Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies over Roos. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He has kicked a real class goal a few times and I can’t wait to see if he can be a multiple goal scorer
I think it was our premiership year 1990 Peter got close to the ton. 97 I think

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:07 pm

the fuzz wrote:

Coxy was good. People are going to focus on a couple of bad contests.
How about the good ones? Nice lead, mark, goal. A couple of good ball to ground contests. A great bump in the F50 that spilled the ball and that tackle when the roo tried to baulk him on the mark! It should have lead to a direct goal, though it was blown through a bad I50.

Yep, excellent points fuzz.
The forward line functions better when Coxy is in there and has the confidence to get amongst it (by the way, well done to Tay for beckoning his team mates to get around Mason when he kicked his goal). No, he's not the star full forward that other teams have, but his contributions are valuable nonetheless. Another thing that is always overlooked is that opposing forwards often struggle with accuracy when Coxy is standing the mark, for obvious reasons.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:14 pm

I’ll add my penny,s worth on Mason using this old school saying slightly changed. A goal saved is a goal earned 🤪

Well he kicked one assisted another three and saved one

I’d say he earned his nights pay for his contribution and the confidence he spread around

He is paramount to team structure and till last night was not sure of that

Get a few players back who can be around when he does good and goals WILL come

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:26 pm

I just got thru watching Pie TV best 5 and was thrilled to see the commitment

Varcoe going for the ball knowing it would be a physical challenge

Greenwood crashes a player hard and fair

Daicos twice. The tackle that spilled to Tay for a goal then buttered up to do what Varcoe had done —win the ball also aware of physical consicquenses result in a gr8 goal

The team stepped up to accept boldness can be a friend

the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:46 pm

We did show some toughness last night.
Another one to add was Mayne when he put his body on the line. Ended up with a bloody ear and we ended up with a goal. Tough stuff! Loved it.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:51 pm

Yes Mayne too —-now they must produce that brand on a consistent basis and anyone not willing enjoy the remaining scratch matches
JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:29 pm

After a ghastly and shambolic opening quarter to the game, Collingwood got going against North Melbourne during the second term, before pulling away in the second half to prevail by 5 goals (30 points). The Magpies were able to generate ball movement from defence, where handball receivers would be used at every opportunity as often as marks were taken to maintain possession, before switching the play at stages to allow continuous play into the attacking arc, where very few marks were taken, which meant the Woods had to work harder for their goals, but did enough to conjure their third-best score of the season (65) to indicate that they may have turned the corner on the scoreboard.

Collingwood got their gains from disposals by +27 (359 - 332), kicks by +2 (194 - 192), handballs were +25 (165 - 140), +5 for contested possessions (118 - 113), uncontested possessions had an advantage of +19 (236 - 217), uncontested marks by +2 (79 - 77), and stoppage clearances were won by +4 (18 - 14). The Kangaroos won their categories via marks by +3 (88 - 85), Contested Marks by +5 (11 - 6), Marks Inside 50 were won by +7 (9 - 2), while hit-outs had a differential of +4 (28 - 24), +3 for clearances (27 - 24), with centre clearances won by +7 (13 - 6). Tackles were won by +6 (46 - 40), and intercept possessions were +2 (63 - 61). Inside 50s (43 apiece) and Tackles Inside 50 (3 each) were the only categories that were level in the aftermath.

Taylor Adams (31 disposals @ 64%, 477 metres gained, 11 contested possessions, 20 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 17 kicks, 14 handballs, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 6 score involvements, 5 clearances, 3 centre clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 4 Inside 50s & 1 goal) is having a career-best season in 2020, and performed brilliantly yet again. Adams leads by example with his actions, and it is evident for all to see.

Scott Pendlebury (28 disposals @ 86%, 382 metres gained, 12 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 11 kicks, 17 handballs, 4 marks, 3 tackles, 5 score involvements, 2 clearances, 2 stoppage clearances, 5 Inside 50s & 1 goal) was back to his vintage best, with his creativity allowing plenty of opportunities to score. It was also nice watching Pendlebury kick his first goal of the season.

Chris Mayne (24 disposals @ 96%, 5 contested possessions, 19 uncontested possessions, 6 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 14 handballs, 5 marks, 2 score involvements, 2 clearances & 2 stoppage clearances) worked very hard to win his possessions, yet he showed no aggression with his decision-making. Mayne always took the safe and low-risk option to avoid exposed errors on the counter-attack. Be a bit bolder with your ball use, Chris.

Steele Sidebottom (23 disposals @ 74%, 272 metres gained, 10 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 14 kicks, 9 handballs, 5 tackles, 6 score involvements, 4 clearances, 4 stoppage clearances, 4 Inside 50s, 2 Rebound 50s & 1 goal) signed off his exit from Queensland in fine style, ahead of the birth of his first child in Victoria. Sidebottom may not make it back to play finals, so everybody in the side needs to lift in his absence.

Brayden Maynard (26 dispsoals @ 85%, 667 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 22 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 22 kicks, 4 handballs, 6 marks, 6 tackles, 6 score involvements, 2 Inside 50s & 5 Rebound 50s) was chiefly responsible for saving Collingwood's bacon for the majority of the night by booting it long from defence at every opportunity to avert any danger and threat that North Melbourne posed to his team. As the game got longer, Maynard's teammates were able to capitalise on his dominance by scoring from his rebounds.

Jack Crisp (18 disposals @ 83%, 490 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 10 kicks, 8 handballs, 3 marks, 4 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 5 Rebound 50s) started slowly, before getting better as the game went longer. Gained territory at every opportunity to compliment his cohort Brayden Maynard. Both of them (Crisp & Maynard) are going to be critical players in ensuring Collingwood win their remaining matches to play finals later.

Jack Madgen (18 disposals @ 83%, 269 metres gained, 3 contested possessions, 15 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 7 handballs, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 5 score involvements & 3 Rebound 50s) played his most assured game of the season to suggest he can play his role well in the immediate future. Took his marks, and contributed nicely to the team's ball movement.

John Noble (17 disposals @ 88%, 156 metres gained, 4 contested possessions, 13 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 8 kicks, 9 handballs, 4 marks, 2 tackles & 2 Rebound 50s) chose to be conservative with his decision-making by kicking short to maintain possession, and handpassed on the run when he did not kick the pill from the defensive arc.

Darcy Moore (16 disposals @ 81%, 305 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 11 uncontested possessions, 10 intercept possessions, 9 kicks, 7 handballs, 6 marks, 2 score involvements & 6 Rebound 50s) was able to find time to take crucial marks behind the ball, and generate significant ball movement going forward.

Josh Daicos (22 disposals @ 77%, 227 metres gained, 6 contested possessions, 16 uncontested possessions, 4 intercept possessions, 11 kicks, 11 handballs, 3 marks, 3 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 1 goal) gave his side the spark it needed with a brilliant snap that resulted in a goal in the second term that turned the tide and contest in Collingwood's favour thereafter. Found a lot of the ball to keep the ball movement ticking over as well.

Will Hoskin-Elliott (19 disposals @ 68%, 220 metres gained, 5 contested possessions, 14 uncontested possessions, 10 marks, 5 score involvements, 3 Inside 50s & 1 goal) roamed up the wings and flanks to take his marks, and rewarded himself with a very simple goal in the last quarter in his best game of the season.

Josh Thomas (12 disposals @ 58%, 137 metres gained, 7 contested possessions, 5 uncontested possessions, 6 kicks, 6 handballs, 2 marks, 2 score involvements, 3 clearances, 3 stoppage clearances, 2 Inside 50s & 1 goal) found enough the ball, but didn't do a lot with it. Was able to score a goal against the run of play when goals were hard to come by. Not much else apart from that.

Flynn Appleby (9 disposals @ 67%, 5 contested possessions, 4 uncontested possessions, 3 intercept possessions, 4 kicks, 5 handballs, 2 tackles, 3 score involvements & 1 goal) kicked his first goal for the Magpies, and could easily have had another couple of goals. Still learning as a forward after starting with the Magpies as a defender in 2018.

Trey Ruscoe (6 disposals @ 67%, 3 contested possessions, 3 uncontested possessions, 4 kicks, 2 handballs, 4 score involvements & 2 goals) booted multiple goals for the second time in his career to the date to give his side reward for effort.

Mason Cox (5 disposals @ 80%, 4 contested possessions, 2 kicks, 3 handballs, 2 goal assists, 4 score involvements & 1 goal) had an atrocious opening to the game, before putting Collingwood in front with a goal after taking a simple mark. Provided a contest after that for his teammates at ground level to score goals. Bring the ball to ground at all times if you can't mark the pill, Mason.

Collingwood's next game will be against Carlton on August 30 at the Gabba. This game will feel like a final, and the Magpies will need to keep the wood on the Blues to give them the blues (depression) by equalling the all-time win-loss record on Sunday and edge closer to another finals berth in the process.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:40 pm

CrossPie18 wrote:
Haff wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:
The score review system, the ARC, is an absolute farce.
incorrect. Go back and watch them both. Both the correct decision.

Agree. Frustrating, but correct decisions, both of them.

The 2nd one (ball kicked by North player over the line) - correct - really? Look at it again in real time, and not the "timelapse/merged frame" view. There is no way that was kicked on the line...even the North player knew he hadn't.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:45 pm

the fuzz wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
I just got thru watching Pie TV best 5 and was thrilled to see the commitment

Varcoe going for the ball knowing it would be a physical challenge

Greenwood crashes a player hard and fair

Daicos twice. The tackle that spilled to Tay for a goal then buttered up to do what Varcoe had done —win the ball also aware of physical consicquenses result in a gr8 goal

The team stepped up to accept boldness can be a friend

We did show some toughness last night.
Another one to add was Mayne when he put his body on the line. Ended up with a bloody ear and we ended up with a goal. Tough stuff! Loved it.

Yes the toughness was what stood out - the Pies learnt from last year's upset loss to the Roos where they physically bullied us, and several players were heavily criticised - Greenwood was one and you could see he had a point to prove. This time we knew what to expect and we were not only ready, but struck first with the same tactic. I have no doubt that toughness was a focus based on last year's shock loss.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:47 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Clearly we can win games when the players decide to make the effort. First quarter they obviously didn’t want to be there

Agree, and disagree. I felt we dominated the first qtr in general play, just that our disposal efficiency was terrible - we gifted them 2 goals from terrible backline kicks straight to their forwards - apart from that we were on top.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:15 pm

Well I thought we matched them with intensity in 1st qtr and our efforts were diluted by some atrocious over use of ball ,poor decisions—in fact it flattered them

When we took stock and got back to better decisions with ball and our fierce pressure on their ball carriers it was game over just waiting to happen

The mids got going and if it slipped their grasp Crisp ,Moore Magden and Bruzz rebounded ball back into our fifty

That said they want to be tuned in at the get go from now on

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:34 pm

Very similar to the Adelaide game. Played a shit opponent, a poor first half and then a better second half.

So cant read anything into the result as we got smashed after the Adelaide game. Carlton will be much tougher than the Crows, North and even the Dees.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:43 pm

Yes those Princes Park Flibberty Gibits raise the bar with their hate for us

A mediocre Blue side becomes better against us. But we must beat them cos Brizzey & Snort won’t be a cakewalk

Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:25 pm

BazBoy wrote:
He has kicked a real class goal a few times and I can’t wait to see if he can be a multiple goal scorer
I think it was our premiership year 1990 Peter got close to the ton. 97 I think

Yes, went into the Granny on 95. A win and 5 Daicos goals on the day was my wish.

97 for the season after missing a couple of early rounds through suspension for rough play was a fair effort. Kicked some beautiful 60m torps that year.

Has a small forward ever cracked the ton in a season, or beaten 97?
jatsad 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:13 am

90 nice wrote:
We miss howe the most to me treloar is now cooked could be trade bait this year and de goey isnt as good as 2018 anymore more concerned on his hair and tattoos.

JDG plays one game in 7 weeks, kicks 5 goals and then unfortunately stuffs a finger and you say he only cares about his hair and tattoos.
Treloar may be struggling with the hammy but Moore had the same issues but is good now so to say he is cooked is a huge stretch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: