Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Toast. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raef wrote:
BUMP:
Quote:
My view is that our poor performance's are largely due to fumbling a very slippery ball at key moments. Based on this, my theory is that we were happy to travel to WA to get away from the dewey conditions of the Gabba.

Our skills will improve in the dryer conditions in WA and we will win.

Then by the time we return to the Gabba, the October winds that J Brown has been banging on about will dry out the Gabba and we will continue to our way to the flag.

posted this after losing to Port and didn't get a lot (read none) of support toward this optimistic view ... best win since 2018 prelim and up there with the qualifying final against Port in 2002 when Bucks was out injured and no one rated our chances... Go Pies!

I read your view at the time and thought more about what it said about going back to the Gabba if we won.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:56 pm

McGuane3.jpg

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:58 pm

think positive wrote:
man that post got me teary!!!

Same here when I wrote it.
Nearly 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:09 pm

My son said to me at 3/4 time, ‘happy to lose the last quarter by 9 points’ 😂

On Cameron and Grundy, in particular starting Cameron in third and fourth quarters, I reckon Bucks’s view was one of best use. Cameron at least as able (if not more so) than Grundy to just negate Natanui, then have Grundy against their second string when possible, hopefully to advantage.

Agree we have to fix those centre clearance goals. When Elliot is in there he is effective at holding things up if we don’t win it. In any case, clean centre clearances from the Cats will always have them looking for Hawkins. I’d play Moore on Hawkins for centre bounces (with his superior closing speed), even if Roughhead gets the job in general play.
Nearly 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:16 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
tbaker wrote:
90 nice wrote:
Great to see the pies overcome finally the eagles tell me who thinks we could get back Howe back for the cats game. Like to bring in will kelly too and maybe ruscoe.

And even if we had all those ins, who deserves to be dropped???

I try not to be a “ what, if “ person but when I was seeing those marks taken by the eagles talls on the back of poor spoiling attempts, I found myself thinking how much we’ve missed Howe.
I reckon if Howe had played last night, we win that game “ easily “
Having said that, respect for Madgen who has cemented his position this year. It’s just that he’s no Howe but to be fair, not many are.

This is IMHO a sensible view. Magden has developed into a dependable solid player, but Howe was in an All Australian trajectory. I’d love to see Howe out there, but it’s not going to happen having missed so much football with such a serious injury.
tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:24 pm

Nearly wrote:
Agree we have to fix those centre clearance goals. When Elliot is in there he is effective at holding things up if we don’t win it.

Yes, I noticed that - he was somewhat effective in the centre, holding things up until we at least got more numbers around the ball.

69 years a MAGPIE Libra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:34 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
derkd wrote:
Want a laugh over the coming days read the West Coast big footy game day thread.

love it!!!

Link please

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:38 pm

BACK on topic, it was good to see Kane Cornes had to eat humble pie, he said we just made up the numbers, and i wonder if the WA papers are now running a story on the great win, by the CLEAN PIES ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:43 pm

Great writeup JC Hartley!
Larry 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:37 pm

Mossi wrote:
shawthing wrote:

P.S. A very special guts and determination award to every Pies fan that was at Optus last night having to put up with the redneck feral crowd. So proud of youse all as Jeff Fenech would say.

Would have loved to have been there!! By the way Jeff Fenech is a Collingwood supporter 😁
I was abusing that feral crowd through my TV!

The bit I don’t understand is collingwood made it difficult for collingwood supporters to get tickets. I have WA based membership so could get tickets. But tried to used my melb based family legends membership to buy Perth based collingwood fan family tickets and they would not work. Spoke to collingwood about it and they had organized only enough tickets for WA members. Wouldnt they want to get as many pies supporters there it just doesn’t make sense to me. They want to keep the money people have paid them but take away what are normal entitlements.

But it’s great to be in Perth today heaps of people out with pies gear on.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:42 pm

Cam wrote:
Great writeup JC Hartley!

I second that

mgbourne Aries

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:55 pm

The miracle at Optus

I was there

My confidence grew during the week as the whole team just quietly accepted the challenges while all the noise was being made by the home team and their obnoxious fans.

My confidence grew more when during the warm up I swear WC missed more shots on goal that they made, and after the round 8 game when they were kicking them from everywhere it really felt tonight was different.

The game was stressful and if my heart ever restarts I'll be grateful but seeing the sheer ecstasy of all fans (esp in bay 105 taking crap from some of the biggest knob WC fans I've ever had the displeasure of sharing a state with) makes last night one of the greatest nights of my life. So enjoyable walking out of the ground listening to all the whining only to be drowned out by the amazing pies fans celebrating.

What a night!

tbaker 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:55 pm

Larry wrote:
The bit I don’t understand is collingwood made it difficult for collingwood supporters to get tickets. I have WA based membership so could get tickets. But tried to used my melb based family legends membership to buy Perth based collingwood fan family tickets and they would not work. Spoke to collingwood about it and they had organized only enough tickets for WA members. Wouldnt they want to get as many pies supporters there it just doesn’t make sense to me. They want to keep the money people have paid them but take away what are normal entitlements.

Don't blame Collingwood, blame the AFL. Just prior to finals the AFL announced that no club members from the state of Victoria would be permitted access to finals tickets, due to the border restrictions. Hence why the membership codes didn't work.

From https://www.afl.com.au/finals/tickets/faq :
Based on state border restrictions as of 24 hours prior to the first on-sale for each match, only members who:
-reside in the state in which the match will be played, or
-reside in states with open borders to the state in which the match will be played will be eligible to purchase tickets.

Larry 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:32 pm

Thanks for clearing that up.
I don’t know why collingwood membership department didn’t tell me that it was the AFL who had made the decision.
When I contacted them before tickets went on sale. They told me it was to make sure that there was enough tickets for WA members.
Adz 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:44 am

That last passage of play with WC taking it from full back through the middle was almost the exact same passage of play as the infamous GF play. When Ryan marked it on the wing I was convinced they were going to get a mark inside 50.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 20 of 23   

Jump to: