Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sidebottom for Prelim final?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Yeh, he really has not done much the last two seasons, really, and i think he would be good trade bait, say to the Doggies, for an early draft pick, something like that. ...

Why would the Doggies want another mid, when they have the Bont, Macrae, and so on?

True, maybe the Dons then, straight swap for Fantasia ?

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
There is a story doing the rounds that Sidey told Buckley and the leadership group he would be returning as soon as baby was born.
Club based there new release of him returning on that and when he was contacted with details of flights etc he backflipped saying staying at home
He’s within his rights to do so not begrudging him spending time with new born or partner but he told the coach leaders playing group and club he would be back
If true he should have said I’ll make a decision after child is born and see how it goes
Apparently coach and captain are mightily pissed off at him about this and on the back of the Covid night out
His days as a leader is obviously over now but I wonder if we may see him offered up when trade time comes around and we are looking to retain 2 stars for years to come
His age and inability to produce anything positive under man in man pressure might see us entertain offers especially now given how Daicos has improved out of sight and is on far less money and has his best years in front of him

Sorry QM67, I understand you're simply passing on what you've heard, but that sounds like a crock to me. Sidey was all set to return, when the QLD government required him to quarantine alone, with no training facility, for 2 weeks. The club then made the call that it was not viable. That's as I understand it anyway.

Rude all good mate but my understanding is a little different
He couldn’t isolate in what was the AFL hub as it had closed with all the extra facility options but he could still use same facility with a protected outdoor areas for training (for running and kicking) available to him just not the gym etc which AFL had set up
He would have also had access to a team trainer to work with who would have quarantined along with him at the same time
My understanding the club had arranged that but it was Sidey and his partner who changed there minds hence the clubs changed press releases
I’m not judging Sidey on staying at home with his partner and new baby that’s his choice absolutely but it has apparently left a bad taste in a few people’s mouths
It’s a tough one mate and in tough times maybe we see things differently
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: