Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies over Roos. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between Steele and other players is that he sets others up for goals in good positions. He didn’t have the greatest game, but he still kicked a goal, and managed to help set up a few more with quick thinking and football smarts.

Obviously Pendlebury is the same.

That is why Steele’s loss will be massive. Buckley will trot out the ‘one out, one in’ bullshit philosophy, but we all know talent ultimately wins games, finals and premierships.

mattdally 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:23 am

I thought we did alright last night.
North got within 1 point of the Lions last week and were solid for the first half last night. We had a bit more class going forward to get our game going and kick some goals.
Cox wasn't poor - he had a hand in all of our last qtr goals - hopefully he builds on that for this week.

For this week's must win game I'd make the following changes
Out - Apples, Cameron, Sidebottom
Ins - Stevo, Checkers, IQ

Get back to our structure - Cox and Checkers with WHE, Stevo, JT all at their feet. Ruscoe has to stay in - he keeps kicking goals.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:33 am

Good point if we recall our 2018 campaign. It was Cox ,Stevo ,Checkers and Thomas with other opportunistic forward’s winning games
Two years on we put up a solid scoring display and not full on to our best a certain improvement

If the big yank can get some form going we have another young yet opportunity driven kid named Ruscoe ——well Stevo did it first year so this kid can also

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:05 am

surprised that Cox wasn't used in the ruck.
It was Grundy/Cameron
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:12 am

I know Cox is talked up as relief ruck but if they can possibly have a handy ruck to give Grundy a chop out —- and last night it jelled with m
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:36 am

the fuzz wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:
The score review system, the ARC is an absolute farce.

It stands for Absolute Rubbish Calls apparently.

Always Roger Collingwood!

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:03 am

Our forward line remains grossly unstructured. I cannot work out whether the forwards can't read the flight of the ball or whether the delivery is perpetually rank - or a combination of the two. I lost count of the number of times our forwards watched the ball sail over their heads on inside 50 entries. Cox was - as usual - the main culprit but he was not alone by any means. Notwithstanding that I thought he was much better lat night and worth persisting with. I still maintain that with some decent mentoring he could be something.

I am buoyed with confidence over our recent recruits - Ruscoe, Kelly, and IQ in particular. I think we have a decent herd of cattle and certainly a list that can be molded into a quality team. A key forward is the obvious deficiency and I wouldn't be opposed to recruiting a senior player to mentor Cox, Kelly, etc. I do remain very concerned about our forward line, particularly coaching and structures. This needs urgent attention.

The back line remains our strength and despite the loss of our defensive coach we seem to be well drilled. The return of Howe will bolster that line. Moore is continuing to go from strength to strength and he seems to have managed to get over his soft tissue concerns. Perhaps the strength and conditioning staff are capable of adapting?!?!

I am very concerned about our midfield talent. The Pig was particularly good for his first game back. He did fade in the second half but that is understandable given his lack of match fitness. He's worth another year, I reckon. Pendles and Steele will not be around forever and save for Adams, I don't think we have the talent. I am undecided on Treloar. Yes, he accumulates, but his disposals are largely inefficient. We need more talent in the middle and this should be our focus come the next few drafts / trade periods. I have a soft spot for both Sier and Wills but concede that Wills is not AFL quality - he simply hates to dispose by foot and that gets him into trouble more often than not. Sier is a different prospect. He has the talent but I'm not convinced about his attitude.

I'm not expecting a great result next week - I've been dreading it for a while now - and I can't see us doing much damage in the weeks thereafter. If we do manage to fall into finals I'm afraid we don't have the structures or game plan that will hold up against the best.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:26 am

Next week hopeful INS:

* Rantall
* Mihocek
* Stevo (if he cares)
* Quaynor

OUTS:

Appleby: retired
Varcoe: retired
Steele: Out of Hub
Mason: omitted

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:40 am

Given our depleted forward line, I was actually pleased to get the win.

Cox should stay in the side, but being 7 ft tall and taking just 1 (or was it 2?) chest mark, doesn't seem good enough to me. I liked his tap work and tackling, and he definitely is trying, but in truth, he doesn't do anywhere near enough imo.....except that we don't have anyone better to take his spot. Once Mihocek returns, I think Cameron will lose his spot - possibly out injured anyway.

I like Ruscoe. The kid is a goer and quite tough. Greenwood was a real physical presence and helped provide missing grunt around packs. I'm not convinced with Appleby, but he probably deserves to keep his spot for another week.

As others have noted, Madgen has gone from strength to strength this season and is a tough and reliable presence in defence.

Overall we are a reasonably good team, but without De Goey, Howe, Quaynor and Treloar, we aren't a great team.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:50 am

Clearly we can win games when the players decide to make the effort. First quarter they obviously didn’t want to be there
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:51 am

We miss howe the most to me treloar is now cooked could be trade bait this year and de goey isnt as good as 2018 anymore more concerned on his hair and tattoos.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:55 am

If as you say about Treloar and JDG and am not sold on it we must find others either at trade or from our stable

The Ruscoe inclusion is a fore runner to a newer team construction but more is needed

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:25 pm

Did greenwood get sited for that tackle i feel he might have i must say greenwood was a very welcome inclusion adds toughness which we are lacking.Does anyone know about it. Also were there any new injury came out of the game. All i know cameron fell on his lower back and didnt look great.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:37 pm

How good (again) was Daicos's goal. Got me out of my seat (on the sofa)
alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:56 pm

watt price tully wrote:
How good (again) was Daicos's goal. Got me out of my seat (on the sofa)

It feels like only he can kick those goals haha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: