Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies thumped by Cats. All comments, please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:34 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
Lazza wrote:
LAL filled gaps in the team by great recruiting and just won yet another NBA title. We need to do the same by recruiting real talent and piss off those who are not good enough or don’t want to be at Collingwood.

Lazza my old friend... If Treloar's missus is going to be in Qld, then the likeliehood is that Adam *may* want to be too. It would be win-win. Just saying.

Cam good dude in that context you are perfectly right. However I always look at the other alternatives available. Obviously it’s their call but this doesn’t need to be an inevitable solution. She could change teams and play in Melbourne and this will also be a win - win this time favouring Treloar and Collingwood. However I realise that my dinosaur view about being loyal to the club and jumper is no more and in fact that was the reason we got him in the first place. My gut feeling is that he will piss off and so be it. Hence my comment that if we are to stay competitive with the top teams, we need to recruit with precision and fill the needs/gaps astutely. This is a must.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:36 am

12 months is not that soon after childbirth to resume a sporting career. April Brandley was back playing netball for the Giants this season after having her son in February. If you have seen any pictures you would realise Kim Ravaillion is super fit.

Kim is from Sydney (Fairfield), she just started her professional netball career in Brisbane. Her family is still in Sydney and her mum will be moving to Brisbane to assist with childcare. Netball contract is only for 10 months due to competition signing restrictions.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:42 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Lazza wrote:
shawthing wrote:
DT wrote:
I really can’t believe some of the commentary here. Is everyone really a Collingwood supporter?

You can't defend the indefensible.

So true! Fair weather fans are really the pits. Pathetic.

I actually don't think its actually possible for fair weather fans to go for Collingwood...

So true. Impossible to be a fanatical Collingwood fan if you are only viable during fair weather.

Ok the pedant in me agrees with you. However if you remove the word ‘fanatical’, I think (and know from seeing it happen) that we do have fair weather fans like all teams. I can’t see how or why we would be exempt🙄

derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:24 pm

Collingwood were poor, probably a mix of factors....we have not been a great team all year. The game against West Coast was the Pies getting fired up and playing well above their 2020 form...and we still only won by a point. So the Pies probably were tired. We looked steps slower all game.

Don't under estimate what Geelong had to play for..the media had been stuck into them all week (just as the media were stuck into Collingwood the week before) Geelong also probably realise this is almost their last shot at a flag for a number of their again stars.

The worry for mine was the score, one goal for three quarters suggests a serious disconnect between mids and forwards. The problem seems to me teams have Collingwood completely worked out.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:44 pm

can i ask how long this thread will be pinned? its killing me

and yes they do, look at buckleys face during the match, there is no plan B

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:08 pm

Look,I’m no Buckley apologist,but the best coach in the history of the A.F.L couldn’t have saved Collingwood the other night,The players were stuffed from the word go.On footy classified last night they showed clips from the game,and you could see how totally uncompetitive the players were.They weren’t running,chasing,or even manning the mark.Most of them were just jogging away from the ball.That’s the sign of a team that’s physically and mentally spent.No coach could have saved them that night.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:07 pm

Agree but it still won’t stop the Buckley haters from blaming him for the loss. 🙄🥺😮😠
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:27 pm

Lazza wrote:
Agree but it still won’t stop the Buckley haters from blaming him for the loss. 🙄🥺😮😠

You sound like one of those victims of a fraud that can't accept they have been taken advantage of.

You may be suffering from amydgala hijack.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:47 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Lazza wrote:

You sound like one of those victims of a fraud that can't accept they have been taken advantage of.

Fair enough, although if I was in a hijack situation, I’d most probably suffer from Stockholm syndrome🙄🥺😣🤒

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:11 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Lazza wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOsvng4QwG8
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:50 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Look,I’m no Buckley apologist,but the best coach in the history of the A.F.L couldn’t have saved Collingwood the other night,The players were stuffed from the word go.On footy classified last night they showed clips from the game,and you could see how totally uncompetitive the players were.They weren’t running,chasing,or even manning the mark.Most of them were just jogging away from the ball.That’s the sign of a team that’s physically and mentally spent.No coach could have saved them that night.

This explanation really annoys me.
We had a 2 week break before the Perth game.
We had another 1 week break before the geelong game.
That is 1 game in 3 weeks before the big clash.
How the hell can you be stuffed from that.
If you are not mentally tough enough then nick off.
THe explanation might have had some legs for the time we played 4 games in 14 days.... not 1 in 21 days
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:54 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
That’s the sign of a team that’s physically and mentally spent.No coach could have saved them that night.

Agree Doris. They were asked to go to the well yet again and there was nothing there. Bucks said at the Copeland tonight they simply had nothing left to give.
I noticed Tay Adams had his elbow in a sling at the awards tonight. Our Copeland winner was off for all of the second quarter and obviously played with a restricting injury for the rest of the game. Couldn't have helped us in trying to gain effective possession of the ball at centre bounces especially.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:05 pm

think positive wrote:
can i ask how long this thread will be pinned? its killing me

Usually it's pinned for about a week... or until our next game. Shocked Wink
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:24 pm

masoncox wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

This explanation really annoys me.
We had a 2 week break before the Perth game.
We had another 1 week break before the geelong game.
That is 1 game in 3 weeks before the big clash.
How the hell can you be stuffed from that.
If you are not mentally tough enough then nick off.
THe explanation might have had some legs for the time we played 4 games in 14 days.... not 1 in 21 days

We actually had two games in 19 days before the semi final,not one game in three weeks.Port Adelaide on Monday the 21st of September,and West Coast on the third of October..What other explanation would you come up with for our performance on Saturday?Did you see the lack of effort from all of the players,the inability to run?If that’s not fatigue,both mental and physical,then what is it?We were also the only club that had to go into quarantine for a week,and we returned from the longest road trip in football,from Brisbane to Perth and then back to Brisbane.Do you really think that Geelong are a 68 point better side than us?

Last edited by doriswilgus on Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:29 pm

Dp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21   

Jump to: