Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Lions. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I said after the Melbourne game our season is shot. We need to be playing kids like Ruscoe, Randall and Bianco for the sake of the future. Unfortunately Buckley won’t see it that way, particularly with De Goey set to resume playing. He’ll still be thinking premierships. In my humble opinion that won’t be happening.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:48 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
I said after the Melbourne game our season is shot. We need to be playing kids like Ruscoe, Randall and Bianco for the sake of the future. Unfortunately Buckley won’t see it that way, particularly with De Goey set to resume playing. He’ll still be thinking premierships. In my humble opinion that won’t be happening.

We've already played Ruscoe, Lynch, Kelly, Cameron, Tyler Brown, Appleby, Bossanova and Keane. How many more do you want us to play, before you'll give Bucks credit for giving new players a go?
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:40 pm

Play Jett Buckley!
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:45 pm

To some degree pies were looking the goods early in the first quarter say the first 7 mins. They went to the kicking game and played with more direction and cleaner disposal. Reverted back to the bloody handball bs and it all got unstuck. Always happens.
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:55 pm
Post subject: Re: GoodReply with quote

shawthing wrote:

Well said Hiss. And I agree about the mods too mate. They are doing a terrific job at the moment letting everyone have their say. It will only make the club stronger.

I'm with Piesnchess. Trolls don't make the club stronger and don't have anything constructive to contribute - the operative word is Supporter. If your not one shut up.
Trav Cloke had plenty to say about the undermining social media does to players confidence. If you want more Dane Beams scenarios keep it up. Cheap shots from the sidelines are cowardly and I don't believe everyone on these forums are collingwood fans.

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:18 pm

^I agree. There's one poster on here who only ever crawls out from under their rock to kick Collingwood when we're down. I don't know why the mods haven't deleted their account.

Last edited by Sicks Bux on Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:49 pm

90 nice wrote:
To some degree pies were looking the goods early in the first quarter say the first 7 mins. They went to the kicking game and played with more direction and cleaner disposal. Reverted back to the bloody handball bs and it all got unstuck. Always happens.

Buckley doesn’t “ revert “ back to a handball game at all.
Simply and there is no other explanation, the opposition improve their pressure levels ( or we drop ours ) and we are then forced into mistakes.
Do you think any coach says “ we’ve been doing to much right, so now I want you all to go out and do the opposite “

Sometimes you just have to credit to the opposition for taking our strengths away from us. And giving credit to the opposition is something you never see on here because all the knockers find it easier to heap every aspect of every loss all back on Buckley.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:55 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:

We've already played Ruscoe, Lynch, Kelly, Cameron, Tyler Brown, Appleby, Bossanova and Keane. How many more do you want us to play, before you'll give Bucks credit for giving new players a go?

While you’re any chance to play finals, you’re obliged to play your best 22 available ( however that looks, either with kids or not )
Were currently 7th on ladder with a bye and troops on the way back.
Hardly a good time to be trying new players with a view to the future .... yet.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:01 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
K wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Well, I had a look at the replay of the second quarter today...

That was brave of you. Not pleasant viewing.

I watched Cats on Amazon last night as well.I must be a glutton for punishment.What a week- end I’ve had! Smile

That is one seriously strange movie.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:00 pm

shawthing wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Seth wrote:
Buckley’s time has finished. Simple as that. 5 goals for a match. Backwards handball under pressure game plan. Terrible selections weekly. Just rubbish.

so is Fagan's time finished? Brisbane got 6 goals for an entire game.

Fagan has got Brisbane from cellar dweller to a chance in three years. Buckley took over a side that should have been back to back premiers. Sacked the rat pack and it's been all down hill for the last 10 years. Forget 2018, that was an absolute fluke. Buckley will never coach a premiership team and he virtually admitted it on AFL360 during the week.

One very telling factor on Seven's coverage last night was interviews aired with Pies players at half time. They commented on their relationship with the coach. Not one of them said their relationship concerned footy. They said Bucks was a life mentor and a great bloke. Not a single player said he is a serious influence in football. Reminded me of when he said that the players had to inspire themselves. Yeah, that's worked well. Hasn't it?

So when players speak of MM as a mentor and great bloke that’s fine - but with Bucks it’s a problem.
Get a grip sunshine.
Pep 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:33 pm

We had 8 players who have played less than 50(ish) games each... (the lions had 4)
Stevo: 51
C.Brown: 48
Daicos: 31
Noble: 18
Magden: 17
Quaynor: 11
T.Brown: 7
Lynch: 1

Thats over a third of the team, it's no wonder we crumble when the pressure is put on as the experience is just not there on the field to soak it up, or the the poise/skills to execute kicks/handballs under pressure, we are relying to heavily on the more experienced players to compensate or vice versa the less experienced players to contribute.

The fact we only lost by 8 points to the 2nd place team should not be discounted. or the fact that we could of won it in the last qtr.

Injuries have played its part again... but add De Goey, Sidey, Howe, Treloar and even Mayne and the result would of been different, the lions were missing Martin and maybe McCarthy...

This tells me that our side is coached well enough to be competitive but with so much inexperience in the team we will come unstuck more often than not when the pressure is applied...

But the delivery into the forward line has to be better, and needs to be focused on for the suns game.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:53 pm

Concede 5 goals in a quarter in a shortened game and you are going to loose, particularly if you can't kick 1 yourself.

For all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, take that quarter out of the equation and its a good win, especially if Checkers doesn't drop that sitter in the goal square

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:19 pm

K wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
K wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

I watched Cats on Amazon last night as well.I must be a glutton for punishment.What a week- end I’ve had! Smile

Yes,it is very strange.I only watched it to see if it was as bad as everyone was saying,and it was.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:20 pm

K wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
K wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Yes,it is very strange,I only watched it to see if it was as bad as everyone was saying,and it was.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:54 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Yes,it is very strange,I only watched it to see if it was as bad as everyone was saying,and it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXQjEInvGrQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19   

Jump to: