Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Lions. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Seth wrote:
So when players speak of MM as a mentor and great bloke that’s fine - but with Bucks it’s a problem. Get a grip sunshine.

Brilliant comment but your rationality will go way over the heads of the Buckley haters who just love to post such nonsense😡 When we win, they go back to their caves and sook🤬 Fairweather chumps😤

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:22 am

RudeBoy wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
I said after the Melbourne game our season is shot. We need to be playing kids like Ruscoe, Randall and Bianco for the sake of the future. Unfortunately Buckley won’t see it that way, particularly with De Goey set to resume playing. He’ll still be thinking premierships. In my humble opinion that won’t be happening.

We've already played Ruscoe, Lynch, Kelly, Cameron, Tyler Brown, Appleby, Bossanova and Keane. How many more do you want us to play, before you'll give Bucks credit for giving new players a go?

Hear, hear.

As if any coach ever put the cue in the rack from 7th position with 2 games to go.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:57 am

I’m still gutted by that loss. A poor showing where their desire and attack on the ball made “us” look slow, reactive and second to the ball most of the time.

Grundy was well nullified indeed beaten at times by McInierny and for me that’s where it started and stopped in many respects.

CakeWalkin 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:46 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I said after the Melbourne game our season is shot. We need to be playing kids like Ruscoe, Randall and Bianco for the sake of the future. Unfortunately Buckley won’t see it that way, particularly with De Goey set to resume playing. He’ll still be thinking premierships. In my humble opinion that won’t be happening.

We've already played Ruscoe, Lynch, Kelly, Cameron, Tyler Brown, Appleby, Bossanova and Keane. How many more do you want us to play, before you'll give Bucks credit for giving new players a go?

Hear, hear.

As if any coach ever put the cue in the rack from 7th position with 2 games to go.

7th position 2 games to go is about when the doggies started their run in 2016

Pre Premiership signs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-udhPHIMMM

Pre Premiership signs hopefully: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCr4ubCDqpE&t=194s
CakeWalkin 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:52 pm

^
We also play a Mirrored game style
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:11 pm
Post subject: Re: GoodReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
IM outa here now fed up with negativity that permeats this place at times, as Barassi says, " injuries are reasons, not excuses. " Exclamation

Goodbye then. Hopefully when you do come back we'll have a new coach, a new recruiting manager and we might even be building a champion side. We are simply one of the ugliest sides to watch playing footy ever.

Look criticism is a democratic right and certainly worthy in the case of Collingwood. Those on this site that obsessively post and can’t take any view different to their own should leave and refrain from posting. I cop personal and disgraceful attacks when I post, yet I merely laugh it off. I find one poster on here rather nasty and find it interesting that same poster threatens to leave when anyone differs with them . Unbelievable arrogance and immaturity. Collingwood needs more courageous fans prepared to stand up to the current administration and pitiful on field efforts. That’s why we pay our membership. We have skin in the game and have invested our hard earned money for decades. How dare any poster suggest we can’t criticise failure . Go away and stay off this site if you don’t like freedom of speech. Or better still declare you a club plant or just a totalitarian lover. I think the real heroes at our Club are some of the posters on this site who dare to question failure and criticise poor performance. I am proud of the mods who allow free speech and uphold the best traditions of a healthy democracy.

You know you just contradicted your own argument. Careful getting down off you own soapbox, it's stacked pretty high.

Pretty hard to have a objective discussion with such closed and spewed out viewpoints - "sack the coach" and usual lack of insights into a match, along with the toxic bile without any shade. How long do you sit and listen to that? Ultimately your audience tires.

Anyway, I digress. I'd be interested if regular game attendees to Melbourne games are having difficulty viewing the game from a narrow "down the camera lens" of Ch7 / Fox coverage? (let alone the banal commentary that goes with it)
One thing I missed in going to our live games regularly is seeing how the structure of the game unfolded. I've now been to all our games up here in Brisbane, as well as several others, and it's certainly given me fresh perspective.

It continues to resemble a game of soccer, built around possession and line breaks with limited scoring opportunities. All sides are attempting to do it, not many getting it right, and a big reason why the scoring is so low. Without quick and precise movement, it allows backmen to set up and quash forward 50 entries or it gets turned over before it gets there from players trying to break lines with handballs that don't put teammates into space. (Treloar, Phillips)
Our poor disposal efficiency has been laid bare for all to see. The list of players we want to see with ball in hand doesn't run deep enough.

Stepho, who knows? Is it glandular linked fatigue? He just isn't demanding the ball and lacks defensive accountability. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's also frustrated by the disposal efficiency. He created enough leads, just didn't get spotted or it was not delivered to him. Hard to reconcile the player we knew with the one we have now.

I thought when we swung Moore forward in an effort to win the match that Mihocek could have gone back. That decision had to be better from the box.

Grundy, looked tired in the last 2 matches (if not more), but effort is there. An issue is where our mids body positioning at a ruck contest needs coaching input. Adams is great in a scrap for the ball but taps to advantage don't work if you're behind your opponent. Pendles does it well which gives the likes of outside players in Elliott the chance to use the ball. Not convinced either Sier or Wills has the class we need here. JDG is the solution.

Anyway, a few observations. How to fix it? Look, getting JDG, Sidebottom and Treloar back will improve our output, but without getting 1st use of the ball out of the centre, (where we got chopped up by the Lions mids) it makes it hard.

Reckon I saw the Premiers on Sunday. As bad as Essendon were, the Cats with 5 to come back in are going to be hard to stop.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:59 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Reckon I saw the Premiers on Sunday. As bad as Essendon were, the Cats with 5 to come back in are going to be hard to stop.

Cats are in great form alright. As they were in 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019...

Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:46 pm

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:

Investors should be aware that past performance is not indicative of future performance
tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:23 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:

Good call

tbaker 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:30 am

LaurieHolden wrote:
I'd be interested if regular game attendees to Melbourne games are having difficulty viewing the game from a narrow "down the camera lens" of Ch7 / Fox coverage? (let alone the banal commentary that goes with it)
One thing I missed in going to our live games regularly is seeing how the structure of the game unfolded. I've now been to all our games up here in Brisbane, as well as several others, and it's certainly given me fresh perspective.

Yes, certainly is different watching it through a narrow view. Much of the excitement when being at the game is seeing the opportunity further down the field when a play is unfolding (e.g. can see when & why the players want to switch the ball). The tv coverage is terrible - especially when they cut to something off-field and cut off part of the actual play (usually for totally irrelevant shots of a player on the bench, or headed down the race, or a coach's reaction to something). And fox's "picture in picture" is too big and ill-placed that it more often than not obscures the real play that's happening!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:28 pm

CakeWalkin wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Hear, hear.

Pre Premiership signs hopefully: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCr4ubCDqpE&t=194s

Love your optimism. Please quote me when our season is over.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:28 pm

CakeWalkin wrote:
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Hear, hear.

Love your optimism. Please quote me when our season is over.

The problem with playing anything less than the perceived best 22 available ( whether that include kids or not ) is the message it sends out to the other players.
The moment you start gifting games to kids or even players who limp to milestones, is that the rest of the playing group start questioning why do I bother to bust a gut to play finals every year.
Imagine if leaders like Pendlebury, Adams, Grundy Howe Sidey etc formed the belief that finals weren’t our only focus. They aren’t there just to kick start a few kids careers off and running.
The Dees did it during their tanking days and it destroyed the fabric of their club for many years to follow.
Playing anyone less than the “ perceived “ best players available is ( or at least should be ) a not negotiable within any elite level team sport environment.

Having said that, if we had NO CHANCE to make the eight, I accept there is a point in a season where the benefit of giving a couple young players experience overrides the selection of players whose careers are close to an end ........ But we aren’t there yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19   

Jump to: