Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Lions. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
Seth wrote:
Buckley’s time has finished. Simple as that. 5 goals for a match. Backwards handball under pressure game plan. Terrible selections weekly. Just rubbish.

so is Fagan's time finished? Brisbane got 6 goals for an entire game.

Fagan has got Brisbane from cellar dweller to a chance in three years. Buckley took over a side that should have been back to back premiers. Sacked the rat pack and it's been all down hill for the last 10 years. Forget 2018, that was an absolute fluke. Buckley will never coach a premiership team and he virtually admitted it on AFL360 during the week.

One very telling factor on Seven's coverage last night was interviews aired with Pies players at half time. They commented on their relationship with the coach. Not one of them said their relationship concerned footy. They said Bucks was a life mentor and a great bloke. Not a single player said he is a serious influence in football. Reminded me of when he said that the players had to inspire themselves. Yeah, that's worked well. Hasn't it?
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:41 pm

I favour Moore in the back line. He is a shit forward. He has no awareness in the forward line and is an even worse shot on goal
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:48 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
IM outa here now fed up with negativity that permeats this place at times, as Barassi says, " injuries are reasons, not excuses. " Exclamation

Goodbye then. Hopefully when you do come back we'll have a new coach, a new recruiting manager and we might even be building a champion side. We are simply one of the ugliest sides to watch playing footy ever.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:56 pm

masoncox wrote:
After the game I watched melbourne storm beat the rabbits with a come from behind win.
They had a crap load of injured players like us.
But the difference?
One is probably the best run club ever.... and it is not collingwood.
Melbourne Storm ....absolute champions in never say die.

Hear, Hear. Go Storm.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:34 pm

Seth wrote:
Fagan has got Brisbane from cellar dweller to a chance in three years. Buckley took over a side that should have been back to back premiers. Sacked the rat pack and it's been all down hill for the last 10 years. Forget 2018, that was an absolute fluke. Buckley will never coach a premiership team and he virtually admitted it on AFL360 during the week.

So cut to the chase dude. Who do you want to coach Collingwood? Is this a realistic option? Is he available to coach next season? Spill who you want and why? Otherwise all you are doing is adding to the noise with absolutely rubbish comments🙄😡

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:48 pm

So Buckley decides to give Moore one quarter on the forward line and those who bag him for never trying anything or having no plan B, then criticise Buckley for sending him forward ( Moore was a forward in his early days)

We were behind, he tried a Hail Mary and we ended up being beaten narrowly by a team sitting second on the ladder.
Nothing changes. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:53 pm

Indeed. Moore was said (by some idiots) to be the reason we no longer needed Travis Cloke.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:55 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
So Buckley decides to give Moore one quarter on the forward line and those who bag him for never trying anything or having no plan B, then criticise Buckley for sending him forward ( Moore was a forward in his early days)

We were behind, he tried a Hail Mary and we ended up being beaten narrowly by a team sitting second on the ladder.

Throw Moore up forward, or don't do it.

Buckley's failures aren't where Moore plays. It's that so many players are playing below their best. If the coaches role isn't to get the players to play at their best, then I don't know what their roles are.

The entire coaching group is underperforming.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:17 pm

shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
IM outa here now fed up with negativity that permeats this place at times, as Barassi says, " injuries are reasons, not excuses. " Exclamation

Goodbye then. Hopefully when you do come back we'll have a new coach, a new recruiting manager and we might even be building a champion side. We are simply one of the ugliest sides to watch playing footy ever.

with u and your fellow drones constant negativity, constant pissing an moaning, i wont hold my breath. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
CakeWalkin 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:04 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Indeed. Moore was said (by some idiots) to be the reason we no longer needed Travis Cloke.

Clokes first 3 seasons scoring:

15 games - 10.16
15 games - 6.12
22 games - 32.33

Total = 52 games - 48 goals, 61 behinds

Moore's first 3 seasons:

9 games - 9.3
17 games - 24.14
21 games - 25.19

Total = 47 games - 58 goals, 26 points

I am a firm believer that if Moore had continued in the forward line he would now be a 50+ goals a year fwd.
CakeWalkin 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:13 pm

I think the alternate reality is that right now it should be that:

Moore should be our best Fwd
Elliot should be our 2nd best fwd
Daicos should be our 3rd best fwd

DeGoey should be our best midfielder

Our forward line model should be:

Daicos 30-50 goals - Moore 40-60 goals - Elliot 30-50 goals

However NONE of the 3 are full-time fwds

FF) Daicos Moore Elliot
HF) Steele Mihocek Stephenson
C) Treloar Pendlebury Thomas

Foll) Grundy DeGoey Adams

Last edited by CakeWalkin on Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:18 pm

You forgot the next year, when Moore played forward and broke down numerous time and played just 7 games. That's 54 games out of a possible 91 games.

His body failed him as a forward.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:23 pm
Post subject: GoodReply with quote

shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Look criticism is a democratic right and certainly worthy in the case of Collingwood. Those on this site that obsessively post and can’t take any view different to their own should leave and refrain from posting. I cop personal and disgraceful attacks when I post, yet I merely laugh it off. I find one poster on here rather nasty and find it interesting that same poster threatens to leave when anyone differs with them . Unbelievable arrogance and immaturity. Collingwood needs more courageous fans prepared to stand up to the current administration and pitiful on field efforts. That’s why we pay our membership. We have skin in the game and have invested our hard earned money for decades. How dare any poster suggest we can’t criticise failure . Go away and stay off this site if you don’t like freedom of speech. Or better still declare you a club plant or just a totalitarian lover. I think the real heroes at our Club are some of the posters on this site who dare to question failure and criticise poor performance. I am proud of the mods who allow free speech and uphold the best traditions of a healthy democracy.

CakeWalkin 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:23 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
You forgot the next year, when Moore played forward and broke down numerous time and played just 7 games. That's 54 games out of a possible 91 games.

His body failed him as a forward.

So? Elliot had worse and came back good.

Moore wasn't put fwd because of Mason Cox and the emergence of JDG. But don't forget who gifted Cox his first goal mate!

Moore is an excellent field kick and sets up a lot of goals too unlike Cloke.

Now that JDG had a few injuries should we play him off half-back against the Suns???? By your theory if we play him in defense we can keep him injury free
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:30 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

Throw Moore up forward, or don't do it.

Buckley's failures aren't where Moore plays. It's that so many players are playing below their best. If the coaches role isn't to get the players to play at their best, then I don't know what their roles are.

The entire coaching group is underperforming.

I would have thought your point and my point are both mutually exclusive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 15 of 19   

Jump to: