Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sidebottom for Prelim final?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quaynor out? Are you serious? He’s not going anywhere. The Browns can’t take his role. He just played his first final under intense pressure and he will have been taught a lot. He will only get better.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:35 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Quaynor out? Are you serious? He’s not going anywhere. The Browns can’t take his role. He just played his first final under intense pressure and he will have been taught a lot. He will only get better.

Can you read ? When did I say Quaynor out. Take a chill pill dude.
Surely Callum and Tyler are in selection discussions for this week - no matter how brief those discussions may be.

We need his rebound speed off half-back particularly against the cats.
He may have had his hands full with a job last night, but that rebound was down ?
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:46 pm

Tyler and Callum can play in the middle with Mayne pushed back further. It isn't impossible. Where would you rank him in terms of the 22 last night ?
Sorry didnt mean to hijak the thread.
Adz 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:01 pm

Quaynor Out. Sier In.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:04 pm

Adz wrote:
Quaynor Out. Sier In.
so you can keep up the negativity in the game thread? I don’t think so!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:07 pm

think positive wrote:
Adz wrote:
Quaynor Out. Sier In.
so you can keep up the negativity in the game thread? I don’t think so!

Love it TP.

Adz is worse than me on game day (and the worst on Nick's), and that's saying something given I am the eternal pessimist on game day.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:10 pm

Sidey has obviously chosen not to play in these Finals with his team mates, all in know is if we lost a close Final last night, by one point, say, hed feel pretty bloody weird, i reckon. Hes made his bed, let him lie in it.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:31 pm

There is a story doing the rounds that Sidey told Buckley and the leadership group he would be returning as soon as baby was born.
Club based there new release of him returning on that and when he was contacted with details of flights etc he backflipped saying staying at home
He’s within his rights to do so not begrudging him spending time with new born or partner but he told the coach leaders playing group and club he would be back
If true he should have said I’ll make a decision after child is born and see how it goes
Apparently coach and captain are mightily pissed off at him about this and on the back of the Covid night out
His days as a leader is obviously over now but I wonder if we may see him offered up when trade time comes around and we are looking to retain 2 stars for years to come
His age and inability to produce anything positive under man in man pressure might see us entertain offers especially now given how Daicos has improved out of sight and is on far less money and has his best years in front of him
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:52 am

We shouldn't be talking Prelims yet anyway.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:07 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
There is a story doing the rounds that Sidey told Buckley and the leadership group he would be returning as soon as baby was born.
Club based there new release of him returning on that and when he was contacted with details of flights etc he backflipped saying staying at home
He’s within his rights to do so not begrudging him spending time with new born or partner but he told the coach leaders playing group and club he would be back
If true he should have said I’ll make a decision after child is born and see how it goes
Apparently coach and captain are mightily pissed off at him about this and on the back of the Covid night out
His days as a leader is obviously over now but I wonder if we may see him offered up when trade time comes around and we are looking to retain 2 stars for years to come
His age and inability to produce anything positive under man in man pressure might see us entertain offers especially now given how Daicos has improved out of sight and is on far less money and has his best years in front of him

Yeh, he really has not done much the last two seasons, really, and i think he would be good trade bait, say to the Doggies, for an early draft pick, something like that. I think his days at Collingwood are numbered now, after the fiasco hes put the Club through this season.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:24 am

I know opinions differ and hallelujah for that. My view is that the mark of a great person is one who knows when to set aside the important things in order to accomplish the vital ones. I say that as a father who was present at the births of my two children. However I couldn’t say if I would have been there if I had to go overseas for the funeral of a parent or close relative at that exact time. You can’t always have perfect solutions for all conflicting priorities. My vital duty on this occasion relating to Sidey would have been not to bite the hand that feeds me. Sometimes the choices are extremely difficult but need to be made. You can’t always get what you want as the Stones sagely sang.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:32 am

Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans. Sidey is a champ and it would be perfect seeing him roaming the forward 50 at the Gabba. As a father you can't dispute how you change when you hold your baby in your arms for the first time.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:57 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Sorry QM67, I understand you're simply passing on what you've heard, but that sounds like a crock to me. Sidey was all set to return, when the QLD government required him to quarantine alone, with no training facility, for 2 weeks. The club then made the call that it was not viable. That's as I understand it anyway.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:12 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Yeh, he really has not done much the last two seasons, really, and i think he would be good trade bait, say to the Doggies, for an early draft pick, something like that. ...

Why would the Doggies want another mid, when they have the Bont, Macrae, and so on?
K 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:14 pm

perthmagpie wrote:
Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans. ... As a father you can't dispute how you change when you hold your baby in your arms for the first time.

Yes, but family planning is not such a way-out idea. Just ask Leigh Matthews. A professional club would have thought about such things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: