Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game On! Pies v. Suns. Updates, all comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 am
Post subject: Game On! Pies v. Suns. Updates, all comments.Reply with quote

The Gabba. 7.10

Collingwood v. Gold Coast Suns.

B: Jack Crisp, Jordan Roughead, Jack Madgen
HB: Brayden Maynard, Darcy Moore, Isaac Quaynor
C: Tyler Brown, Adam Treloar, Josh Daicos
HF: Jamie Elliott, Brody Mihocek, Will Hoskin-Elliott
F: Josh Thomas, Mason Cox, Jordan De Goey

Foll: Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Scott Pendlebury

Int: Callum Brown, John Noble, Levi Greenwood, Travis Varcoe

In: Jordan De Goey, Adam Treloar, Travis Varcoe

Out: Tom Phillips (hamstring), Jaidyn Stephenson, Max Lynch (omitted)

Emerg: Jaidyn Stephenson, Ben Reid, Rupert Wills, Mark Keane
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that's the end for Lynch, realistically. Disappointing that Stephenson's form doesn't warrant him being selected, and that there aren't enough youngsters to put Reid and Varcoe out of consideration but other than that, it's probably the best team we can put on the park at the moment

Suns are 1-1-6 in their last 8 games, averaging 53 points, with their only win against Norf, who are the worst team in the comp right now. So we should and must win, take the pressure off the Port game, have a rest and get some more players available before finals

Pies by 26 and JDG and Treloar to be managed in the 4th quarter if we're well up

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:41 am

Our best team for a long while, for sure. Carn Woods, destroy these GC Beachboy Suns, smash these bastards, time we had a decent big victory.

Woods by 39 points.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:50 am

Just win.
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:57 am

If it was possible to have faith in Reid getting through the game unscathed, I would've liked to see him at CHB and Moore at CHF with Mihocek on the HFF. Have Cox stand in the goal square all night.
think better 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:16 am

With Noble named on the interchange I wonder if they ar thinking he could go in the middle at some stage. He had a great game last time around and I reckon he could make a go of a run in the middle
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:26 am

Uncle Jack wrote:
If it was possible to have faith in Reid getting through the game unscathed, I would've liked to see him at CHB and Moore at CHF with Mihocek on the HFF. Have Cox stand in the goal square all night.

I tend to agree, Uncle Jack.

Might have missed a chance to play Moore at full back on King, Mark Keane or Reid or Lynch on two-metre Peter and have Roughead and Grundy rotate off the pine in the ruck.

The forward structure looks about right- One mega tall, and two pseudo-talls (Mihocek and Hoskin-Elliott) plus two mobile marking targets in De Goey and Elliott. If Stephenson was cherry-ripe, he would be an obvious replacement for Thomas.

In an ideal scenario, Cox would stand on the goal line and begin his fast leads as the ball came forward of centre so that he cannot be out-bustled by stronger players. If he moves and leaps at the ball, it would be the catalyst for other forwards to be on the move, looking for crumbs off the inevitable dropped marks. This is where Varcoe and Sidebottom forward makes sense- they are both genuine crumbers of the ball.

It is such a shame that neither Kelly nor Howe or Sier are available- one could make a solid case for each of these in the team. Hopefully, Sidebottom will be back for the first final.

If Sier and Sidey are back, come finals, only three of Noble, Stephenson, Varcoe, Thomas, and Callum Brown will make the final 22- this is a very positive development in what has been another tough year for us on the injury front.

Make no mistake, Gold Coast will give their all tonight- playing Collingwood in a nationally televised game is a 'Hollywood-Moment' for most clubs- I suspect this one will go down to the wire.

Pies by 11 points

Floreat Pica

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:02 am

Tipping us by about 30 points
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:11 am

Looking forward to a good win tonight. After that Port Adelaide is vulnerable if we play our best football next week. It’s a week at a time but I’m not expecting us to go very far in the finals. With reduced lists at the end of the year a few of the older guys are going to be finally pushed out. Whatever happens in finals we are going to have a stronger fitter team next year.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:16 am

warburton lad wrote:
Uncle Jack wrote:

I tend to agree, Uncle Jack.

Might have missed a chance to play Moore at full back on King, Mark Keane or Reid or Lynch on two-metre Peter and have Roughead and Grundy rotate off the pine in the ruck.

The forward structure looks about right- One mega tall, and two pseudo-talls (Mihocek and Hoskin-Elliott) plus two mobile marking targets in De Goey and Elliott. If Stephenson was cherry-ripe, he would be an obvious replacement for Thomas.

In an ideal scenario, Cox would stand on the goal line and begin his fast leads as the ball came forward of centre so that he cannot be out-bustled by stronger players. If he moves and leaps at the ball, it would be the catalyst for other forwards to be on the move, looking for crumbs off the inevitable dropped marks. This is where Varcoe and Sidebottom forward makes sense- they are both genuine crumbers of the ball.

It is such a shame that neither Kelly nor Howe or Sier are available- one could make a solid case for each of these in the team. Hopefully, Sidebottom will be back for the first final.

If Sier and Sidey are back, come finals, only three of Noble, Stephenson, Varcoe, Thomas, and Callum Brown will make the final 22- this is a very positive development in what has been another tough year for us on the injury front.

Make no mistake, Gold Coast will give their all tonight- playing Collingwood in a nationally televised game is a 'Hollywood-Moment' for most clubs- I suspect this one will go down to the wire.

Pies by 11 points

Floreat Pica

Two Metre Peter? He hasn’t played all season.

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:19 am

errr. Happy Birthday Lynchy

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
I guess that's the end for Lynch, realistically. Disappointing that Stephenson's form doesn't warrant him being selected, and that there aren't enough youngsters to put Reid and Varcoe out of consideration but other than that, it's probably the best team we can put on the park at the moment

Suns are 1-1-6 in their last 8 games, averaging 53 points, with their only win against Norf, who are the worst team in the comp right now. So we should and must win, take the pressure off the Port game, have a rest and get some more players available before finals

Pies by 26 and JDG and Treloar to be managed in the 4th quarter if we're well up

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:18 pm

How has Maynard pulled up from his corkie? Any chance he is a late out?
alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:30 pm

He played through the game with the corkie so I'd assume big Bruzzy is an in Smile
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:35 pm

Step 1. Defeat Suns tonight and guarantee our place in finals.

Step 2. Defeat Power next week or hope that one of the Saints or Bulldogs lose.

Outcome. Avoid the worst possible scenario of playing the Eagles in Perth in week 1 of the finals.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:01 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Step 1. Defeat Suns tonight and guarantee our place in finals.

Step 2. Defeat Power next week or hope that one of the Saints or Bulldogs lose.

Outcome. Avoid the worst possible scenario of playing the Eagles in Perth in week 1 of the finals.

Right on.

I suspect we will have to beat Port to avoid the trip to WA, as I expect both the saints and Dogs to win next week. Fwiw, I reckon we will do just that and finish 6th.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29   

Jump to: