels like it takes the same pathway and ends with a broken football team. Every year is the same. Next year will be the same again and so will the year after that.

It's now simply time for an overhaul. We need to completely refresh the club, not just the playing list, the club needs a summer cleanout. It's been 20 years with Ed on the throne and nearly 10 with Bux at the healm. One flag with Ed and no flag with Bux, and only crippling injuries and four GF nightmares to take with us plus one glorious sunny afternoon in 2010…thanks for that but it just isn't not enough for me.

it seems that Clarko's time at Hawthorn after this season might be up. He has fire in the belly. He would be burning on the inside to prove he can take a different club to a premiership. He is that type of person. Only a new President would move on getting Clarkson I think we can agree on that, not sure if Eddie has that courage to admit that the Buckley tenure has been a failure. You may say that the Hawks are looking pretty ordinary right now and that would be true. But, they made Top 4 last year and in my opinion when they win a game of footy they look 1000 times slicker than we do. They have the plan, they just need the cattle. We have most of the cattle, outside of a key forward, if we had the master coach with the plan then we could become the Collingwood team we have always wanted....one that wins premierships, and not just one, several!!!

At this point I am prepared to take a risk on Clarkson rather than persist with more years with Buckley. I just don’t have any confidence that next year will be the one as we all tell ourselves. At some point you have to pull up stumps. Even the Cats must be getting close to calling time on Scott who has done next to nothing with Geelong for 9 years as well. The Cats are more likely to move on Clarko than us, but I want us to be bold and ruthless, moving on Clarko would make such a statement.

It's time to make this happen. Clean out all the drift wood Collingwood. Move out all the cripples, all the old-timers and all the blue collar turnover kings and get serious about being successful. Its 60 years overdue.

Great post. Says it all

And if Eddie can’t do it, well, Eddie, here’s a thousand bucks, seeya

Agree on some points, id give Bucks one more season, but thats it, i think his contract expires next yr anyway. But agree on eddie, his time has come now, we need someone like that Peggy shelia at the Tigers, a different type of President, now. The list does need change, Ried, varcoe, mayne and dunn, all retire, and de list some, like Thomas, wills, maybe couple more. PLay the kids this season, all kids, see how they go, cos plainly we wont win the flag this season, maybe misss the finals, so least get something out of the season, and re load for next year. Just ride this season out, play the kids, see what happens, hopefully a few wins.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:14 pm

Collingwood during the Buckley era have a poor history at selection by favouring Buckley ‘yes men’. How Lynden Dunn can be on an AFL ground with that body shape is beyond comprehension. It is embarrassing. And Stevenson gets dropped. Ridiculous
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:15 pm

To Monco Matt, I’m all in on Clarkson as well, but the Hawks missed finals last season, they most definitely did not make Top 4. You’re thinking of 2018.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:18 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
To Monco Matt, I’m all in on Clarkson as well, but the Hawks missed finals last season, they most definitely did not make Top 4. You’re thinking of 2018.

Post Bucks we do need a non Collingwood person, im warming towards Luke Hodge, he has an astute football brain. Yes, i know hes untried, but sometimes u have to think outside the square, Hodge would have a lot of Clarko in him, be very similar type to Clarko. Idea

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:20 pm

think positive wrote:

Great post. Says it all

I reckon if anyone could coax Clarko to Collingwood, it'd be Eddie. Then, once he's done that - a magnificent final gesture - he can go with our sincere thanks and blessings. Bucks is a superb human being who has had rotten bad luck and deserves to have a fulfilled life elsewhere, away from the heart break that is Collingwood.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:21 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Oh yes RH, you are correct, I was thinking of 2018, time goes by so fast doesn't it? I'll still back in Clarko.

MONCO: Your life.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:24 pm

Once clubs have caught up to our 12 games played, we will have the 4th or 5th WORST points for in the competition.

Keep selecting that beige B and C grade forward line, Buckley! It’s all about systems and playing a role, right?

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:27 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
think positive wrote:

Great post. Says it all

I reckon if anyone could coax Clarko to Collingwood, it'd be Eddie. Then, once he's done that - a magnificent final gesture - he can go with our sincere thanks and blessings. Bucks is a superb human being who has had rotten bad luck and deserves to have a fulfilled life elsewhere, away from the heart break that is Collingwood.

PP, that would be the perfect scenario. I like Bux as a person, not ever going to say he hasn't given his all to Collingwood, but he's had his chance to take the club to the top of the mountain and it hasn't worked out and I can't see it happening now. If Clarko is gettable then we just have to get him. Many clubs would be trying, we need to win this one. If a bloke like CLarko can't turn Collingwood into a ruthless powerhouse then nobody can.

MONCO: Your life.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:27 pm

I am being realistic.
CFC will not get rid of Bucks as a result of our performance this season, rightly or wrongly.
The argument will be that such a decision cannot be based on such an extraordinary season.
Injuries have ravaged our season. This is not an excuse, since the question must be asked: why are injuries always so devastating for us, more so than other teams?
Our defence has evaporated, due to the lack of energy and will of the entire team.
Psychologically we are spent.
Those who condemn the selection of Reid, Varcoe, JT etc: all very well in hindsight. I think we chose them because we thought we needed the experience and the hard bodies to win. I think after that loss it will now start to percolate through that we can't play at AFL level from now on with such selections.
The injuries are being caused to some extent by the lack of life from the whole team: one individual tries desperately to lift us, and gets injured.
I thought we would win tonight.
I am just hammered by that performance.
I get the feeling we will struggle mightily from now on.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:29 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Post Bucks we do need a non Collingwood person, im warming towards Luke Hodge, he has an astute football brain. Yes, i know hes untried, but sometimes u have to think outside the square, Hodge would have a lot of Clarko in him, be very similar type to Clarko. Idea

Completely agree. Look at the current panel even pre COVID. Sanderson, Rocca, Lockyer and even Maxwell (in his role not so much coaching). Too many mates and players who played with each other. Longmuir brought something different but now he is gone. Harvey is the only outsider but not really sure what improvement he has made to us in the years he has been there.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:29 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
think positive wrote:

Great post. Says it all

^ This. There’s a curse on Bucks at Collingwood.

I’m not a fan of Sanderson being assistant coach. He got moved on from previous coaching positions for a reason, and you should never work with your best mate unless they’re a dog. Same for Robert Harvey. Langmuir was a breath of fresh air and brought a new perspective, we need that.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:31 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
Completely agree. Look at the current panel even pre COVID. Sanderson, Rocca, Lockyer and even Maxwell (in his role not so much coaching). Too many mates and players who played with each other. ...

When the current president took over, he said that under his presidency "there'll be no more mates' rates". Sad
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:33 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
I am being realistic.
CFC will not get rid of Bucks as a result of our performance this season, rightly or wrongly.
The argument will be that such a decision cannot be based on such an extraordinary season.
Injuries have ravaged our season. This is not an excuse, since the question must be asked: why are injuries always so devastating for us, more so than other teams?
Our defence has evaporated, due to the lack of energy and will of the entire team.
Psychologically we are spent.
Those who condemn the selection of Reid, Varcoe, JT etc: all very well in hindsight. I think we chose them because we thought we needed the experience and the hard bodies to win. I think after that loss it will now start to percolate through that we can't play at AFL level from now on with such selections.
The injuries are being caused to some extent by the lack of life from the whole team: one individual tries desperately to lift us, and gets injured.
I thought we would win tonight.
I am just hammered by that performance.
I get the feeling we will struggle mightily from now on.

Not sure, yes it was a shocker, but three games in nine days is just insane, no team with mass injuries like ours, can do it. This bad loss might be the kick in the arse we needed, ok we have Norf now, and they ran the Lions close, but if todays poor loss does not put some fire in us, i dont know what will. This is one crazy season, swings and roundabouts, you can be chocolates one week, boiled lollies the next.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:34 pm

Twitter posts from Buck's presser say that Checkers has been taken to hospital as a precautionary measure. Fervently hope he recovers fully. My very best wishes to you Brody. Just about my favourite player now that Shazz is not getting a run.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:34 pm

Honestly, anyone who gets sacked this year will be for reasons other than team performance. There is no way you can make someone walk for not making the eight considering what this year has thrown at us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15   

Jump to: