Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Stephenson's desperation won us the game against the Eagles

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:21 pm
Post subject: Stephenson's desperation won us the game against the EaglesReply with quote

With all the talk about Cox, Checkers, De Goey and even Adams' heroic efforts in winning us the game against the Eagles, I reckon one act of fierce determination and desperation in the closing minutes of the last quarter has somehow been overlooked - Stephenson's desperate punch and spoil of what would have been an Eagles mark right in front of goal. If they'd taken that mark then it would have been goodnight nurse for us. So since Stevo has copped heaps of criticism in recent weeks - from me included - I thought his match winning spoil was deserved of its own post. Well done Stevo. Keep it up kid.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Yep RudeBoy, I mentioned this also in post-match comments, after watching the replay. Smile
I could just make out a long-sleeved Collingwood jumper punching the ball clear in those crucial circumstances. I figured it could be no other than Stephenson and added how he looked like an different player to last week. He certainly repaid the faith of the selectors by playing a solid game. Excellent to see.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:00 pm

Stepho came good, was back to his confident self. Shame his run and long kick at goal just missed, that would have been a beauty — but great to see he backed himself to kick it. JDG wasn’t happy though, he was free haha
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:05 pm

It’s probably the best he has felt about himself for a long while. Hopefully he builds on that again this week. His 360 metres gained from only 10 touches is a ridiculous stat but it also shows how damaging he can be when he’s in the mood.
Still on Stephenson, I heard a grab of Malthouse on the radio calling Stephenson a “ bit of a scaredy cat “. Regardless of his appetite for the contest or not, I thought it was an ordinary comment from Malthouse. For a bloke who sells himself as a father figure and mentor to young footballers, I’m not sure why a former coach would feel the need to demean a young player.
Sounds like Mick has fallen into the trap of attempting to remain relevant well after his glory days are long over.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:11 pm

As someone else mentioned, his 30m handball to Elliott [?] on the wing in the first got us running. He is a big key to our run and gun game.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:16 pm

I mentioned in the game thread that he had 313m gained (most for Pies) to half time and was giving us lots of drive from the wing.

Stevo and Daics will push Phillips out for good.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:43 pm

I was shocked by Malthouse's words about him on radio, replayed on Footy Classified last night.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:54 pm

Hopefully turned the corner. The coaches constantly talk about moments in the game nowadays. He certainly took his moments a few times. Pity he didn’t kick that goal on the run.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:09 pm

I thought Stevo was done for the year, you can't lose talent and skill but glandular fever will knock the socks off anyone.

Go Stevo!!
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:11 pm

I’ve had some thoughts on the kid and disturbing ones at that and I’ll wear egg on my face gladly because I like all of us must realise that when he does get back to his old self he has learned some important messages along the way
He has to a degree found some new ways to approach the game and as they say
Experience is the best teacher

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:11 pm

K wrote:
I was shocked by Malthouse's words about him on radio, replayed on Footy Classified last night.

Yes,shocking thing for an ex coach to say about one of the current players.It actually made him sound like one of those numpties that post at big footy.That’s how people talk over there,
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:16 pm

MM for mine is becoming a bitter old person
TopGun Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:22 pm

Rewatch the match and check out how hard (and fast) and often Stevenson ran during the game to make position. I really liked his game and would not be surprised if kicks a few goals next while Cats concentrate on our 3 talls
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:45 pm

Note to all - there is a slight technical defect with this thread. We've tried to correct it, without success.

- Pies4shaw for BBMods.
think better 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:59 am

BazBoy wrote:
MM for mine is becoming a bitter old person

becoming??????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: