Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ex-AFL defender Heritier Lumumba criticises Magpies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:25 am
Post subject: Ex-AFL defender Heritier Lumumba criticises MagpiesReply with quote

<<I accidentally deleted the last thread, my apologies. Please continue to avoid the use of clearly racist terms, and please keep your explicitly or implicitly racist views to yourself - thanks, the mods team.>>

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-heritier-lumumba-collingwood-afl-racism-nathan-buckley-eddie-mcguire-harry-obrien-mushrooms/news-story/89845d57183a7730673c790425d0df82
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Still hard to fathom [what he was allegedly called]. <<Is it really necessary to continually attempt to promulgate the term? - the mods>>

The so called culture of racist jokes doesn't appear to be supported by other players at the club during this time. Be interesting to hear Leon Davis, Andrew Krakour, Chris Egan etc etc as to whether they were aware of this racist culture at the club.
billy_picken25 Cancer

billy_picken25

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:40 pm

He says he was called <<Snip - please stop spreading the term. It's not helpful. Thanks...the mods team>> it's not good enough for this to happen at Collingwood.

If it was sexual assault we would not accept it, don't accept the perception of racism.

Think Nicky Winmar at Vic Park showing his skin after being racially vilified along with Gilbert McAdam in 1993.
Monkhurst and Michael Long incident.

Our late President Alan McAlister said :
''As long as they conduct themselves like white people, well, off the field, everyone will admire and respect … As long as they conduct themselves like human beings, they will be all right. That's the key.'', that was not acceptable in 1993 or now.

Just issue the apology to Heritier Lumumba.

Then introduce some culture change training, from outside the club to make sure it doesn't happen again.

For everyone at the club to attend from the President and Coach down.

Is this our black lives matter moment ?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:11 pm

Very Old News.

He said this when he left the Club years ago.

Guess he wants some Attention Rolling Eyes

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:32 pm

billy_picken25 wrote:
He says he was called <<Snip - please stop spreading the term. It's not helpful. Thanks...the mods team>> it's not good enough for this to happen at Collingwood.

If it was sexual assault we would not accept it, don't accept the perception of racism.

Think Nicky Winmar at Vic Park showing his skin after being racially vilified along with Gilbert McAdam in 1993.
Monkhurst and Michael Long incident.

Our late President Alan McAlister said :
''As long as they conduct themselves like white people, well, off the field, everyone will admire and respect … As long as they conduct themselves like human beings, they will be all right. That's the key.'', that was not acceptable in 1993 or now.

Just issue the apology to Heritier Lumumba.

Then introduce some culture change training, from outside the club to make sure it doesn't happen again.

For everyone at the club to attend from the President and Coach down.

Is this our black lives matter moment ?

I suspect the culture that existed when H was around has already changed but I support the view of making an apology: that would be a decent thing to do in my view. The world has changed a lot in a short space of time both within and outside of the club.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:34 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Still hard to fathom [what he was allegedly called]. <<Is it really necessary to continually attempt to promulgate the term? - the mods>>

The so called culture of racist jokes doesn't appear to be supported by other players at the club during this time. Be interesting to hear Leon Davis, Andrew Krakour, Chris Egan etc etc as to whether they were aware of this racist culture at the club.

Krak has already (a while ago) supported the view put forward by H so has Leon Davis I believe.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:42 pm

And according to the article in the OP, so has Egan. H seems to have that particular trifecta covered.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:25 pm

whoa,
i dont blame him for being upset, thats unbelievable, and no one said anything? ****

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:39 pm

If true, and supported by others then it's disgusting that the club has righted the wrong.

It might explain why we attract so few aboriginal players.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:52 pm

watt price tully wrote:

I suspect the culture that existed when H was around has already changed but I support the view of making an apology: that would be a decent thing to do in my view. The world has changed a lot in a short space of time both within and outside of the club.

This is my take on it too WPT.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:32 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

This is my take on it too WPT.

Hell Yeah!!!

The Club must apologise, even if that means it opens itself up to litigation. The Club must make this right so H can return in October for the 10 year anniversary of our last flag.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:33 pm

watt price tully wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Krak has already (a while ago) supported the view put forward by H so has Leon Davis I believe.

As has Shae McNamara. As an American he was stunned that players apparently thought it was all in fun and that H was fine with it all.

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:44 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Very Old News.

He said this when he left the Club years ago.

Guess he wants some Attention Rolling Eyes

So you can't think of any other reason why he might have mentioned it again now?

Do you watch the news at all?

lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:11 pm

Attention seeker pops his head up again.....timely. Hopefully we have the 10 year reunion, sans Harry O and his messed up mind.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:28 pm

“We”? I doubt they’ll have you there in his place.

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8P2Y4yS6OU

Then try to say something respectable about one of Collingwood’s greatest ever players.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20   

Jump to: