Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

NFL 2020 competition

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Chiefs game to lose. They are a better team, but they do start slow, so TB has to take advantage of that because KC can (and will) score and score very, very quickly.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:53 pm

So, Rodgers will be named MVP of the NFL on 7 February.

He was clearly despondent after today's loss, as he should have been. My view is that the Packers (still) need to improve their defence - King and Sullivan are simply not good enough to close down the passing game of a really good QB. In that regard, I was very excited that the Pack had re-re-signed Tramon Williams last weekend. I thought they were going to play him in place of King - but I was mistaken. Special Teams was hopeless all year, today being no exception, and, when it mattered, the run game died. This time last week, it looked like Green Bay had three better than average RBs. This week it looked like an RB clean out is in order. The receiving corp improved, as a whole - but the only real star remains Davante Adams. The Chiefs just have better go-to players - Kelce, who drops about one or two passes a season and Hill, who is the fastest receiver in the League, bar none. Brady's Bucs didn't really look like a Super Bowl team to me - but while they can field Brady, anything's possible.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:25 pm

A fair bit of support from Packers fans for cutting Kevin King - see the comments below this article: https://www.packers.com/news/packers-full-of-regrets-as-super-bowl-slips-away
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:19 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
So, Rodgers will be named MVP of the NFL on 7 February.

He was clearly despondent after today's loss, as he should have been. My view is that the Packers (still) need to improve their defence - King and Sullivan are simply not good enough to close down the passing game of a really good QB. In that regard, I was very excited that the Pack had re-re-signed Tramon Williams last weekend. I thought they were going to play him in place of King - but I was mistaken. Special Teams was hopeless all year, today being no exception, and, when it mattered, the run game died. This time last week, it looked like Green Bay had three better than average RBs. This week it looked like an RB clean out is in order. The receiving corp improved, as a whole - but the only real star remains Davante Adams. The Chiefs just have better go-to players - Kelce, who drops about one or two passes a season and Hill, who is the fastest receiver in the League, bar none. Brady's Bucs didn't really look like a Super Bowl team to me - but while they can field Brady, anything's possible.

They did in the first half.

Kicking a FG when down by 8 will haunt the Packers. They had numerous chances to take the lead. Brady will never have 3 picks in 7 attempts ever again.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:13 pm

Tampa defence will really need to step up. They have been playing well but they have to be even better against KC.
Need to get pressure on Mahomes without letting him escape and run ... easier said than done.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:50 am

The view of two of the most intelligent watchers on the planet (Lombardi - no relation - and Virk) is that the Bucs' defensive co-ordinator won the game (if only because Pettine is a spud and Matt La Fleur isn't a competent situational head coach). It's interesting listening for anyone who wonders how the game is really won and lost - https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5tZWdhcGhvbmUuZm0vZ20tc2h1ZmZsZQ/episode/NmI1NTdmYjgtYTFiZi0xMWVhLTk2OTYtZjdmZTc0YTQ0MWVm?hl=en-AU&ved=2ahUKEwjo_eDsvbruAhVf4zgGHSaJBUwQjrkEegQIBxAI&ep=6

"It's players, not plays".
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:18 pm

Why the Packers lost

Scared money won't make money, and the Packers are the last team you'd think would be afraid to push all of their chips to the middle of the table, having the king of improvisation under center and with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. And yet, there they were, within sniffing distance of the end zone -- down eight points late in the fourth quarter -- and not once, but twice, the world saw Rodgers refuse to take off and scoot into open space for a rushing touchdown.

and then, LaFleur dialed up a field goal that shrunk the lead for five points, and that's where the score stayed for the remainder of the game.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:15 am

^ I really recommend you listen to the podcast. It's very insightful.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:58 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jan/30/jared-goff-matthew-stafford-trade-rams-lions
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:07 pm

So, Monday morning, our time Super Bowl LV: Chiefs at Bucs.

No-one cares?

I do. Chiefs by 19. Kelce to be MVP.

Don't really mind who wins. I watch this game for enjoyment (although, to be fair, I'd enjoy it more if Matt LaF^K learned how to coach my Packers in playoffs).

It's a bit of a shame it won't be Cris Collinsworth and Al Michaels - I would have loved them to be calling Mahomes v Brady. I think Cris would probably just prefer Mahomes v Rodgers but this would be a very close second - he loves Gronk and Tom, too. Anyway, the CBS team is Jim Nantz and Tony Romo (who is an outstanding technical commentator on what he sees unfolding in the game), along with reporters Tracy Wolfson, Evan Washburn and Jay Feely - and Rules Analyst Gene Steratore. I hope Gene isn't at the fridge pulling a beer when comment is sought on that 1 controversial call that divides the game.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:47 pm

Cant wait. Go Bucs
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:46 pm

https://www.espn.com.au/nfl/story/_/id/30849799/nfl-2020-season-awards-handed-nfl-honors-awards-show

So, Rodgers has become just the sixth NFL player to be named MVP of the League 3 times. Standards are, of course, higher at Green Bay, where he is just the second franchise quarterback in a row to win three MVPs. It wasn't even close - he received 44 of the 50 votes (Josh Allen of Buffalo got 4 and Mahomes - with whom Rodgers would, of course, swap places in a heartbeat - got 2).

Quote:
Tennessee Titans running back Derrick Henry and Los Angeles Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald were named the NFL's offensive and defensive players of the year.

Quote:
While guiding the Packers to a 13-3 record, Rodgers became the third player in NFL history to lead the league in passing touchdowns (48 ) while throwing the fewest interceptions (five), according to Elias Sports Bureau research, joining Tom Brady in 2010 and Johnny Unitas in 1958. Rodgers set a career high with an 84.4 Total QBR, the third-highest mark in a single season since ESPN began using the metric 15 years ago.

He joined Brett Favre, Jim Brown, Brady and Unitas as three-time winners -- all second most behind Peyton Manning's five MVPs.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:47 am

https://www.espn.com.au/nfl/story/_/id/30816365/super-bowl-2021-chiefs-buccaneers-score-predictions-prop-bets-kickoff-mvp-picks-more

Starts 10.30 this morning, AEDST.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:49 am

The wheels look to be off the Chiefs' bus - they trail 14 to 3. Brady to Gronkowski, rinse and repeat.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:15 pm

It beggars belief - Steve Spagnolo just made the same ridiculous error that Mike Pettine made against Brady just before halftime in the NFC Championship game (going man on man and letting him throw deep). Pettine lost his job for that. The Chiefs probably lost the Super Bowl. 21:6, seconds before halftime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: