Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies thumped by Demons. All comments, please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope the development staff have their act together because there are holes in the list which should have been filled by Anton Tohill ( 20 years ) Max Lynch (21 years ) and Mark Keane ( 20 years ) .... and when Dunn ( hes done a great job so far btw ) gets a gig before you that tells you something right there...

Lots of developing young players on our list but none good enough to take their chances.... cmon seize the day!!!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:29 pm

magpieazza wrote:
Hope the development staff have their act together because there are holes in the list which should have been filled by Anton Tohill ( 20 years ) Max Lynch (21 years ) and Mark Keane ( 20 years ) .... and when Dunn ( hes done a great job so far btw ) gets a gig before you that tells you something right there...

Lots of developing young players on our list but none good enough to take their chances.... cmon seize the day!!!

Have you seen the stock photo on Tohill on the website. He looks like a software engineer.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:39 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

Have you seen the stock photo on Tohill on the website. He looks like a software engineer.

Thats too funny !!
Hope he plays like brickies labourer ! Laughing Razz

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:21 pm

Playing tough but fair is a great thing and I think the pies have done that. The problem is that we are all hurting and angry that teams we can beat are beating us due to playing a greatly weakened team due to the injuries. So stupid things like getting all hot and bothered about a sportsmanship act by Pendles becomes a sore point. Understandable but that is a very silly point to make under normal circumstances. I’d much rather see that than seeing a players pushed into the fence or gutter. I don’t have the answers for our injury pandemic but let’s not confuse issues by stupid comparisons.
Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:26 pm

think positive wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
When Pendlebury pulled that melbourne player up from the boundary I was fuming. That's why we will never be feared and hated like we should be.

Yes, I noticed that as well and it shocked me that he did that. In my eyes that sort of thing is never to be done, the only exception maybe is if the game is already won and the opponent is already defeated on their knees begging for mercy. Never early in the game when the battle is still to be fought. We are just a team of super nice guys and I agree we will never become a serious side until we get that unsociable edge about us. Can't believe Pendles did that, it set the tone and we rolled over exposing our very soft underbelly.

That's what players are like these days. They've been emasculated by the AFL's insistence of them to be role models. Although I don't think Toby Greene & Sam Powell-Pepper got the memo.

picking up an opposition player is not emasculating.

I disagree. Sure if an opposition player gets KO'd or suffers a nasty injury right next to you, I think it's OK to lend assistance. But to help someone up when they're perfectly capable of getting up themselves? Why? In fact helping them up helps them expend less energy than they would getting themselves up under their own steam, so it's actually not in our best interest to do that.

Last edited by Sicks Bux on Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:27 pm

the fuzz wrote:
I hate excuses but...

1. Injuries. What can i say?
2. The Fixture. The fact that Melbourne had a 6 day break compared to our 4 is not acceptable. It showed. We looked spent by 1/4 time.
3. Umpring. That was one of the most one sided,biased bodies of work of I've seen by AFL umpires. Why were we not getting rewarded for our tackles when they dropped the ball? Where was our arms being chopped? Everythime they went near it there was a whistle and they got a free. Often, when we DID get a free, we were already off and paid advantage, so it had no bearing.

We really had no chance.

Agree mate, all very valid points, not excuses, but REASONS.On the umps they are just woeful, they screwed the Dockers last night, gave the Bluescum a totally undeserved free kick, post siren, that gave them the win. Ive never seen such bad umpiring as this season, beyond dreadful Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:41 pm

think positive wrote:
piedys wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Collingwood during the Buckley era have a poor history at selection by favouring Buckley ‘yes men’. How Lynden Dunn can be on an AFL ground with that body shape is beyond comprehension. It is embarrassing. And Stevenson gets dropped. Ridiculous

His physical condition is pathetic for a professional athlete. He let himself go so I assume that he didn’t believe he was ever going to be playing again.

Thing is, I wouldn't go delisting him from the rookie list in a hurry either for 2021; our talls are all falling over. He knows he is insurance-only now.
He can be played either back or forward, for as long as his ACL holds up.
he probably didnt think he would play again, he cried when he found out, so that says a lot. how old is he? its a pretty bloody hard routine if your no chance of a game, and while he wasnt much yesterday, i for one will remember fondly his goal last week, sorry, 4 $�$%^%%$ days ago, that would have meant the world to him. yes im part of the problem, too sentimental, but if ever there was a time for sentiment it is these trying times. The AFL hate us, we never get a break, as others said with that fixture, and the injuries from this ridiculous compressed season, and OMFG some of the worst umpiring i have ever seen, WE HAD NO CHANCE. They dont want us to win. we are pretty much the only supporters who stick around in tough times, yes the tiger fans did too, but they take our money and treat us like garbage. the umpiring has to be addressed. i dont want any more melbourne collingwood special day games, yes Daniher is doing amazing things, but the sentiment is against us when we get on the ground. Im $�$%^%%$ over it. someone get Eddie aside, tell him to keep his trap shut unless its for things that help us, like yes, say something about the umpire bias. Clarko got away with it. Make sure we are not propping up any unsustainable clubs, i dont care who they are, pay up or **** off. these are the things we should be standing up for. protect us, because the AF $�$%^%%$ L just use us.

We need a dedicated genuine original fair dinkum forward. Period. what ever it $�$%^%%$ takes. much as id love a fairy tale i know we will never get, this year is done, so play the kids, get rid of the assistance, gets decent ones, Bucks has another year and he wont go, so deal with it. And get tough. dont make excuses for player behaviour. i for one though, wasnt worried about Pendles picking up an opposition player, thats classy, thats sportmanship, unlike their 22 who barely looked at checkers last night. it was an accident, nothing in it but he was clearly out cold, stop the $�$%^%%$ game.

thankyou for the memories, Beams, just pay it out if he wont do the right and moral thing, Dunne, Reid, probably Varcoe. trade bait or free to a good home, JT, Wills (too small) Id like to see Cox get another shot before deciding on him.

and if anyone (mates with) up before this godforsaken year ends on New years eve when the clock strikes 12, fine them, make them pay, im not going to say trade them, it might be one we need. if its not though, see you later. dont make excuses. we are all doing it hard, and they are in a resort in QLD with every wish their command!

im not slamming anyone for last night. it has been coming. id rather say well done Ruscoe for showing the guts to play it out.

but im truly done AFL, that tunnel to sidey was dangerous and it went against him? there is no way in hell that 50 paid was right, the ball did not travel far enough to be a mark. No push in the back to Daicos, and the throwing, **** me! this new holding interpretation is destroying the game, no one wants to tackle. and dont get me started on the ducking frees, does someone need to break a neck for it to stop being rewarded. **** YOU AFL.

go Pies!

Well said T P, i fully concur with almost all your points, you wrote that with passion and angst, and bitter disappointment. Yep, for decades the League has used Collinwood FC as a bloody cash cow, wel, they can get stuffed from now on, they have screwed us far too often, so stuff fish eyed Gillon and his cronies. NO more Queens arsehole games with the Deeees, their annual GF, bugger that one, no more favours for ailing clubs, no more handouts, etc, we have been bled dry for years and years, time we HTFU. This fixture has crucified us, multiple injuries notwithstanding. The Umps are just atrocious, worst umps ive ever seen, that Stevic hates our guts, and umpires accordingly. Yep, the season is done and dusted for us, play all our kids, see how we go, then retire bout 5 players, usual names, and de list bout 4 more, and go to the Draft and draft best kids we can, Things can turn round fast in footy, look at the Saints, shocking last yr, but with canny recruiting, playing kids, have turned it round fast. I really thiink we do need a top forward too, i still think make a big play for Ben Brown, or Joe, one or the other. Im just going to ride the season out now, and enjoy seeiing us playing more kids, see how they go. Mad Wink

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:48 pm

magpieazza wrote:
I f@#$%ing hate how it looks like now Carlton are on their way up and we never made good of the opportunities we had while we were in our window.
We have the second oldest list in the AFL and honestly its time to rebuild IMO.
Trade Cox, Treloar, De Goey and all our injury plagues players.

Fix the f@#$%ing training ground so our players legs dont get worn down so quickly, if that is the problem.....or train somewhere else!!!

I would even trade Elliot if the trade was right. Time to get some early draft picks in...please.

i take your point but actually we have the 6th oldest list, they did a rundown on the radio last week, and Carlton are actually older than us. trading De Goey is just insane, no way Jose. Confused

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
piedys wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Collingwood during the Buckley era have a poor history at selection by favouring Buckley ‘yes men’. How Lynden Dunn can be on an AFL ground with that body shape is beyond comprehension. It is embarrassing. And Stevenson gets dropped. Ridiculous

His physical condition is pathetic for a professional athlete. He let himself go so I assume that he didn’t believe he was ever going to be playing again.

Thing is, I wouldn't go delisting him from the rookie list in a hurry either for 2021; our talls are all falling over. He knows he is insurance-only now.
he probably didnt think he would play again, he cried when he found out, so that says a lot. how old is he? its a pretty bloody hard routine if your no chance of a game, and while he wasnt much yesterday, i for one will remember fondly his goal last week, sorry, 4 $�$%^%%$ days ago, that would have meant the world to him. yes im part of the problem, too sentimental, but if ever there was a time for sentiment it is these trying times. The AFL hate us, we never get a break, as others said with that fixture, and the injuries from this ridiculous compressed season, and OMFG some of the worst umpiring i have ever seen, WE HAD NO CHANCE. They dont want us to win. we are pretty much the only supporters who stick around in tough times, yes the tiger fans did too, but they take our money and treat us like garbage. the umpiring has to be addressed. i dont want any more melbourne collingwood special day games, yes Daniher is doing amazing things, but the sentiment is against us when we get on the ground. Im $�$%^%%$ over it. someone get Eddie aside, tell him to keep his trap shut unless its for things that help us, like yes, say something about the umpire bias. Clarko got away with it. Make sure we are not propping up any unsustainable clubs, i dont care who they are, pay up or **** off. these are the things we should be standing up for. protect us, because the AF $�$%^%%$ L just use us.

We need a dedicated genuine original fair dinkum forward. Period. what ever it $�$%^%%$ takes. much as id love a fairy tale i know we will never get, this year is done, so play the kids, get rid of the assistance, gets decent ones, Bucks has another year and he wont go, so deal with it. And get tough. dont make excuses for player behaviour. i for one though, wasnt worried about Pendles picking up an opposition player, thats classy, thats sportmanship, unlike their 22 who barely looked at checkers last night. it was an accident, nothing in it but he was clearly out cold, stop the $�$%^%%$ game.

thankyou for the memories, Beams, just pay it out if he wont do the right and moral thing, Dunne, Reid, probably Varcoe. trade bait or free to a good home, JT, Wills (too small) Id like to see Cox get another shot before deciding on him.

and if anyone (mates with) up before this godforsaken year ends on New years eve when the clock strikes 12, fine them, make them pay, im not going to say trade them, it might be one we need. if its not though, see you later. dont make excuses. we are all doing it hard, and they are in a resort in QLD with every wish their command!

im not slamming anyone for last night. it has been coming. id rather say well done Ruscoe for showing the guts to play it out.

but im truly done AFL, that tunnel to sidey was dangerous and it went against him? there is no way in hell that 50 paid was right, the ball did not travel far enough to be a mark. No push in the back to Daicos, and the throwing, **** me! this new holding interpretation is destroying the game, no one wants to tackle. and dont get me started on the ducking frees, does someone need to break a neck for it to stop being rewarded. **** YOU AFL.

go Pies!

Well said T P, i fully concur with almost all your points, you wrote that with passion and angst, and bitter disappointment. Yep, for decades the League has used Collinwood FC as a bloody cash cow, wel, they can get stuffed from now on, they have screwed us far too often, so stuff fish eyed Gillon and his cronies. NO more Queens arsehole games with the Deeees, their annual GF, bugger that one, no more favours for ailing clubs, no more handouts, etc, we have been bled dry for years and years, time we HTFU. This fixture has crucified us, multiple injuries notwithstanding. The Umps are just atrocious, worst umps ive ever seen, that Stevic hates our guts, and umpires accordingly. Yep, the season is done and dusted for us, play all our kids, see how we go, then retire bout 5 players, usual names, and de list bout 4 more, and go to the Draft and draft best kids we can, Things can turn round fast in footy, look at the Saints, shocking last yr, but with canny recruiting, playing kids, have turned it round fast. I really thiink we do need a top forward too, i still think make a big play for Ben Brown, or Joe, one or the other. Im just going to ride the season out now, and enjoy seeiing us playing more kids, see how they go. Mad Wink

cheers mate, 100%!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:20 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
I f@#$%ing hate how it looks like now Carlton are on their way up and we never made good of the opportunities we had while we were in our window.

Fix the f@#$%ing training ground so our players legs dont get worn down so quickly, if that is the problem.....or train somewhere else!!!

I would even trade Elliot if the trade was right. Time to get some early draft picks in...please.

i take your point but actually we have the 6th oldest list, they did a rundown on the radio last week, and Carlton are actually older than us. trading De Goey is just insane, no way Jose. :?

yep thats nuts,
can you imagine it? we trade him, get another dud, and he goes on to win 5 brownlows! for $£$%^%%$ footscum or somebody!

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:13 pm

think positive wrote:
piedys wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:

go Pies!

Well said. But we see can see all the bullshit yet the club won't do anything about it. Why, why?
I'm really concerned for the well fare of the future of the club and culture more importantly, we have no soul, no basic and underpinning fabric we can relate to anymore. Our holding onto old, worn, injury prone list cloggers demonstrates ineptitude and untrustworthy decision makers. We once had a pole here on nicks asking who should be delisted at the end of the year at a time when Ben Reid started his regular soft tissue concerns almost 6 years ago. No one put his name on the list, except me, and this was when he only played 6 or 7 games over two years! We need to be more aggressive on field and especially off. Fans are delusional and loyal to stupidity because a sinking ship won't be setting sail any time soon.
Review the current situation down to the boot studder and start the heads rolling. Publicly broadcast the intentions of the current scheduling and most importantly start an inquiry into the umpiring of the game. C'mon cfc do something.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:15 pm

think positive wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

i take your point but actually we have the 6th oldest list, they did a rundown on the radio last week, and Carlton are actually older than us. trading De Goey is just insane, no way Jose. :?

yep thats nuts,
can you imagine it? we trade him, get another dud, and he goes on to win 5 brownlows! for $�$%^%%$ footscum or somebody!

Yep, knowing our luck hed go to say, the Eagles, and kick the winning goal against us, post siren, in a Prelim Final. Rolling Eyes

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:41 pm

Looks like ESS coming off a 4 day break is copping the same fate as us.
Running out of legs against St.Klit.

Fk you AFL & all your cronies!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:02 pm

simon tonna wrote:

Well said. But we see can see all the bullshit yet the club won't do anything about it. Why, why?

Review the current situation down to the boot studder and start the heads rolling. Publicly broadcast the intentions of the current scheduling and most importantly start an inquiry into the umpiring of the game. C'mon cfc do something.

Yep, great post from TP.

I have a theory about the somewhat insipid output from the Pres this year and probably going forward too. Eddie doesn't want to ruffle any feathers with the AFL, because he has his eyes on the CEO position when Gil leaves. A theory that's a bit way out???? Perhaps he's just got too comfortable in his position to spend much energy standing up for the club and doing everything possible to improve it.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:16 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
... Eddie doesn't want to ruffle any feathers with the AFL, because he has his eyes on the CEO position when Gil leaves. ...

That would be interesting!

That's one way to stop him interfering with the footy department. (It was good when he was on the Rules Committee. He needs distraction.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15   

Jump to: