Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game Day. Pies v. Eagles. Late changes, comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:34 am
Post subject: Game Day. Pies v. Eagles. Late changes, comments.Reply with quote

Optus Stadium, WA. 8.10

Collingwood v. West Coast.

B: Jack Crisp, Jordan Roughead, Jack Madgen
HB: Brayden Maynard, Darcy Moore, Isaac Quaynor
C: Chris Mayne, Adam Treloar, Josh Daicos
HF: Will Hoskin-Elliott, Brody Mihocek, Jaidyn Stephenson
F: Jamie Elliott, Mason Cox, Jordan De Goey
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Scott Pendlebury
Int: Levi Greenwood, John Noble, Josh Thomas, Darcy Cameron

In: Chris Mayne, Darcy Cameron
Out: Tyler Brown, Travis Varcoe (omitted)

Emerg: Tyler Brown, Callum Brown, Travis Varcoe, Mark Keane

Milestones:

The magnificent Brodie Grundy, star ruckman of his generation, will play his 150th game. He is over a year younger than Nathan Buckley was when he played his 150th AFL game.

Taylor Adams, our All-Australian sensation, also plays his 150th game of AFL (including his GWS games).

Let's hear ya !!
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

WCE by plenty - hopefully me and the bookies are totally wrong.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:19 am

We’re still capable of winning. That backline looks very strong to me and Mayne is back to his natural position on the wing. It’s our forward line that worries me. Everyone has to play above themselves and not allow McGovern and Barrass to mark everything. Also I reckon we’re one mid too short and risk being ran off our feet on the big Perth oval. Tim Kelly in particular is a worry because he’s running into form at the right time. You can forget putting a tag on him because whoever it is won’t be able to run with him.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:36 am

Will we get an honorable loss?
From the vanilla squad picked.

Last edited by masoncox on Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:37 am

Don't agree with the changes, thought Tyler deserved to stay in, can see the reasoning behind Mayne (in a way), but why Cameron? I just dont get it

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:46 am

We couldn’t be any more underdogs. Recent smashing and mental scaring this team has caused us. On their home deck. In form (at least at home) against our barely going season. BS quarantine situation.

It’s absolutely prime for the biggest upset in recent memory.

Eagles by 70.

derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:51 am

Good luck tonight Collingwood, and congrats to Grundy. I too hope I am wrong and the boys can pull a victory out of the blue.

Heart says maybe somehow....but my head and the stats say we will be a 15 - 30 point loss. Too much has to go right and we have too many players who are either injured or just really out of form. As i have stated before it really won't shock me if Grundy has been carrying an injury all season...he copped a cork or a leg injury very early in the season as I recall...Richmond game??? Has not looked right since.

Last edited by derkd on Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:57 am

Do you think Jeremy Howe and Steele Sidebottom would make a big difference to this team ?
I was thinking we are always cursed with some sort of injury crisis but we are not far away from full strength!!

Its a good team on paper but maybe we arent gelling as a team this year...too much in eachothers face ?? idk

Would love to have seen Bianco Wilson Rantall Keane Tohill played to get a gauge on them.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:58 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
We’re still capable of winning. That backline looks very strong to me and Mayne is back to his natural position on the wing. It’s our forward line that worries me. Everyone has to play above themselves and not allow McGovern and Barrass to mark everything. Also I reckon we’re one mid too short and risk being ran off our feet on the big Perth oval. Tim Kelly in particular is a worry because he’s running into form at the right time. You can forget putting a tag on him because whoever it is won’t be able to run with him.

Yes, I think we are one mid short, that is why I wanted Sier back in. I think we intend to play JDG through the midfield, which makes our forward line look even worse, unfortunately.

derkd 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:03 am

magpieazza wrote:
Do you think Jeremy Howe and Steele Sidebottom would make a big difference to this team ?
I was thinking we are always cursed with some sort of injury crisis but we are not far away from full strength!!

Its a good team on paper but maybe we arent gelling as a team this year...too much in eachothers face ?? idk

Would love to have seen Bianco Wilson Rantall Keane Tohill played to get a gauge on them.

A difference, yes, change the result? No, our major issue is scoring...our forward line disposal efficiency is deplorable. We don't have a goal kicking target. Look at West Coast...Kennedy, Ryan, Darling...anyone of them is capable of tearing us apart. Apart from De Goey I don't see a match winner in the forward 50 for us...and our midfeild has been so soundly beaten this year that we need two of him as it is.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:22 am

Coaches box mate. 2018 we got hit with injuries and Bucks finally showed his worth as a coach and let them play on instinct and much more attacking. For some reason he’s gone back to this uber defensive game that I feel the team is just unsure with.

That said the whole comp is uber defensive. The game is really in a poor state.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:41 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:

“Big Perth oval”? It’s not Subiaco. The new Perth ground is essentially the same as the MCG.

Having said that, they will most definitely run us off our feet, but that’s because we’re not very good.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:43 am

derkd wrote:
magpieazza wrote:

A difference, yes, change the result? No, our major issue is scoring...our forward line disposal efficiency is deplorable. We don't have a goal kicking target. Look at West Coast...Kennedy, Ryan, Darling...anyone of them is capable of tearing us apart. Apart from De Goey I don't see a match winner in the forward 50 for us...and our midfeild has been so soundly beaten this year that we need two of him as it is.

100% agree

At the end of the day I support our team through thick and thin but when I look at our list, our list manager has something to answer for.

I thank god that half a dozen players are actually dependable first team players ( this year ) ( and to think Elliott and Moore are usually on the sidelines)...Elliott, Crisp, Moore, Pendlebury, Adams and Grundy...and a couple more but geez our list is a mish mash of Ex rugby union, Basketball, soccer, Gaelic football players plus 3 or 4 that are on their last legs, 3 or 4 that have played 1 game in 2 years due to pre existing injuries, 3 or 4 that are in and out of the side due to not being good enough.....chuck in mental health issues and then Coxy who plays a good game every now and then because he is still developing.

Practically every second player you look at has an excuse ( viable or not ) for NOT being a regular first team player.

F*$%#ing clear the decks please....Ive had enough....lets have at least 30 players that can ACTUALLY contribute to senior footy on a consistent basis.

Having said all that we are playing finals footy at least, so something is working but geez louise theres plenty room for improvement !!
Vent over

Last edited by magpieazza on Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:45 am

Collingwood's defensive running might be a bit less hopeless against them this time, because Scharenberg and Wills aren't selected. The lack of pace of those two players was responsible, directly, for 10 of the first 12 West Coast goals the last time we played them.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:51 am

Not expecting much. I think West Coast will win comfortably.

In saying that, football is a strange game and I hope we can pull it off somehow.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: