Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Port. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
We're playing West Coast on Saturday night (October 3) at 6:10pm WST (8:10pm EST).

https://www.afl.com.au/news/510195/finals-fixture-afl-unveils-times-venues-for-week-one

Thanks, Jezza. Time for that thread, I think.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:00 pm

Jezza wrote:
We're playing West Coast on Saturday night (October 3) at 6:10pm WST (8:10pm EST).

Channel 7 were wrong! Shocked

(Or did the AFL change it last minute just to spite 7? Wink )
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:01 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
^ I still think a crack at Ben Brown might be the go, i reckon a fresh start, at a new club might work wonders for him, its worth a shot, i dont reckon hes one dimensional at all, he can take a good mark, and on song, hes pretty damn accurate, with his long run ins.

Yep, well worth considering Piesnchess, if the price is not too high!! Wink He's been very consistent up until this season.

I'm concerned that we need to lock away Darcy and and JDG (young Daics too?) and may not have enough salary cap left for any worthwhile tall forward.

Trey Ruscoe will be only 19 in November (reminds me of Redgum Very Happy) and at 190cm, could be expected to grow a fair bit more. Will Kelly at 194cm has only just tuned 20 and could also be expected to bulk up more.

I just reckon the clearances, forward set-up and delivery needs to be improved first, no matter who is stationed at full forward or therabouts.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:53 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
We aren’t far off being a great side once we get rid of the deadwood. Look what Hinkley did. He made big calls on certain players a couple of years ago and now it’s paying off.
We played off for a premiership in 2018 and then got reluctant to make those calls thinking we were almost there....

Hold that thought - let's go back to round 22, 2018:

Collingwood dft. Port Adelaide

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2018/041320180818.html

Round: 22 Venue: M.C.G. Date: Sat, 18-Aug-2018 1:45 PM Attendance: 46286 →
Collingwood 4.2.26 9.7.61 10.11.71 17.13.115
Port Adelaide 4.1.25 7.2.44 9.4.58 10.4.64

Firstly, you notice the half time score - almost identical to last night's full-time score, but reversed!

r22, 2018 half time:
Collingwood 9.7.61
Port Adelaide 7.2.44

last night full time:
Collingwood 7.3.45
Port Adelaide 9.7.61

If you open that link, and look at who played that day, the changes aren't as numerous as you'd think, particularly for Port...

And what did Hinkley do, to revive his jaded 2018 list?
And don't say simply offloaded Polec, Pittard, Wingard and Watts.

And we were missing Moore, Howe and Treloar, with no Roughead yet!

So, somebody, FFS, please enlighten me on exactly HOW we went from a 2018 free scoring unit, to this embarresing fumble-f*ck trainwreck we witnessed last night?

Seriously, if I see Noble stop, prop, look ahead then kick 30 metes backwards one more f^cking time, the TV might rock star it's way out the window, and into the pool.
Why is nobody making a lead, nor running past for a cheap handball give?

Umpiring putrid - check.
Collingwood players scragged by Port before they take possession at centre clearance - check.
Minimal holding the ball decisions paid to Collingwood - check.
Gift goals to Pies opposition inside F50 - check.
Pies handballs to teammates feet, where they have no hands - check.
Pies rally, only to have Thomas, varcoe, WHE or a Brown slaughter the set up on goal - CHECK!!

Sure, the effort is there - no question. It is the disposal standard. Just utterly putrid.
Something MUST give - either players go, or coach/coaches depart.
Otherwise we are entering that tried and tested definition of insanity logic again - repeating the same process, yet expecting a different result.

I remember back in 1992 watching Gavin Brown struggle in the latter part of the season, unable to take games by the scruff of the neck.
Turns out he'd been playing with a hernia, and pain killers.
I'm wondering if that same restriction could be effecting Grundy, because that just ain't him out there no more. And that is a big part of the problem.

All of this is fixable too; but now unlikely to manifest in less than two weeks.

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:34 pm

piedys wrote:

I remember back in 1992 watching Gavin Brown struggle in the latter part of the season, unable to take games by the scruff of the neck.
Turns out he'd been playing with a hernia, and pain killers.
I'm wondering if that same restriction could be effecting Grundy, because that just ain't him out there no more. And that is a big part of the problem.

I'm sure you a right about Grundy. I would not be at all surprised him we hear reports of him going in for hip surgery or similar post-season. He is definitely playing impeded in some way.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:01 pm
Post subject: Re: pies lose to PortReply with quote

orie wrote:
I love Bucks and I always have...

BUT Last night I saw that look of helplessness and resignation that really sat badly with me.

I can't believe he didn't try anything different. We had nothing to lose by throwing some players around.
The Grundy situation is starting to really be an issue. He could have thrown Cox into the ruck[ it would have been just as effective] or should I say ineffective and Put Grundy on the forward line.
I ain't a coach but surely he could have down something..
I want to see him show some passion or frustration, because that's what its like at the moment for us all.

Am I the only one who was slightly bemused at all the smiling after the game. Pendles definitely earned the right to a good send off. He is a genuine superstar.

Well, there is the fact that it was the last game of the season. No use doing too much different when you want to surprise whoever we were going to meet in the first final. Look for De Goey to go into the middle against the Eagles at times, I think.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:08 pm
Post subject: Re: pies lose to PortReply with quote

Cam wrote:
orie wrote:
I love Bucks and I always have...

BUT Last night I saw that look of helplessness and resignation that really sat badly with me.

I can't believe he didn't try anything different. We had nothing to lose by throwing some players around.
The Grundy situation is starting to really be an issue. He could have thrown Cox into the ruck[ it would have been just as effective] or should I say ineffective and Put Grundy on the forward line.
I ain't a coach but surely he could have down something..
I want to see him show some passion or frustration, because that's what its like at the moment for us all.

Am I the only one who was slightly bemused at all the smiling after the game. Pendles definitely earned the right to a good send off. He is a genuine superstar.

Well, there is the fact that it was the last game of the season. No use doing too much different when you want to surprise whoever we were going to meet in the first final. Look for De Goey to go into the middle against the Eagles at times, I think.

I'd be tempted to put Varcoe on the ball at times & let him rip into the Shuey. Vacs can tackle hard and makes players earn the ball.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:19 pm

Can we please post about the upcoming final in the pre match thread?

- Pies4shaw for BBMods.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:03 pm

piedys wrote:
Sure, the effort is there - no question. It is the disposal standard. Just utterly putrid.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^

I’m totally sick of seeing the world record for turnovers being broken by Collingwood on a regular basis. Just stop doing this ‘pies🤬 Over it😡😖

slangman 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:29 pm

piedys wrote:

Pies handballs to teammates feet, where they have no hands - check.

Absolute GOLD!!!

This has to be in the running for quote of the year.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Another pathetic score. 45. Really? We have the 6th WORST attack this season. No team in the history of AFL has ever won anything with a bottom 6 stat in anything, let alone scoring. Embarrassing, yet we’re expected to tune in week in week out with promises of a ‘premiership contender’??? To watch 1-2 goals a quarter??? F off.

In 2019 Rich were 17th for contested possessions and 18th for clearances and still won the flag.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:53 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Jezza wrote:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/510195/finals-fixture-afl-unveils-times-venues-for-week-one

Thanks, Jezza. Time for that thread, I think.

No worries, P4S Smile

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 pm

sherrife wrote:
We tried, but we're just not good enough. No connection between the players, no instinctive sense of where each other will be and where to go to next for the ball.

I think it's a mental thing more than anything else, but we don't seem to be able to turn it around. We played better tonight in patches, but just unable to get flow for a sustained period of time. The whole season has been like this really, even when we've won it's been ugly and unconvincing.

Worst thing for me tonight, apart from the endless fumbles and missed passes, was the failure of the players to get around Stevo after he kicked that goal. It was really good stuff from a player that everyone knows is suffering, and nobody cared. Shows that either he's done something really wrong, or there's a issue with team culture. You don't win flags with that kind of vibe, that's for sure.

Port are impressive and a great team to watch, I hope they win the flag when we get knocked out. Love Travis Boak, reminds me a bit of Swan, though less brilliant.

A really good post. I agree with just about everything you say.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
Seeing us elect to handball at the centre bounces, when we should've been kicking it long drove me nuts, especially because so many of the handballs were either fumbled by the player who was receiving them or intercepted by Port. I was constantly saying 'Kick the effing thing!'

It's been so prevalent this year it has to be a coaching instruction.

I notice few people on here are addressing the elephant in the room. Buckley and his staff just simply can't coach at this level. Period. I'd love to get Luke Beveridge.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:23 pm

Lazza wrote:
Rational decisions need to be made.

Agree 100% Lazza. If Buckley was named Joe Blow and had played for some other team would he still be coaching Collingwood?

You ALL know the answer to that question.

Take the emotion out of it and look for another coach.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13   

Jump to: