Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Suns. Round 17.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good in,s Now to beat them beach bum,s
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:42 pm

Love De Goey and Treloar but not a Fan of Varcoe coming Back
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:09 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

How does Stevo get dropped for Varcoe who was washed up as a footballer at the end of last year? Just ridiculous. And the only way Phillips wasn’t going to play was he got himself injured. Just as ridiculous he lasted this long after playing one decent game in 12 months.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:12 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

yep
Varcoe should be named the yo-yo.
CakeWalkin 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:29 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

How does Stevo get dropped for Varcoe who was washed up as a footballer at the end of last year? Just ridiculous. And the only way Phillips wasn’t going to play was he got himself injured. Just as ridiculous he lasted this long after playing one decent game in 12 months.

Phillips is Grundy's best buddy, he doesn't get dropped from the team.

It amazes me that Phillips has earned a Pendlebury like status from Buckley. bloody joke
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:43 pm

Varcoe???
Goodness gracious me.
Would have thought a game against a lower team may have just been the fillip Stephenson May have needed to get back to his 2018 form.

Harbrow back for them for the first time in a month is a shame. Our slow forwardline will struggle to get a hand on him.

Well, fingers crossed we win, and then keep our finals destiny (that is, not finishing 8th and having to travel to Perth) in our own hands.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:43 pm

Oh well I agree with Varcoe’s selection. We have lacked toughness with our tackling and many opponents have wriggled our of soft tackles. When Varcoe tackles it is most often a turnover. It’s not all about attack, turning defence into attack through a tackle is paramount to our success. Jayden can work himself back through the magoos and think about how he let the club down at a crucial point of the season. I expect Varcs to play really well and apply relentless pressure. Go ‘Pies, you can and will win this by a couple of goals.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:55 pm

Mentioning Stevo and tackling in the same sentence is interesting

His version of tackle and Varcoe,s are miles apart—Varcoe may been close to the end of his career but if Stevo wants to continues his he better toughen up

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:58 pm

Love JDG and Adz in, but I would not have brought in Varcoe for Stepho. Not sure why Ruscoe has been sidelined. Dropping Stepho at this point in time (just before finals) could prove destructive. We don't know what is happening with Stepho's head space right now. Will dropping him make him fight to win back his place next week? How can he actually do that, given this is now the second last game? Is there another scratch match for him to prove that he should be reselected? Will dropping him just discourage him more?
On the surface, I don't understand why we have dropped Stepho for Varcoe. I would want Stepho to get himself in synch again with JDG, Cox, Thomas, again.
Stepho can be the reason why we run deep into the finals, Varcoe can't. I also don't understand why Trey Ruscoe has been sidelined, I thought he did well in the games he has played and was dangerous up forward. I would have him as a foil for Stepho as well.
I reckon my changes would have been:
OUT: Lynch, Phillips,
IN: JDG, Adz
I would also consider including Trey Ruscoe, but i am not sure who he would replace...maybe a Brown brother, but I don't know enough about team balance to be sure whether or not this would be a good move.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:06 pm

If they persist with big Cox deep forward I in part agree with Stevo for the speed he adds and I would have Ruscoe if not Stevo—Trey is a good reader of the forward even in his early days and I’d like to see him at Coxy,s feet which hasn’t happened yet
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:31 pm

dalyc wrote:
SteveH67 wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
It'll be Josh Thomas' 100th game

How many of those are deserved?

Every single one you muppet!

Yep ! It’s amazing, isn’t it.
Whatever happened to - if you haven’t got anything smart to say, then don’t say anything at all.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:36 pm

Although they are no names to most of us, the two forced omissions at Gold Coast are significant. They were both playing good footy for the Suns.
Absolutely no excuses tomorrow evening !
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:12 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Mentioning Stevo and tackling in the same sentence is interesting

His version of tackle and Varcoe,s are miles apart—Varcoe may been close to the end of his career but if Stevo wants to continues his he better toughen up

Aussie rules footy isn't complicated. The object is to kick more goals than the opposition. Stevo can kick bags of goals. Varcoe never has and is at that pointy end of his career where he is just another game from breaking down again like Reid is. You can be the greatest tackler on earth and it means nothing if your team doesn't kick goals. Problem is people want to read more into the game than it deserves by bringing up useless statistics that mean nothing. Even coaches get it wrong. Commentators are even worse.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:21 pm

I think the 2018 forward structure and confidence was higher than 2020 model—-this is not stats or coaches nor commentators veiws but mine
Stevo was new and with De Goey ,Thomas ,Cox and Checkers scoring regularly less attention came Stevo,s way

Fast fwd to now with all that’s happened 2019 and now has impacted in a negative way with the young man and he has to find a way back

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:27 pm

Very happy to see JDG and Treloar back in the team.

Varcoe replacing Stephenson disappoints me.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: